Rise of the AF-18 Stalker?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by TorigomaSET, Jul 2, 2014.

1. TorigomaSET

So the AF-18 Stalker has always been a strange Gun. Some like it, some hate it, but no one could ever really say it was a great weapon, for the simple reason, its stuck in a strange nitch, it don't hit hard enough to really use in Close range, but has far too much recoil to use in Long range. But those where the only scopes for it.

With the new addition of the 2x Scope however, the AF-18 Stalkers found new Life as an extremely effective Mid range weapon. I'd even argue that it is the NC Infiltrator's BEST Mid Range weapon. Anyone else give it a Try yet? what do you thing? It is surprising how much a little more Zoom (but no too much) can effect a weapon.
    Has anyone found any other weapons that have benefited greatly, just from the addition of the 2x scope?
  2. Ronin Oni

You talking the full auto-scout rifle?

Dude, those things have always been awesome. I don't even use a sight on mine, just irons usually (tho maybe I'll try a 2x)

They're also dirt cheap, and better at short to mid range than SMG/PDW's which really only work in tight CQB.

Anyone who want's to play for free and run Infil with a squad/'fit should be picking up their factions scout rifle.
    • Up x 1
  3. AnuErebus

Meh, still has crap for projectile velocity and as a 143 damage 652 rpm gun it's got a bit too much horizontal recoil for it to be good for mid range. It's workable and it's definitely better than an SMG for the role, but it still needs a few tweaks before it's really up to par with the majority of the gun selection in game. Granted, it is better than the semi-autos which are its main competition, but that's more due to the semi-autos being completely broken than it is due to the auto scouts actually being a good gun.
  4. Amundsenkalmah

If i recall correclty they always had 2x scope?
    • Up x 1
  5. DramaticExit

The full auto scout rifless have been awesome for a long time. They give you way more flexibility than an SMG due to having that extra punch at range. They'll never be that great as a hipfire weapon, but in a panic situation they can be surprising.
  6. Mongychops

Always had a 2x on my Artemis... If it wasn't on the stalker, this is the first I've heard of it.
    • Up x 1
  7. JP_Russell

The Stalker has always had a 2x. It was the first scope I got for it.

Anyway, yeah, it's solid when it's precisely what you need. I think it's best when you're fighting alongside enough of your teammates that you can use the cloak effectively to always shoot at your targets from advantageous positions before they've targeted you, since ideally they won't be focusing on you with all the action going on. Motion sensory helps you to know where you need to be looking before exposing yourself.

As just a general use weapon where you can't be sure the cloak and motion sensory will come into play, it's obviously pretty meh. Guess it's also worth noting that it's probably strictly inferior to the SAS-R for the crack shots out there.
    • Up x 1
  8. TorigomaSET

Either Your Bugged, or I have been. Its never been there for me, I know, It was one of the First things I looked into.
  9. Plunutsud pls

The full auto scouts have long TTK and low damage per mag, can't see why anyone would use them at close range over SMGs and medium range over SASRs.
  10. Fellgnome

ASRs have too much horizontal recoil for such low RoF and small mag size and mediocre velocity. At the range they're intended for most AR/Carbine/LMGs will outgun you hard and you have an unforgiving mag size on top of that. May not even be enough to kill a well certed HA in a single mag at mid-ranges with nano+NMG on top of bullet drop off and a few missed shots all factored in.

Granted, since they're accessible to infil they can't be too powerful due to cloak so it's understandable for them to be less powerful, but right now I think they're on the underwhelming side. If they brought the horizontal recoil down and bumped velocity up they'd be in a better place balance wise.

Right now I prefer just using a PDW as my versatility focused infil weapon, and if I were NC I'd use a Cyclone which is kind of the NC's Orion gun, a questionable amount of versatility and power for a single weapon.
    • Up x 4
  11. JP_Russell

There is absolutely a distance in between the optimal ranges of those two where the full auto scouts are ahead of the pack. You just have to be able to work around the weaknesses of having a poor assault rifle, which is possible with the infiltrator, if the circumstances permit it.
  12. Plunutsud pls

I have around 800 kills with the Artemis on another server and the only reason I even used it was because I didn't want to spend 700 SC to buy a SMG.

The cloak lets you get in close for SMG range or stay far away for SASR and sniper range.

The full auto scouts are just a gimmick back from the days when Infils didn't have SMGs yet.
  13. Rohxer

3,301 kills with mine and I still love it. If you're tired of in-your-face SMG action, and (at least in my case) not a very good shot with the semi-autos, then this is a great weapon when paired with our cloak and radar tools. Sure, I'd love if it got a buff, but it's still totally capable once you acclimate to its limitations, and provides much more satisfaction that SMGs. Don't listen to the naysayers!
  14. Moz

Is it me or is there two of this thread?
  15. CuteBeaver

[IMG]
    • Up x 3