Noclip mode confirmed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SSRemly, Jun 30, 2014.

1. SSRemly

2. Leftconsin

Yeah... I saw this yesterday at a tech plant. I don't record, though.
  3. Regpuppy

Emerald or Connery? Emeralds been acting funky and I don't think it's on part of the players themselves.
  4. Jeslis

he was just crouching.. but graphically it looked like he halfway sunk in the ground?.. or something?
  5. Udnknome

... I guess I'm not seeing what you are seeing.

Are you referring to the guys body falling through the wall when you kill him? Thats normal. I didn't see anyone moving through walls in the entire video.
  6. KendoPS1

happens all the time on cobalt
  7. doombro

There's currently a glitch with walls/corners that causes you to clip into the floors.

If you try crouching near a wall, you won't be able to stand up but otherwise it will feel normal, but in third person you'll be clipping into the wall/floor.
  8. EGuardian1

Crux Mining - you can walk right though a wall outside. I'll see about getting some video of it.

It was really surprising when it happened to me the first time, then it became extra disorienting.
  9. \m/SLAYER\m/

i see a lot around, every spawn room there 1 or 2
  10. Iridar51

Ceres.
    1. Saw a guy that was killing people from under the textures. We couldn't see him, but it appeared that he couldn't really move from his position, so I'm willing to believe that he fell under textures unintentionally. Though he should've just redeployed instead of abusing the bug, so it is just that he got reported.

2. Fell under textures myself at least once, when spawned on a Sunderer deployed in a wonky position.

3. I was running down the ladder to the doorway. Suddenly, enemy soldier went through the doorway. I reacted by retreating back on the ladder. Enemy soldier pursued me and just went straight through the ladder for a brief moment, though it was enough time for him to kill me, while I couldn't shoot him myself.

At this point I'm not sure if this is a bug or an actual hack, but I'm angling towards bug.
  11. SSRemly

I recorded this on emerald but it happens on connery too
  12. doombro

Just going to bring more attention to this.

/shameless self advertising
  13. CWorth

I think it is just a bug or something. As was stated Emerald has been a major clusterf*** in terms of performance and laggy as hell since the patch and server merger to the point it is almost unplayable for me. Especially on Hossin...the other continents I don't notice it as much but on Hossin is just horrible.

But I saw this very thing a lot today playing on my Medic..so I dont think it is any kind of cheat/hack or anything of that nature.
  14. SSRemly

I never thought it was a cheat either. I see the clipping with friendlies in spawn rooms as well so I know its just a bug.
  15. Xien

He didn't kill the 2nd guy.

Really, the hack denialists are shameless these days.
  16. Aquintus

I've been killed over and over by people just come through walls into rooms...

You get shoot at, turn around jumo into a House, keep watching the door - something hits you - you turn around and the enemy just slips away through the wall, came back through it, kill you.

Or they just appear on highest towers (out of nothing) plant some C4s at Terminals and disapper, while you shoot at them with a Machinegun (whole round) and not hitting anything... (or they just shoot the terminal with a shotgun or something).
    And while you keep fireing at them, they just "blinking" - means shortly disapper for blinks of an eye and reappear...

Keeps happening over and over again on Woodland to me... I dont guess thats Bugs.
  17. Kunavi

Happened to me as well. It's not frequent but it's there, when I definitely KNOW and have checked that there is no way I can be flanked and yet a guy just pops in to say HI then pops out, Death Screen showing an impossible location considering what happened, where and how. So far I am leaning towards bad rendering problems(Because I too want to wear rose tinted glasses once in a while and because CLIENTSIDE).
    During my last gaming session I saw an NC HA simply APPEAR about 8M away and kill me and 2 others. None of us reacted, I know it took me a little while to register what just happened. The HA did not walk in, nor was he ANYWHERE before he just appeared. And obviously I wasn't the only one who saw this so it's not some kind of performance issue.
  18. Aquintus

Yes, seen funny things like that many times...

Best thing was a fight between two NC Trooper (Class unknown) and a TR Trooper (Light Soldier, as he had a Jetpack)...
    The NC's run around and shoots at him and shoot and shoot and he just "Teleported" around them, sometimes he was above them, sometimes behind or just in front of them... after 2min he just killed both and was vanished.

I watched this through my Scope and tried several (for me clean) shots myself without any hit.

For me it is understandable, there are Spys (play nearly 100% Spy myself) and with the Invisible Skill you can sometimes seems to be "popping" out of nowhere and kill someone... but here happen things... they are just impossible.
  19. libbmaster

Every night, at ether 7 o'clock, 8 o'clock, or 9 o'clock, (but always on the dot) my internet will suddenly have a minute or so spasm, that sometimes disconnects me from the server.

When this occurs, my ping jumps to 2000, my connection goes to "bad", in game VOIP becomes illegibly choppy, but most disturbing of all, all players and vehicles will begin moving in a straight line in the last direction they were moving before the spike.

They phaze through objects when they do this.

I've seen tanks just dive into hills.

In biolabs, hordes of troops will suddenly begin phasing through walls, all moving in different directions. The people who were shooting continue shooting, endlessly, in the same direction they were at the time of the spike.

Aircraft phase through roofs and each other, usually disappearing into the ground.

Infantry sprint endlessly off into the distance.

And then, after a few seconds, the game will try to catch up and all of the units on screen fly around with horrifying randomness and speed like they are caught in a tornado, phasing through walls, jumping across the base, and making the minimap into a terrifying blur of motion.

This takes about a second, and then the process repeats itself a few times until my internet stabilizes and everything returns to normal, or I am disconnected from the server.

So, yeah, that's what this reminds me of.

It's probably your ping.
  20. Canaris

you can add Miller to the list too, saw random NC coming through the walls into the point building yesterday bypassing the outer defence groups that there wasn't a way past.