Is the cheating/aimbotting/etc really that bad?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Calmdown, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dciz2legit

I have seen a lot of teleporting recently.
    • Up x 1
  2. Frostiken

Pretty sure I saw one of the Iron Wolves with an ESP hack earlier this week.

One of my favorite moves when defending inside a building is to wedge myself against the wall geometry and 'stick' to a wall, typically above a doorway.

Then one of their guys just walks in aiming right at me and blows me away as he enters the doorway.

The ****.
  3. VanuSShooter

Phaseshift aka PhaseSH*T is the only legit long range sniper we got that has no bullet drop
  4. Kunavi

- I see at least about 2 potential cheaters every week. That's an average.
    - I see less potential cheaters after updates. On average again.
    - It gets worse on WEs, especially during Alerts. More so during 2XP WEs. This is always the case.
    - How PS2 works(Latency, compensation, over the top TTK) can easily camouflage cheats.
    - VERY low blatant cheating, but average discreet cheating.
    - Several problems that surface randomly such as the current state of Hit Detection further benefit cheaters.
    - Due to being F2P, PS2 is very inviting to cheaters.
    - According to some sources such as PC Gamer's somewhat recent article(And I have evidence enough to believe them in this), creating cheats for $ generally is a thriving business and is going well, constantly evolving.
    - My own experience, knowledge, skills and instincts(Check Stats, check when I started paying, Steam has logged over 1500Hrs and add that I've played many MP FPS in this manner) tell me that there is a FAIR CHANCE(Not fairly low chance) that if I'm suspecting a cheat(Read first line), it either is one or it's PS2 acting up, not a problem on my end but a problem with the platform.

I've made it a job to report people I am suspicious of, knowing that they will be fine if they did not cheat and that if I overdo it I will probably get some sort of official warning? I don't know. By reporting I have the feeling and hope that even if the other person is not a cheater, any possible technical issues will be brought to light for SOE to fix. When I get accused of cheating I usually tell others that they can go ahead and report me. I don't mind, if they saw something weird it's their prerogative to question it.

I don't care about Stats, theories, crap like that. Not even about official responses, especially on populations by the way ;) I'm just a happy KD farmer, annoyed by this or that, so I just bring it up. I suppose my answer to the OP's question would have to be...

Yes, people in cheat in PS2. Keep calm and report. In most cases it's not even worth talking to the people you are suspicious of, the usual answers range from "L2P" to "0.000025 Ping" to "Blame PS2" - Which is ironically partly right. It even gets me some other tactical Hoodoo answers like "My friend threw 5 Mines while my other friend HeadShotted your Engie friend while my other friend fired his Decimator on my planted C4 which I planted while dodging your Engie friend while another friend drove over with an ESF and kept you and your Walker turret busy, while BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH" Long story short, Sunderer INSTAGIB FROM NOWHERE, repeatedly, with nobody there. Not on my screen, not on my friend's screen, nothing.

But hey yeah believe what you want. Don't let me tell you what's going on! Also Xien is right, it's VERY easy to rig Stats both ways.
    • Up x 2
  5. JacDoom

Just seen multiple VS noclipping and instagibbing people when me and my squad mates, and a few pubs, were trying to defend a base from them. They also, according to squad mates, had an invincible Sundy and were one hitting MAXes. Most of them were the same outfit too.
  6. TRick Shot

I had a couple of suspicious deaths on Hossin recently, but cannot prove either. I had my back to the wall in a corner, line of sight on the two approaches to my position, I was one-shotted by an Engi I never saw. There was no upper floor or windows he could have used. I have my Shadowplay button primed and ready for anything I do see.

I also got taken out in my Mossi by an unguided NS Decimator when very high up and steaming into battle with afterburners on. He must have had to lead the shot by hundreds of meters with that projectile velocity. Very fishy. (or most epic dumb-fire rocket shot of all time!)

All in all I perceive very little cheating going on. Thankfully a cheater can't really sway the tide of a battle anyway in PS2, so they are just padding stats no one else cares about. The only time they have been rampant, I see both sides reporting it, and then they be gone. :)
  7. p10k56

Last Hossin patch is catastrophe. I lose much more engagement then week earlier and do not think my skills is dropping down:mad:
    Many players now shows crazy accuracy even on 30+m they have same ttk as me on 5 to 10m.
    Every day after patch is cumulating this effect of Haxing.
    Probably no spread and cof hack are back in action and with aimbot game is barely bearable now.
    Just log in and log out disgusted after half a hour of woodman martyrdom:(

SOE is loosing to third party programs again.
  8. Tyrant103

Only noticed 1 person hacking (he was using a VS max) and that was in 2013.
  9. ajma

Forum necromancers have been on a roll lately.
  10. Guildion

I never meet any cheaters (or it's like 1 time per month), there are bug exploiters sometimes but really this player community is responsible and doesn't exploit that much.
    Most of the time it's just InGame bugs or similar problems, I give you 2 exemples :

The typical Max (or soldier) which dies then is revived, but he doesn't stand on it's feet, he's lies on the ground like he's dead, so when you see him you don't shoot, but he shoots you and it hurts. It's worst when he's in the angle of a room, because his lying skin is in the wall so you can't see him... It's not a cheat, the Max isn't even aware he has this bug, he doesn't even exploit it...

Since Hossin patch recently, there are heavy problems of "desynchronization" between your character and the server (Or a heavy problem of that kind, I'm not an expert), it never happened to me since the last days, but after around 20 minutes of game my character is completely desynched, I kill the opponent but the opponent continue to shoot a few seconds before falling on the ground. And other players see me teleporting. Again it's some kind of bug SOE has the secret of.
  11. Zar

doing better then tr. the best one we got is the rams and it ******* sucks.
  12. current1y

Speaking as a person who's job IRL is technical support dealing with "support tickets" this mentality makes me cringe. If you really spam report that much most likely you aren't taken seriously anymore if your name is attached to them.
  13. iller

Why does this keep getting revived? It's so pointless when most people on BOTH sides of the argument don't even know how the hacks even work or what to look for as suspicious behavior.

Most of them got bored and went and played something else(mainly BF4). All that's left for the most part these days are the same type of people you would have seen in PS1 those 2+ years after its launch.... ie; fanboys and true believers in the great Auraxian Cluster ****. And they'll be here 2 more years or more because there's no other game out there that offers this much Cluster ****
  14. ViXeN

Its exaggerated badly on the forums. LOL There isn't hardly any real hacking going on at all in the actual game. :D
  15. Niamar

Right no hacking, just hard to detect cheats like esp, cof, recoil, aim bot that isn't all head shots. Some probably just run one or two of those and toggle them on when needed. Most use something, and few get caught.
  16. Xien

lel @ "real" hacking. The propagandists these days... SMH.
  17. Xien

And yes hackers can affect the outcome of a battle, especially if they're blowing up all the Sunderers.
    • Up x 1
  18. Jachim

It's an FPS game, there will be hackers. I find the 'skill level' of my opponents dramatically increases during the very early morning hours when the game is quieter, perhaps because they want to avoid GMs or whatevs, but it's negligible.
  19. Xien

Wee morning hours and during massive zergs or biolabs where they can just blend into the crowd.
  20. TwwIX

Anybody denying the presence of these cheats is either delusional or part of the problem.

I encounter at least one of these speed hacking no clippers/floaters during every alert on Connery and they're pretty ******* blatant about it. They clip in and out of the environment and blow up vehicles with no effort. Last week, i encountered two of these cheating ******** at Quartz Ridge, camping our armor column, forcing my entire platoon to change to continents in the end.

"Well, report them then!"
    What ******* good does reporting them do when they can simply create a new account and continue with their ********? All these ******** thrive on griefing other players and it's no different in this game. This being a free game makes it even more appealing to them. SOE needs to get off their ***** and invest some of that monetization money into a proper anti cheating measure.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.