Hossin update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by D3amonEngineer, Jun 26, 2014.

1. D3amonEngineer

[IMG]

What I think is for today's update the hossin files would not be very large, some of you might thinking that you may have to download another 5-6 gb or something.The things I see from the picture is that live server has 13.7gb file size and only contain 3 continent, while on test server with 4 continent (includes Hossin) only has 12.8 gb of file size and it's 1gb less on test server even it has hossin continent on it. I think we might only receive around 1-2 gb of updates for Continent Locking, Outfit Base Capture, Outfit Decals and Outfit Recruiting and some base updates for hossin

I think with some previous game update devs must have also include hossin bases update (sneaky) to live server to stay up to date with test server. Well I'm not really sure but if I'm wrong please do correct me, I just did predict from seeing those file sizes
  2. doombro

It's going to be a 1.5GB download, at the very least. And that was just from the updated hossin on the test server. Adding the whole continent at once will no doubt be even bigger.
  3. D3amonEngineer

Yup but they wont be adding whole continent because whole hossin continent files are already in live server files they will just update them with some latest base, for example on twitter the level design post they just finished warpgates revamp for hossin so this file will include in today's and some few other base.
  4. doombro

I'm pretty sure that's not true.

We'll find out in a couple hours though.
  5. FieldMarshall

I like how this could be true, but will still cause a 6-8 hour downtime.
    "Because why not" -SOE
    • Up x 1
  6. MaxCorr

damn 1.5 gb thats another 2 min download ^^
    • Up x 1
  7. D3amonEngineer

So yeah adding whole continent would have been more then 2GB but the update is only 1.5GB it means the hossin files where in live server too but it was not active also with some outdated base and in this update it just update bases and activated the continent ;)
  8. PlatoonLeaderG

When is the update and where i can find the patch notes?
  9. Jester7x

hossin...

[IMG]
  10. Ronin Oni

was only 2 hours. :cool:
  11. Ronin Oni

Update was literally already completed by the time you made this post.
  12. FieldMarshall

Nice. I stand corrected. :eek: