New Comer Needs Help Learning Lingo

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FaarFromFalleen, Jul 5, 2014.

1. FaarFromFalleen

I'm new to PS2, but not to online gaming, yet you guys use a lot of terms I'm not familiar with, like for instance "zerg" and many others I've seen floating around. Can one of you post a few along with there meanings? Please and thank you. :D
  2. Leftconsin

Ever play Starcraft?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  3. TopVanuTroll

Zerg is pretty much the main army of a faction. They use overwhelming numbers and some strategy to steamroll people. Many players don't enjoy rolling with the zerg and prefer smaller fights, but I personally think that zerg vs zerg is what Planetside 2 is about.
  4. TopVanuTroll

I wreck lings with my 3 3 MMMM all day
    • Up x 1
  5. TopVanuTroll

Other terms:

Lolpod: these things that go on ESFs that have been abused to no end.
    Indarside: derogatory term for Indar all day everyday
    Infantryside: kind of the same thing but with infantry
  6. Rogueghost

I personally don't consider a large group of players a zerg, I consider a zerg a large amount of players that out numbers the other faction's players in that hex by a large margin, typically a two to one ratio.

For example there is 100 VS and 100 NC fighting at a tech plant, I consider this simply a big battle, now lets say 100 more NC show up, I'd now consider this a NC zerg because they out number the VS two to one.

Now what is and what isn't a zerg isn't well defined, but I like this definition, it allows me to enjoy large battles, while still being able to make fun of zerglings in yell chat.
    • Up x 2
  7. Leftconsin

_______side: You can fill in the blank with basically anything. Generally meant to be insulting.
    Skywhale: Galaxy dropship.
    Battle Bus: Sunderer equipped for battle instead of just being a spawn point.
    ZOE: The Vanu MAX's special ability. Was overpowered for a while, but still has some latent hatred towards it.
    Blueberry: At least Connery NC seems to like to call themselves blueberries.
  8. TopVanuTroll

I consider that a clash of zergs. See now, in Starcraft, ZvZ imo is the most boring matchup. Ling bane into muta... almost always. In Planetside, ZvZ is the best, because it showcases what Planetside is about. I guess our definitions differ?
  9. TopVanuTroll

Can someone make a thread that acts as a dictionary for Planetside 2 terms?
  10. Udnknome

I thought we stopped with these nicknames when SOE screwed them up between PS1 and PS2.

The VS used to be "Barnies" and the TR used to be called "Cylons" ... I think Smurf was a favorite for the NC.

I honestly haven't heard any of nicknames for the whole factions in PS2 (connery)... The occasional description of equipment, though...

Bug - TR Mosquito
    Pizza Box - Tank Mine
    Brick - NC Reaver or TR Claymore
    GOD SAW - NC Gauss Saw (with some attachments)
    BRRT - TR Mini-Chaingun attachment that supposedly makes it OP.

Might be better if the OP (original Poster) just keeps this thread open and asks for a few definitions occasionally.

Most of the common lingo you can find on http://www.urbandictionary.com/

It won't have any of the PS2 specific ones though.
  11. GeneralPeragorn

Sundy or AMS: Sunderer, Infantry transport and a mobile spawn point.
    Gal/Battle Gal/Skywhale: Galaxy, a massive air capable of wrecking the opisition if used correctly. Prepared to be scared.
    Engy/Pocket Repair Dude: Engineer. A class which can repair vehicle and maxes.
    Higby: *****er. "You Higby" is often used as an insult
    Flash: Small quadbike used for transporting one or two people. These can be equipped to turn invisible.
    Certs: Certification Points. 1 per 250XP, used to buy weapons and upgrades.
    ESFs: Empire specific fighters. These are the light aircraft of the game.
    SkyGods: Skilled ESF pilots.
    MBT: Main battle tank. Empire specific, each has a unique ability.
    Lib: Liberator, A flying gunship. Used to be OP so people freak out about them. Now all right if you avoid them
    Paper Tank: Lightning, a small one person tank that can be solo'd be a single infantryman.

Death Trap: Harasser. Small attack buggy. Not even why I bothered explaining, you'll never see them.
  12. Iridar51

I have some of this stuff in Glossary section of my guide, though it's far from covering ALL the common terms, though I believe has most of the important stuff. I've never had any feedback on that particular section, so I don't really know if it's missing something.
    • Up x 1
  13. Lord Blackadder

• Up x 2
  14. Scatterblak

Also:

TK - Team Kill.
    F4g: Anyone in TR.
    Cheater: Anyone who kills you when you didn't expect it.
    Teammate: Anyone who runs over you in a tank.
    Higby'd, Higby'ing: Denotes a wrongdoing, ex. "thanks for Higby'ing me with your tank. LTD!"
    LTD: Learn To Drive
    F4g: Anyone in NC.
    Spandex: Vanu Uniform.
    • Up x 1
  15. -Synapse-

Smedbux: Station Cash.
    Crops: The other team.
    Sundy: Sunderer, usually equipped with an AMS (Advanced Mobile Spawn) module. If it's not equipped with an AMS module they're referred to as, "Why the hell aren't you deploying that Sundy you ******* scrub!?"
    Elmos: Terran Republic grunts elite shock troopers.
    Smurfs: New conglomerate terrorists freedom fighters.
    Barneys: Vanu Sovereignty cultists cultists.
  16. Megaman3300

Here's some lingo I find myself using often (other than what's already been listed):

bangbus - Sundy decked out for offensive pushes
    airwh0re busters - Skyguards
  17. FishMcCool

OP = "You killed me and since i'm too juvenile to blame my own lack of skills and situational awareness, i deeply believe that the ridiculously small statistical difference between my weapon and yours is the only reason explaining why i didn't win. Please find attached 3 plots, 5 spreadsheets as well as an out-of-context dev quote which undeniably shows the 0.0000000001s difference in optimal time to kill that your weapon enjoys compared to mine, which is an incredibly unfair advantage in the typical Planetside2 engagement: 1v1, at mid-day, face to face, with no lag, when opening fire at the same time, at the same level of nanoweave armour, on the same class, with 100% accuracy. Therefore, there was absolutely no way our confrontation was going to end up in any other way than you winning considering the obvious automatic win granted to you by your classless choice of gear. You should be ashamed, and deep within yourself, you know that you basically used a cheat code and that the moral victory is mine. Now watch me post 50 threads during the rest of the week to find sympathisers to ensure that this incredible oversight gets addressed by the devs with the priority it deserves."
  18. Vertabrae

My personal favorite..........Bacon

Bacon refers to a spawn beacon that a squad leader can deploy. You'll see the long stream of blue/red/purple light going up into the air. Squad members can then drop onto that spot.

Deploying a spawn beacon is often followed by someone saying Bacon is Served.
    • Up x 1
  19. Frostiken

How did SOE screw the up when players made up the terms?

PS1:

Elmos = TR
    Smurfs = NC
    Barneys = VS
  20. Vertabrae

Hitting that bottle a lil early in the day are we? Your post makes absolutely no sense in regards to anything else in this thread or the OP.