Sporadic G15 error when trying to log onto Ceres

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kanthes, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Kanthes

Basically, every now and then, I'll be able to start up the game just fine, and get to the character selection screen. But when I try to log onto my character on Ceres, the game freezes and eventually shuts down, giving me a G15 error. I am running Avast, although I have added Planetside 2 to the exceptions list, as well as attempted to completely disable the AV before launching the game, to no avail. Ceres is the only server I have a problem with, and logging onto any other server causes no issues whatsoever.

Interestingly, I am able to predict when this error happens by going into the Character Creation screen, and seeing the list of servers. Ceres shows as Live, but the Ping is just "---" rather than an actual number. All other servers show a functional ping.

There's also a minor side-issue that any attempt of starting the game within 30 minutes of a login freezes the game at 6% on the initial loading bar (The first one after starting the game from the launcher), giving me a G99 error. I've set up my router to forward all ports, but the problem persists.

Thank you in advance for any responses!
  2. Shurrikken

I have a similar issue, with all servers. Either gets stuck on 6% in the initial loading screen then CTD, or it gets stuck on logging in with a character and then CTD, both with either G15 or G99 errors. Usually I need to try 4-6 times to actually log in, today I haven't been able to get into the game at all. Very frustrating

This has been happening since the latest hotfix for me, and I have no clue what causes it. It was working fine before and suddenly it went to ****.