Redeploy is horrendous.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CactusLynx, Jul 10, 2014.

1. CactusLynx

To get to the fight you must either pull an aircraft or base hop, both of which one should not have to do. Its a needless waste of time and/or resources when you should be able to just drop in on a fight, barring faction overpop. Instant action is liable to put you in a really crappy position or a base with one enemy (usually a stalker infil, you know who you are, and you are no match for my flashlight) so that rules out that feature. The only real solution to this right now I see is joining a squad and popping in to what ever fight they are in, as they are usually at some point of action, but solo player like me are getting turned off by the junk that is redeploy right now.
    • Up x 5
  2. libbmaster

No.

The ability to jump entire platoons across the map to hot spots has been a significant issue for some time.

Less functionality for redeploy is something that's been requested quite a lot, as it kills the need for "logistics" and simplifies the game.
    • Up x 10
  3. hawken is better

Based off of the changes that have taken place over the last 6 months or so, it's going to get a whole lot worse for us lone wolfs.
  4. doombro

U WOT M8?

U WOT M8?!

U. WOT. M8.

I'm not sure how to respond to that in any other way.
    • Up x 1
  5. Hatesphere

instant action isn't as bad as it used to be, it gets me into tons of good fights.
  6. Champagon

Agreed in fact it should be MORE difficult to hop around the continent. Right now it is way to EASY, the continent has no sense of scale when you can just redeploy basically wherever you feel like at the time. this isn't Battlefield, this ain't COD. This game is supposed to require something called teamwork, coordination and logistics especially when it comes to transportation
    • Up x 4
  7. Luke15g

Kind of selfish asking for the ability to jump anywhere on the map instantly, did you even think about the negative impacts on the game?

Its already pretty bad as is where entire platoons can move from one side of the continent to the other in about 30 seconds, it should take much longer and require resources and effort.
    • Up x 3
  8. Ralcoss

Bring back the old redeploy time of 15-18 seconds per base.
  9. Rift23

Join squad
    Deploy on squad leader
    Leave squad.
  10. Codex561

11. Kevin49704

Nope, redeploying across the continent is a terrible feature and should be removed. It makes any sort of logistics pointless and allows platoons to move around too quickly and easily. I understand wanting to help players to get to the fight faster but they need to find a better way than "Oh you just logged in? Redeploy to pretty much where ever you like."
  12. Stromberg

hm? I saw changes like nearest facilities and middle-sized bases being always available for spawn. decrease in respawn time after redeploying and "reinforcements needed" spawns over all continents. seems more like it's getting easier (which I like).
  13. UberBonisseur

Everybody is casually missing the point that Redeploy across a continent isn't the problem, redeploy across a continent within 15 seconds is.
  14. DorianOmega

instant action is fine... its a bit bugged (spawns incorrect class choice and wont deploy at all at times or can put you in the most random spots that are either impossible to fight or there is little to no fight and sometimes you can get spawned into places nowhere near any fighting) .

It could use a tweak but you can always opt to teleport to one of the frontline bases upon logging on if your having trouble getting to bases, warpagte isnt the start zone any more... personally dont see too much a need to change what we already have for getting to the front lines...
  15. Astriania

You're right, redeploy is horrendous ... but not in the direction you think it is. Redeployment allows platoon-sized last second zerg saves on any base the faction chooses, and then a redeploy to do it somewhere else, which leads to 3 minutes of ghost capping and 1 minute of being steamrolled.

Redeploy, and spawning in from outside the territory in general, needs a big nerf, like not being able to deploy inside a territory that is being contested unless you're within 250m of the spawn point.
    • Up x 2
  16. libbmaster

I suspect that the OP knows that.

Every thread he makes is... "combative" in tone, even when it raises a potentially important discussion.

Re-reading his post, I fear we may have been successfully trolled.
    • Up x 1
  17. Kerempooh

Make redeploy anywhere cost a hefty amount of resources, preferably proportional to the distance travelled. This way the larger the area held, the harder it would be to rapidly transport units around and so make things a bit harder for the dominant faction.

That'd be easy to implement, given the new single-resource system.

There I just solved it for ya.

(p.s. and lower HP/resistances for gals which would make galaxy drops, especially into defended areas or across lots of open air, much riskier. At the moment gals are waay too durable and I've seen them used as ground attack craft which is pretty weird for a transport/rapid troop deployment aircraft. Imo ESFs should be integral to any gal drop, but as air cover rather than ceremonial guard of honor)
  18. Arkha3

Redeploy has its good and bads. Good, it brings reinforcements. Bad, it can cause an overwhelming amount of reinforcements, causing the battle to instantly flip over and flatten the other side in minutes.

But, removing redeploy would cause zergs to... stay as zergs. I believe redeploy has caused zergs to break up and even up the game play for certain areas. I really like the idea of redeploy using resources. Use your redeploy wisely.
  19. MorganM

I don't understand people at all. We litteraly have to threads on polar opposites of the same topic. One guy saying redeploy is too easy and we should drive / fly everywhere.... and this guy saying he can't redeploy anywhere and is forced to drive / fly.

See this all the time on many topics. I just don't get it... at all... are we playing the same damn game ? Or is there like some other game with the same name and same forums?
    • Up x 1
  20. Hatesphere

you know the camera zooms to were it is about to send you and give you a whole ten seconds to cancel right? dont like the location, wait like 30 seconds and it usually changes.