Tried VS after 1300 hours on TR & NC (Emerald)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BiggggBRIM, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Zombekas

It's pretty common that people pick factions by the faction's character. Often they also like to pick what's similar to themselves. So who do you think would be more organized and coherent, brats screaming about paychecks or science geeks? It only makes sense to me :)
    • Up x 2
  2. DJStacy

The Woodman VS definitely work better together than any other faction as far as team work goes. The TR have a core set of outfits that work together really well and are always respectful and helpful on comms, but there are still quite a few outfits that are out in the cold and not really interested in helping out.

If they did it would help our faction a massive amount but its making them see this fact that's the hard part. We had a brief moment when the inter outfit night was working well with its own dedicated channel, but this has fallen by the way side of late.

What I can say is that the leaders the few there are that use comms are respectful and willing to help each other.

If we end up being merged lets hope there are no TR leaders who wanna shout everyone down because they know best because its not like that on Woodman :).
  3. Posse

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  4. MorganM

I played VS on Waterson up to BR 56... my sentiments exactly. It wasn't their guns or their vehicles ... it was the other players that were better. They were more organized, worked together, and flat out more skilled.

I'm trying to grind out BR 100 on my TR guy that I originally started.... but I truly want to go back to VS. It was just so much more FUN!
    • Up x 2
  5. Alexanor

/thread
    • Up x 1
  6. \m/SLAYER\m/

VS pros on Cobalt
  7. Gambitual

I know what NEET stands for, but I would like you to clarify that statement. You seem very biased.
    • Up x 1
  8. Llamar

It's because we are free to speak our mind. EAT IT!!
  9. Paragon Exile

GINYU FORCE RULES

That is all.
  10. Rift23

Most Emerald VS have figured out that one should support their faction as much as their outfit. IMO I think one of the reasons they do better is that most of their outfits will run public platoons and talk to each other. I played TR for a while and rarely saw public platoons led by anyone but AOD (the one thing you can't criticize them for).

On the other hand, when on VS I've run with near everybody from Nightmare to Vindicators. Some outfits' platoons are better than others, but the point is they're there. It's always better to herd the mass of casuals/noobs to objectives where they'll contribute than let them run all over the place getting farmed.

Pretty much my train of thought when I was picking my faction.

Evil Empire=Armchair Generals and Military Fiction fanboys who weren't in so much as a Boy Scout Troop IRL.

Designated Good Guys=Like the Night Elves from WoW, dozens of self-obsessed Hero special snowflakes.

Goofy Weirdoes=Nobody can take this faction seriously, hopefully meaning more effort spent on being competent.
  11. Bape

Well you have a VS who will obey orders
    Then we have NC who ignore orders

Of course the VS will win they aren't organized they just listen that is all.
    • Up x 1
  12. Frostiken

It's summer. School's out. The NC on Emerald has a massive overpop during work hours (0800 to 1500) and on weekday evenings.

Put 2 and 2 together.
  13. DQCraze

Is the video for real? That is hilarious. I'ld unistall the game and shoot myself in the head if i had to listen to that everyday.
    • Up x 2
  14. Serevn

It was a very light and obvious attempt at trolling, sorry if you took it personally. But you seem rather defensive. Its ok, nothing wrong with being a neet. I myself was once a neet years ago, between high school and college. For almost a year.
  15. Cyridius

I've been considering changing to VS for a while now, but there's too much TR blood in me.

Well, guess I'll have to continue doing what I've always been doing; Forget about fighting the VS and fight the NC for an even battle.

Being TR today just isn't as rewarding as it was way back when.
    • Up x 1
  16. Govedo13

There are only 2 national choices when faction is underpoped.
    To extinct and not log or deal with it get organized.
    I wish that Platoon leaders can see the other leaders position and have map overlay with all Platoons WPs. PL leading is so unrewarded it needs alot of changes.
  17. Jeslis

I read your entire msg.
    Unfortunately the entire thing was overshadowed by your sig, which caused me to forget everything you typed.
    Where can I get that internet connection?
  18. LibertyRevolution

The waterson command chat was just as bad until a few months ago when they finally got their act together.
    I would say that most of us on waterson NC had command chat muted for about a year...

Yes, the Orion is really that good.
    Welcome to the dark side, enjoy your stay.
  19. NC supporter

Thank God I'm in Connery NC.
  20. BiggggBRIM

As much as I'd like to agree with you, I can't. I've played my NC character at least once a week, every week for the last year and a half and its ALWAYS been bad year round. Did you listen to the video? The NC "adults" are just as bad as any squeaky pre-pubescent-voiced nerd raging on CoD as I've ever heard.