Flanker LA Carbine? [TR]

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by IberianHusky, Jul 6, 2014.

1. IberianHusky

What is a good Carbine for a flanker Light Assault? I'm currently using a Jaguar with HS/NV, grip, and SPA, and it seems to be doing the job quite well, but I'm wondering if I should attach a suppressor and Adv. Laser sight to see how useful that would be. I'm also wondering If I should switch over to the Lynx instead.

What is a good carbine + attachments for a flanker/general-use LA build?
  2. Iridar51

Flanking is LA job requirement. No matter what weapon you're using, you want to be flanking. Different weapons just lead to different styles and characteristics, like longevity, survivability, situation exploitation potential, stealth, etc.
    You really should try a bit of everything and see what works for you best.
    Loadout I use myself is explained in this post, as for the weapon - Cougar with Grip/Hva/No barrel seems to work best for me.
  3. cruczi

The best carbine to start with is probably T5 AMC. Slap on an adv. grip for 200 certs, get used to the recoil direction (which is easily controllable without compensator) and you're set for some mid-range flanking mayhem. The iron sights are fine IMO but if you prefer not to get up close, try the DMO 3.4x chevron scope. Reflex sights tend to suck for longer ranges, while iron sights are accurate at any range.

If you do want to get up close though, Jaguar is your best bet - the 0.75 ADS movement multiplier plays straight into LA's strengths as a high mobility class.

I find T5 AMC to be far more accurate at range. Cougar's COF bloom requires a higher learning curve and it still ends up performing worse in the hands of experienced players than the AMC.
  4. Iridar51

Why is Cougar's bloom a problem? The difference in "bloom per point of damage" and "bloom per second" is in T5 AMC's favor, but it's so small it can freely be ignored, ~2%.
    As for the more/less accurate, it boils down to how HVA affects velocity, and how forward grip affects horizontal recoil, and we don't really know any of those things.

Still, even if advanced forward grip cut's down T5 AMC's horizontal recoil of 0.2/0.2 to, say, 1.5, and basic forward grip cuts down Cougar's 0.1875/0.1875 to 1.65, Cougar is still gonna have less horizontal recoil per second than T5 AMC.
    And in CQC, Cougar scales better with headshots, since it's gonna fire off 3 rounds faster than T5 AMC will fire 4 rounds.

Maybe Cougar has a higher learning curve because of lower velocity, I don't really have any problem with leading targets just a bit. Anyway, I of course realize that different people are different, that's why I wrote "works best for me".
  5. Megaman3300

Personally, when I'm playing a close-range flanker, I have 3 go-to loadouts:

Gripped 1x Lynx with no ammo attachement
    T5 AMC with laser sight, 1x, HVA, and suppressor
    And a Trac-5 with a 2x and grip.
  6. cruczi

Huh? According to stats.dasanfall, T5 AMC COF start = 1, COF recoil = 0.1, while Cougar COF start = 1.25, COF recoil = 1.2. The start COF is by far the more important stat, and shows a 25% difference. This is where the weapon will tend to default towards between every burst... with proper burst control, you can keep AMC's average long range COF as tight as if you were firing single shots with Cougar.

I don't understand how HVA even enters the discussion because both weapons have access to it.

As I've proposed here, I think horizontal recoil becomes easier to manage with directional vertical pull, thus AMC's horizontal recoil is easier even without grip, but becomes piss easy with adv. grip.

It has a higher learning curve because you need to burst more carefully with it to maintain the same accuracy, and the straight upward recoil is harder to compensate accurately for.
  7. Iridar51

And whatever this "CoF start" even is? Why refer to stats.dasanfall.com, in this case its info doesn't make sense.
    We have access to perfectly readable in-game stats:
    [IMG]
    And Cougar clearly has better CoF stats in all stances except ADS Stand Move.
    Because we don't know how HVA works. It may be a flat boost across the board, like +25ms, or it can be a percentage boost across the board, like +5%, or it can have an individual effect on each weapon. Same for HVA's effect on vertical recoil.

I will check out that post, and I suggest we move our discussion on this topic to that thread.