What were your expectations of Hossin?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pikachu, Jun 27, 2014.

1. z1967

Are the trees that hard to weave between? I can usually fly underneath regular trees in my mossie but do the Hossin trees have random branches and stuff sticking out of them?
  2. Pathogenic

Swamps and trees, but fewer steep hills. The funniest thing I noticed was that climbing in general was *much* harder even on surfaces that looked like I would be able to climb them with non-LAs on other continents. I'd kill for a no tracer barrel attachment for Hossin.

Sniping lanes are harder to find, but oh my goodness. When you do get one, it's lovely. Or painful when the enemy is holding it.

Air was definitely coming in closer, but the limited views and their generally being infantry around means that I felt I would have to focus too much to fight the air. Cover was plentiful enough that I just avoided them since I was lonewolfing, but I also can't see anything but dumbfires and AP rounds being good AA on Hossin. The bigger troop movements did seem to have issues. Expected, mostly.

Performance wasn't as good as the others, but figured that as well. Had to take render distance down (My viewwww D:) and drop some other things. I didn't have issues with IRNV.
  3. Cinnamon

From looking on test server before release I was concerned about lack of finishing work on bases and how open some were to air and camping vehicles. Before that I was more concerned about poor visibility and low framerate making for bad gameplay.

I can't really say what in general my exceptions were other than a new planetside 2 map with new base designs.
  4. Longasc

Unfortunately it has water.

Large bodies of water instantly kill people in Planetside 2. I thought I could walk through that puddle -> DEAD.
  5. \m/SLAYER\m/

i thought it will be more infantry battles, but bloody aircraft everywhere
  6. SuperMedicated

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  7. Pikachu

8. volth

Deadly flora should have been fun to have in Hossin. Red dust poison, thorn lose health, quicksand slow down vehicles, growing plants so you can climb walls and trees.
  9. Tuco

Well Hossin would be my favorite, with the bases all closer together and stuff, if I could actually spawn at adjacent bases.
  10. Tuco

And big droid eating monsters.
  11. Tuco

Is that your Metropolis you made with the new Sim City game?
  12. DrPapaPenguin

I expected less fog and more bugs. The latter pleasently surprised me enough to deal with the former.
  13. FieldMarshall

I didnt have any expectations other than i thought i would get horrible frames there judging from what i read on the forum.
    Im guessing SOE runs data gathering stuff in the backround on their test server or somthing, because what went live wasent bad at all.

I only had Hossin from PS1 to compare, and i didnt think it was going to be similar (judging from how Amerish and Esamir turned out) other than the fog. I expected fog.
    I got fog, and it was pretty bad for Infil cheese long range stuff. Turning the settings to low removed fog.
  14. Bl4ckVoid

I thought that the fog would limit snipers, but instead it helps them. However, the fog is just a visual effect it does not really affect visibility at engagement ranges.
  15. Robertooooo

I expected fun infantry focused combat. But instead im getting farmed by proton PPA harassers and ESF's.
    Lockons is utterly useless on hossin because the missiles just fly straight into the closest tree 9/10 times so it's really nothing I can do about the farmers either.