When will the in-game video recorder be working again?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by BiggggBRIM, Jun 27, 2014.

1. BiggggBRIM

I'm under the impression that the in-game recorder has been non-functional since the beginning of April. Last week I tried to record some gameplay footage and all it recorded was the sound, but no video. When will this be fixed?
    • Up x 2
  2. Plunutsud pls

Yeah it's been broken for months, they should just remove it then like PhysX.
  3. TRick Shot

I have a sneaking suspicion that with the advent of Shadplay and other third party options being just more configurable, it's a dead feature. Can't blame them for not prioritising it. I seem to remember the files it created were very strange. Anything over 1GB in size could not be played by the mighty VLC player. It would ONLY play in Windows Media.

What you running Brim?
  4. BiggggBRIM

4770k with a gtx 780
  5. HyperMatrix

If you have an Nvidia card...absolutely nothing in the market beats Shadowplay. Almost 0 performance hit, while recording at full resolution and 60fps (1080p) or 30fps (1440p/1600p). It's absolutely amazing.
  6. BiggggBRIM

I'd LOVE to use shadowplay...except everytime I flip the switch to turn it on, it completely destroys my computer. Screen goes black, can't reboot other than unplugging the system, have to do a full system restore. I've checked the forums but found no solution.
  7. BiggggBRIM

I got inspired last night to keep trying to make shadowplay work, and I finally succeeded. You're right, records absolutely great.
  8. ColonelFang

i have this problem and trying to figure out how to fix it
  9. fumz

don't turn shadowplay off; there's no point. that it's always on is the best part about it.