SS meant nothing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kaktwox, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Kaktwox

So after many players took (wasted) time out of their lives to participate in the Server Smash, it turns out that the "server reps" had already decided in secret amongst themselves that despite the outcome of the match that they would agree to name the server something neutral. This is a complete farce and insulting to both those who participated in the event and those who wasted time watching what turned out to be just another pointless PS2 match.
  2. Undeadfred

#MathErrorSon
    • Up x 6
  3. Paragon Exile

QQ

Nobody cares
    • Up x 2
  4. PKfire

If you call that glorious spectacle of large scale combat a waste of time, you should quit Planetside.

Somebody lock this thread.
    • Up x 8
  5. Casterbridge

If there was a way to thumb's down the OP I would.

The match itself was great.
    • Up x 5
  6. Kaktwox

Really? Tell everyone in advance that this big event that was hyped for 2 weeks actually doesn't mean anything and see how many people tune in to watch it? The fighting wasn't anything new, it was the reason for the fight that made it interesting. A reason that everyone was lied to about.
  7. TheShrapnelKing

Even if that were true, the SS did do one thing: it proved who was better. Or rather, it proved neither were better.
    • Up x 6
  8. Maer

I was asleep, or Waterson would have annihilated those Mattherson kids. True story. My bad.
  9. doombro

It proved to both servers that we are the best.

We can now go into the merge without any hard feelings. The name didn't matter to begin with.
    • Up x 3
  10. Regpuppy

Now we can begin the East vs West rivalry with Connery.
  11. Undeadfred

Suddenly said everyone on Waterson after they lost.
  12. Paragon Exile

I'm a diehard Matthersonian who has burned all the various taunts into their brain. I think Mattherson was the best server.

To reiterate;

Waterson has shown itself to be our equal.

#rekt
    • Up x 1
  13. Latrodectus

Is that why they had to get carried by a Mattherson air outfit?
  14. Shanther

If your not Emerald you don't Meld (son).
  15. Paragon Exile

QRY? What about PREY?
  16. doombro

I wouldn't consider winning for 2 hours straight, getting and maintaining for a lengthy period of time a 22% lead in territory control (because I'm sure as hell not going to work with that convoluted point system) a loss. We got to collect countless mattherson tears throughout the match. Only during the later periods of overtime were we on the receiving end.

Whatever the case, the only thing I personally wanted out of that match was to shut down Mattherson's egotistic trash talk. And that, we accomplished. We both won as far as I'm concerned.