[FEATURE] Player Bounties

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lunayce, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Lunayce

It would really be fun to have player bounties in this game, where you can put a price on a player's head, paying the bounty with certs you've earned. As many stats as are tracked, I think it would be easy to implement. So if an enemy player is getting on your nerves, you can post a bounty that will be collected by the next player that kills him/her. It should also have a "Repeat x times" feature. For example, if you want your faction to camp him, put up like 200 certs and pay out 10 certs per kill for the next 20 ppl to kill him.

The certs would be paid by you when the bounty is posted, deducted from your character and put into escrow on the server to circumvent abuse. Then paid by the server to the collector.
  2. NinjaTurtle

I can see that being just used as a way to troll and harass certain players unfortunately. It is a great idea but I don't trust this community not to abuse it

Maybe I'm not giving this community enough credit :p
  3. Lunayce

Trolling is the point of it. But in a productive way.
  4. BuzzStar

You make a good point however an easy solution would remedy this problem. Each player would have to have 2 deaths by the same player who killed them before a bounty could be placed on their head. In addition to that I think a cool down timer (12min) would be necessary after say 10 bounties placed.
  5. Mekeji

I guess the idea would be to target heads of outfits and keep them out of the battle and annoy them.

However I see it just being used as a way to troll people. However I like it just because it would give something to do during a back and forth between two territories.
  6. FaLI3N

I swear this is already a thing sometimes. When you kill a few too many and then all of a sudden you have all of auraxis after you.
  7. Taemien

The point is, it is a trolling tool.

But to be honest.. I don't see how it would work. For example lets say a couple of outfits got ticked off at me and had about 30 members each put a 1000 cert bounty on me. Thats 30,000 certs to the person who gets a kill on me. Thats pretty damn high incentive for someone on the other factions to come for me.

But how would they find me? Someone could spend 2-3 hours looking over the continents trying to find me before I randomly get killed by a new BR4 or something (holy crap... merry christmas lol). And for repeated kills.. still.. I mean.. how would people know where to look?

All it would be is a way to trade certs really. It wouldn't be easy to pursue such a bounty in how this game is set up. Its a great idea on paper. But in reality it wouldn't have the results people are looking for. I personally think its a bit of a waste of time.

HOWEVER. If an outfit were able to pool certs together and place a reward on a base capture. That would incentivize the zerg to go in and take that base. That would be a great idea. Would be sort of like hiring zerglings as mercenaries.
    • Up x 2
  8. Lunayce

Think about it this way... when you have as many hours in the game as I do, you recognize certain players as dangerous. Those two or three guys who can change the tide of a whole battle. If you put a bounty on them, then less experienced players, who might not otherwise know better, might also target them and soak up their vehicle / max resources.

I know that most of the players who read this can think of two or three guys like that off the top of their head. I know I can on Mattherson.
  9. ColonelChingles

So long as we can put bounties on people on our own faction.

Because someone well-known on Forumside for being the most incoherent NC "commander" on Mattherson (not Wisdomcube, you get another chance to guess) just ran me over in a Vanguard.

While I was in a Lightning. :mad:

I would soooo put a bounty on his butt... more so if you could prove that you blew up that darned Vanguard too!
  10. NinjaTurtle

This would actually be pretty cool +1
  11. Booface

There'd have to be at least a few limitations to prevent abuse, but yeah I'd love a feature like this. For example: maybe you are limited to placing bounties on players who are on killstreaks--you can't just put a bounty on anyone at any time.
  12. BuzzStar

Perhaps also adding a new implant to let the targeted bounty know he was being tracked would help level the "trolling". Its assumed of course that a skilled player who's harassing a player or players could handle a few more players gunning for him because of a bounty. Adding a death counter and cool down would also really help limit how much "trolling" goes on.
    • Up x 1
  13. Lunayce

Being on the bounty board would be a status symbol for them too, I would think.
  14. Lunayce

Could also add an implant that would highlight players who have bounties on them with brighter doritos over their head. The higher the bounty, the brighter the dorito.
  15. Ryouhki

Only if those "bounty targets" gets some benefits during that time.
    Because I've got some hit squads after me while playing infil or skyguard,,,
  16. Pathogenic

I would cap the payout per death and the number of times any one player/account can claim the bounty on that person. Otherwise, you get the old EVE situation (I think they did some changes to their bounty system since I stopped playing) wherein a person will just let themselves get killed by a friend if they really want to get rid of the bounty. It also is more "realistic" to put bounties on someone for multiple deaths, given how little death means on Auraxis. I'd say like a 25 cert max, 1 claim per hour reward system.

A way to track people would also be necessary, but it also has to not completely **** them. Knowing if they're in game and current continent maybe for basic info available to everyone, but maybe then an implant that lets you mark a target and get a warning whenever the target is spotted by your faction. This means that a target being sneaky will not be automagically revealed. It could probably be worked into a nonimplant system, but the basic idea of working alongside spotting and your faction are key.

There's also no reason to limit who can place a bounty and why. Certs are a limited resource (for the 99%). If someone feels the need to drop 1000 certs on a bounty for someone because they yelled something stupid, why stop them? If someone starts playing solely to bounty OP for making the idea, then that's their right. I'd feel honored, personally :D

I also like the idea of being able to place base bounties, but it'd have to be something different. 50 certs to give anyone who attacks/defends that base a 5% exp boost or something like that, stacking and scaling accounted for in the final version.
  17. Adinatore

The system of the future:

Objective: kill DrMoneyPants
    Reward: Money in your pants, Dr. (insert ludicrous amount of certs here)
  18. GhostAvatar

Question is, how would a person find the player to be able to get the kill (especially in a mass zerg with many others around).
  19. EGuardian1

New mission system - The targeted player would have a giant circle around them to show the closest twelve hexes to him - randomized of course so it's not just going to the center of that circle. All a player who accepts a bounty knows is that the target is there.

200 Certs is too much 10 Certs is doable since it can then be used repeatedly and often, and it's a nice bonus to the new ppl who show up and see the system and go "Hey I think I can do this." and if they do, woohoo!

Each player can be bountied say 3-4 times a day. It'd be a hilarious way for BR100s to actual unite the new people for their own trolling purposes, but also give the younglings an incentive to get better.
  20. TopVanuTroll

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that in any community there will be bad apples who like ruining peoples' gaming experience.