Exp boost during Double Exp

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jawarisin, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Jawarisin

Me and my friend having a little argument here, so we thought we'd ask.

During a double exp weekend, if I activate a 50% boost, instead of the regular 150% (total)
    do I get:

A) 250%
    B) 300%

Thank you for taking the time to answer!
  2. Alexanor

It's anything you would normally get x2. So, if you get 100 xp for killing someone, then turn on the boost, you get 150xp. Then, if it's double XP weekend, that would be 300 xp.

If you are a boost and member, you'd get 200 xp normally. During a double XP weekend, you'd get 400 xp.
    • Up x 1
  3. Crayv

And if you have a hyper boost... it's starts getting comically high. I think like 600xp... and if you are in a low pop cont with a 50% exp... 900xp a kill.
  4. DaMann22

And thats when you go to a biolab fight as a medic or max.
  5. Jeslis

Default is 100%.
    By what you said, I assume you are a member, eg; 150% base.

Going from 150% (member) +boost = 200%

going from 200% to 2x xp weekend = 400%.

Keep in mind population stuff and being in squads with other members.
    Basically, add up all your boosts and bonuses, THEN x2 = % xp you're getting.
  6. JibbaJabba

It's even more for many...

Base 100
    Membership 50
    Boost 50
    Heroic boost squad 5-60 (minimum 5 for self, 60 if everyone in squad has one).
    Membership squad 2-24 (being a member now gives squad a boost)
    Alert participation 20

Add all that up THEN double it.

If all the stars align you can:
    300 Extreme menace kill
    25 streak stop (which is near automatic with a menace kill)
    10 headshot.

335 x 608% = 2036xp or 8 certs for a single kill.

Realistically 400 Certs / hour is a pretty common number during double XP weekend.
  7. DFDelta

I think I once got 40 or so certs from a single revive grenade in a cramped biolab during 2x XP event. I don't know how much exactly, I only know I had about 850, and a minute later when next I cared to look I had over 900 (and I only killed 2 guys, threw a nade into a room full of dead guys and had my aura on for 5 or so seconds, so I'm 90% certain it was the grenade that gave me all those certs)
    I wear a maxed grenade band since that day.

The spice certs must flow.
    • Up x 1
  8. Regpuppy

Double xp thankfully happens after all modifiers are applied. Boosts are one of these modifiers. The thing that throws people off is this does not reflect on anything but the xp amount you see on screen(so you have to be familiar with regular xp amounts). So some people might think it only doubles the base xp, like some games do it, when it doesn't.

So to answer your question simply, you'd get 300%.
  9. Leftconsin

Extreme menace kills are common during double XP weekends. On top of that there are squad membership boosts now. And I imagine that many people, like me, are saving boosts for double XP weekend. Even very poor players will be able to cross 2000XP threshold in a life to be an extreme menace. It feeds back into itself inflating XP even more! More menaces more certs.

During a double xp weekend, biolab alert, I was in Rashnu, running a boost -> ~1400 xp/minute average over the alert.

At the time my normal was about 100-200 xp/minute. Nowadays I'm a better player; I get about 200-300 xp/minute. I'm excited.
  10. Prudentia

The highest common Xp Bonus was 7.5x
    with a hyperboost it would be 8.5x
    with the new Hossin lock it can be 8x and 9.5x respectivly