Knife throw!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kevin, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Kevin

I want to throw my knife at an enemy. Right in his communist face!
    • Up x 3
  2. JKomm

Go play Call of Duty... no one cares about such a mechanic. As well, knives are not a one-hit kill in this game so if you throw yours at an enemy they will likely still kill you.
    • Up x 3
  3. Ravenorth

There´s been knife throwing in games long before Call of Duty even existed, however I do agree that such mechanic doesnt really fit in Planetside.
    • Up x 2
  4. Henry Pace

Just no...to many trolls already in the game, You know what lets just give them knives to throw at us through walls. The throwing knife mechanics would be hard and more buggy than the game already is.
    • Up x 1
  5. Dracorean

I really don't think throwing a knife at someone would kill anything in this game, let alone hurt someone, though something with a little more reach or a bit more power would be nice like a bayonet or a type of bladed weapon for the MAX units.
    • Up x 1
  6. Strottinglemon

Shields can deflect bullets, your knife would probably be repelled and hit you instead.
    • Up x 2
  7. CARunner

If throwing knives don't fit into the game then why not some ''Laser sharp Throwing Disks'' or something like that?
    I really want either throwing knives or throwing axes or something that would just make sense.
    logically soldiers are trained to throw and use Melee weapons so why not make a nice
    addition to the game?

I like the idea just some tweaks and make it fell more futuristic and there you go.
    • Up x 1
  8. RubiksCubix

This is what people said about crossbows.

And then they worked and became a favorite!

I say heck yes.
    • Up x 3
  9. MajiinBuu

So what happens if you through your knife? You wouldn't be able to melee than, would you?
    • Up x 1
  10. Kevin

Nope, you are all just sore at dying to too much. Scared of a knife.

I just find myself in situations, caught between reloads or out of ammo. One knife throw which would take skill to aim. Since it has arch and the projectile speed is about the same as a grenade. Its like a sticky grenade. Only does damage, say a commissioner round would do.

Don't be hating haters. It's a decent idea.
    • Up x 2
  11. Demigan

you already have a bow for similar effect. Bonus is that you don't lose your melee ability...
    • Up x 1
  12. DorianOmega

a throw able static damage item that would need to be precision thrown could be viable, give the VS a tron disc, TR a tomahawk, NC could get something like the wingstick from Id's Rage.

http://2.bp.************/_i_W7rXeFx8w/TS2YdzJMY3I/AAAAAAAAAog/iSloiOszIuc/s1600/tron+disc+attack-----+small.jpg
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  13. CARunner

You could either pick you knife back up by pressing E and you always have a non-throwable knife that is heavier and cant be thrown so melee.
  14. Kevin

Nope.... simple knife throw. its going to happen. Even if some of you don't like the idea. so suck it up *******.
  15. Flamberge

Underbarrell mounted ballistic knife.
    [IMG]
    Just kidding, while it would be cool, like others said, it really wouldn't fit into the PS2 gameplay spectrum.
  16. WarmasterRaptor

Throw-able knifes?

At first I was not to into the idea.

But then I thought this :

1) Got to cert into them.
    2) Replace grenades.
    3) Pay resources to replenish.
    4) Minimal distance to use, like under-barreled grenade launcher. You DO need to throw it. Not have a cheap double knife combo.
  17. WarmasterRaptor

It shouldn't hit as hard as a commissioner.
    You can't ask that.
    An arm doesn't have the throw strength to do that kind of damage!