an upgrade to my gtx 570

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by terranhawk, Jun 27, 2014.

1. terranhawk

i want a graphic card for around 450 euros any recomendations? also would i be able to run the game with true ultra settings with a card of that price? with good fps of course
    i only play this game
  2. Undyingghost89

What's the rest of your system? I cant recommend a GPU just like that...
  3. terranhawk

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

16384MB RAM
  4. TRick Shot

For that ball-park consider an EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked perhaps.

Also, what is your current PSU wattage? I remember my GTX570 being more power hungry than my current GTX670 but you need to check all the same.
  5. terranhawk

800w thx for the advice
  6. Plunutsud pls

Get a 780 if you can afford it, or get a 4GB vram version of a 770.

Make sure the model you get has an aftermarket cooler installed, the default ones are always crap.
  7. Undyingghost89

I got R9 280X not long ago, pushing 50fps+ in prime time fights, i'm amazed by it. 300$ so i recommended it.
  8. BlackDove

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...e-can-i-run-it-upgrade-advice-threads.170564/

Read that, especially the update on page 2.

Your 570 is fine for now. DO NOT waste money on a 700 series or AMD GPU. The 880 will be out soon and it will be significantly more powerful than a 780ti or 290x and the 860 will likeky be as powerful as a 780 or 290x while using half the power.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ttings-for-ps2-as-well-as-other-games.171010/

Set your stuff up like that and you can probably run it on partially ultra might need particles and effects turned down.
  9. SuperMedicated

If you want to go NVIDIA, get a Geforce GTX 780 Superclocked or any other you feel like has good cooling/clock by EVGA (they're the best out there for nvidia) remember that reference designs reach high temps if not set to fan 100%, my superclocked OC'ed gtx 780 goes to 62c at max fan speed during planetside 2 gameplay, still reference GPUs are good for SLI as they don't blow hot air into each other's back and i am planning to upgrade to SLI later