I'm a little uncomfortable with attachments being able to be purchased with SC.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Angry Scientist, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Jachim

,... huh? Where does it say that anywhere? Are you just making this up?

Seriously though, optics and mag extenders and soft points are all direct upgrades and have always been....
  2. KoS-1

Will the additional revenue be wasted on a mismanaged product? Or will we finally get better talent for a product which has potential?

If it's going to be wasted, then don't bother. It's just a quick cash grab in essence.
    • Up x 1
  3. Thunder33

Feels like Tribes Ascend when the developers realeased a pack with all weapons in the game for 20 dollar.
    And Max weapon upgrade should cost 1000sc not 360sc, 500 certs is alot of time grinding.
  4. Phyr

I honestly wouldn't care about this. As long as it remains Pay to shortcut, they can add an SC price to anything they want.
    • Up x 2
  5. Alarox

I don't see what the big deal is. I want this game to be financially stable and this is something that helps. It isn't pay-to-win either. I'm perfectly fine with this.
    • Up x 1
  6. Konfuzfanten

The single most important thing you can buy for a weapon in PS2 is the sight/scope, everything else is an afterthought.

I couldnt care less about being able to buy extended mags or forward grip with SC.
  7. anchorman

In some games this is true because the grind can be for hours or even days depending on how much you play just to unlock what you could pay for , but planetside 2 has to many ways to earn certs fast like playing medic or engie and the medal system in place. The grind is not endless its actually pretty fast as far as f2p games go.
  8. Blackinvictus

Ruining the game seriously man? I don't get it. People complaining for having the option to pay for something you can still get for free is not P2W. Which is EVERY damn thing but cosmetics.

The loudest complaints are coming from people who likely haven't put a single dime into this game, and really contribute not a damn thing to the game's future sustainability in the long run. I for one am very happy to support something I get so enjoyment out of. 15 bucks a month, 10 dollars here and there is really nothing, you pay way more for a good night out drinking. If you cant afford that for entertainment, you got other problems and maybe should not be playing so much video games.

I think that's what this discussion from the whiners boils down to.

Yes its F2P, but could they even sustain the game if nobody bought anything? There are definitely P2W games out there, but PS2 would NOT fit that description.
    • Up x 1
  9. TwwIX

Well, get comfortable because it's going to get worse.

Smedley gots to eat too, after all.
  10. Ronin Oni

I was just saying this in the Satire thread

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ents-has-ruined-the-game.192276/#post-2789224
    • Up x 1
  11. RadarX

As a reminder folks our forum guidelines do request constructive feedback. Please ensure your posts are compliant and on topic.
  12. Ronin Oni

lol that actually would be P2W :p
  13. HadesR

True .. Considering Hit detection isn't guaranteed as it stands :p
  14. Hicksimus

Is it pay2win? Certainly.
    Is its effect negligible? Certainly.

So long as it can be obtained with regular gameplay I don't view anything as significantly pay to win.
  15. phreec

No, it is true. MAX suits, hp kits and grenades are powerful tools limited only by resources. Resources you easily run out of if you're a free player but laugh at as an aurax', resource boosted member. Resource boosts are the only hint of P2W in this game.
  16. SteelMantis

I am definitely uncomfortable with it.

As an isolated incident non-Max attachments don't really make the game that much more pay to win. Even higher cert Max attachments are not that big of a deal.

However it's not one small step toward P2W, it's another small step. And it is starting to feel like the game gets a little more P2W every month with the attachments on top of implants and member only double xp weekends. What is the next step toward pay to win?

So, yes, it makes me uncomfortable and much less interested in playing recently since I absolutely will not play a game that passes a certain point on the pay to win scale.
  17. Goretzu

As I said though it is a meaningless argument.

As you can take it to the limit of the defination of "P2W" which is that if you pay more than someone you will always win (and they can never win).

However by that defination nothing ever has been P2W and nothing ever will be P2W because no one would be daft enough to destroy an MMO with such a system and therefore P2W has never, and effectively can never, exist (and therefore pretty much everything including being able to pay $$$ to reload you gun in game is "ok" and not "P2W"). o_O

Where as if a lot of people call something else P2W then it IS P2W to them........ which is all that matters at the end of the day (as it accounts for them playing or not playing (and paying or not paying)).

I still think they've realise there's not going to be a new wave of new players and instead are monitizing those they have left (likely to fund PS4 development - it'll be interesting to see if all this goes in the PS4 game).

Which is why I think we'll see SC for infantry, MAX and vehicle upgrades very soon, especially since there is basically no difference between selling MAX extended mags and those things for SC and no more or less damage would be done to the game by doing so.

Especially if they can't make enough $$$ for them on even player made stuff (which has no development cost at all for them).
  18. Goretzu

Extended mags definately make you stronger in most NC MAXs (some VS and TR MAXs) and when using Burster arms, significantly stronger - they most definately are NOT "lateral upgrades" in these cases, rather they are plain out and out upgrades.
  19. Goretzu

That may be a bit hopeful.

The PS4 version is the best (maybe only) hope for PS2 development, they won't (IMO) do massive things to game they see as failed (they never did much with PS1 post-Core Combat - although in fairness they did throw a lot of development at the vanilla game and then the development of Core Combat, it just didn't work out - and after that it was more messing around with what they already had al la Black Ops etc.).

I think SWGs very much taught them to cut their loses, and from a business point of view that's probably right.... of course from a player point of view it is rather pants.
  20. ironeddie

I'm a hopeful person. Perhaps it would be better to hope that h1z1, eqn etc do well and off the back of that we get a ps3 that's got the funding and also some knowhow learnt from making this.