Was that a Light Assult???

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterDk78, Jun 12, 2014.

1. MasterDk78

The super silent LA is an problem i think.
    When busting his jetpack it should make lauder sound. as for now you can barly hear anything.

The LA huge advantage should add some more disadvantage of risking using his jetpack
    • Up x 1
  2. Akashar

They did it and came back to normal soon after, it was just too loud. IMO it is fine, the sound can be heard if you're not in the heat of a battle, and if you are, you should be checking LA favorites ambush points. They don't need a nerf.
    • Up x 3
  3. MrNature72

[IMG]
    • Up x 11
  4. MasterDk78

its not a nerf.. unless you abuse it :)

i would actully like a sound.. and allso on the liberator.
  5. MasterDk78

and i bet a lot of peole would be happy to know whats comming towards them before it c4-late
  6. Problem Officer

Just a little louder, +20%.

If you could abuse it, it would get nerfed anyway.
  7. Dracorean

I can hear the light assault even when in a battle, its faint but there, however when in a vehicle, you cant even hear footsteps given how loud the engine seems to be.
  8. Gemenai

Should be louder.
    You walk and climb your way to a good sniping spot and BAM , a ****** fat *** with jetpack taped on it kills you.
    Call me selfish but it´s sometimes just more than annoying with these insectoid ***** flying around without having to
    do something for it.
    They are just too silent for the fact that they can get the drop on other classes that more easily.
  9. Radh

Jetpacks r not super silent, in small battles i hear LA jetpacks without problem.
    There was a time when jetpacks was louder but this doin a head pain (headache?-dont now english so good).
    Jetpacks r not "huge adventage", they r normal ability like any other class (HA shield, infil cloak) with positives and negatives effects.
    Louder jetpack will not prevent from been shooted by LA sitting on a tree.
  10. MasterDk78

the infiltrator you can hear, the heavy shiled glows like a candle in the night...
    • Up x 1
  11. FulgurInteritum

Definitely should be done since C4 i pretty much the #1 killer of all tanks, and it's an instant kill. In my opinion, 2 C4 should only put a tank in critical, then u have to shoot it with a launcher to finish it. this at least gives it time to react (boost away with mag rider, or activate shield with vanguard, etc).
    • Up x 2
  12. MasterDk78

tho what should the prowler do as its stuck in the ground? ::D
  13. TheKhopesh

I agree, if you can hear the class that is entirely built around stealth and subterfuge, a guy with a couple jet engines strapped on his back with enough lift to heft a +180 lb (+82 kg) guy with an additional ~25 lb (11 kg) worth of military hardware and body armor should be pretty obvious in comparison.

So this really begs the question:
    How f**kin' loud are those damn cloaks?!

Heck cloaking and decloaking should be a viable source of close range sonic damage if that's the case, because I can tell you this:
    If it's that loud compared to the whine of a duel jet engine backpack blasting out enough air to rapidly separate a +210 lb (95 kg) military troop, then the sound that cloak gives off would cause enough damage to the eardrums of those within 5m that they would instantly keel over (Either killed immediately, or at least heavily concussed with permanent hearing loss and massive internal AND external hemorrhaging from the ears.

Yeah yeah yeah, balance.
    Not real life.
    All that malarky.

Point is, if the class commonly known as "Cloaker" and "Infiltrator" is going to have to broadcast his approximate location above rapid gun fire, then so too should the class that can literally fly out of reach at any given moment on a whim.
    • Up x 2
  14. RubiksCubix

In my opinion, you should only be able to hear it better IN VEHICLES.
  15. MasterDk78

op :)
  16. Ravenorth

They used to be almost impossible to hear until devs made them more audible alongside with that super loud "BOOOM" sound, which got removed shortly after. Now they are just fine, I got no problem hearing them when they are flying on my proximity and making them anymore louder would be just overkill.