The '1 reason why tanks get a turret stabilization - right now

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zagareth, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Zagareth

It's too obvious! PS4 is coming and no one with a gamepad would ever hit anything smaller than a biodome while driving in a tank. I mean it's even hard to compensate that shaking with a mouse, but with a gamepad, it must be awful and painful,

So all those PS4 gamepad sissies and wimps :D get a non-shaking turret stabilization, so they can finally compete with the hardcore skilled PS2 keyboard/mouse elite, who have to tone down their hard gained tank aiming skillz, that make them feel like driving in a park now. (for all those who take that serious... here is a hint: ;))

However, finally I can snipe down all these poor soldiers 300m away, while driving with my AP Lightning with 85km/h through the Indar rock fields w/o the need to stop - right in their face!
    • Up x 2
  2. Admiralty

What? PC players won't be playing with PS4 players.
  3. Prudentia

I could snipe Infantry from 300m away with my AP Lightning before with 85km/h regardless of Terrain... all you had to do was to use the roadbumps to guide your crosshair over the target.
    and i received lots of hackusations for sniping LAs midair while speeding past them.

Turret stabilization just makes it easier.
  4. MostlyClueless

It was kind of stupid tanks didn't have it. I'm just surprised it took this long.
    • Up x 11
  5. Copperhead

While true, SOE want to keep parity between the two versions, meaning they don't want to have two different games to balance. I'm siding with the OP on this and may well be the reason for lack of buffs to the mag. I could imagine it being rather difficult to hit one playing with a gamepad.
    • Up x 2
  6. Admiralty

I know what you mean, but from the OP I feel like he thinks PS2 will be cross-platform. His/her post is so confusing.
  7. Zagareth

I guess your way of "sniping them" is rolling them into the ground by driving over them :D... However, only a dead NC/TR is a good NC/TR, so Im not complaing about your way to "improve" them ;)
  8. Copperhead

Yeah, I really only read the first paragraph. Should've read the rest :(
    • Up x 1
  9. Vixxing

Its to remove the one tiny little advantage Magrider had... now Prowlers and Vannies can shoot in all directions while facing their frontarmors towards the biggest threats, and switch target in a heartbeat... Fire OVER cover with better turretelevation, better projectilespeed, higher damage and less drop! Goes very well with Lib armor nerf!
    Fun times to be a Vanu...
    • Up x 2
  10. Kunavi

LOL Vixxing... :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  11. LIKE A BOSS!

Have you SEEN the current vanguard on the PTS right now? They can currently chase down a magrider while driving BACKWARDS and still make all of there shots with stabilization. And both vanguards and prowlers can strafe better than a magrider.
  12. Goretzu

He could be onto something, the code between the "PC" and the "PS4 Console" (actually just a PC in a bad disguise) version will be as similar as they can make it, I'm sure, and the balance will be too (for basically the same reason - no point in doing twice the work if you don't have to do so).

I assumed the first we'd see of this would be in the Air game (flying controls and such), but it I suppose it could be seen in the ground game /tinfoil
  13. LodeTria

I don't really care about the cross-platform stuff since it won't be shared, but the "it was made for consoles to have a easier time" seems plausible, as the reviews we had described tank aiming & combat as a bit janky. It seems reasonable that we only got these new turrets because of the PS4 version.
  14. Tommyp2006

Why would you chase a target with your rear armor toward them? I think you mean to say you can run away with your front armor toward them while firing. Its like having the reverse maneuver for tanks.
  15. Sixstring

LOL why does everybody think a controller is so bad for this game here's my big secret I use a gamepad and always have. I've even thought about creating a character named PwndbyPS4 or PS4Powah or Ganked by a gamepad(I didn't always use a PS4 controller before it was released). I wish we had something on the deathscreen that would let people know I was using one cause I think people would be surprised and probably a little disappointed. Yeah gamepads are not optimized for this game because it was built to be a PC game,but being good with a gamepad takes practice just like I had to practice to get good with a mouse
  16. LIKE A BOSS!

Something's call for desperate measures ;)
  17. Vixxing

Meanwhile: VS can turn rear armor towards enemy and flee at slightly increased speed for a short while and not beeing able to fire! Yay! Go magburner! Go Magrider!
    • Up x 4
  18. Goden

and then the Creative Director makes tweets about how the VS get nothing because they're a bunch of whiners.

Just more reminders of why I don't actually play this game very much these days.
    • Up x 1
  19. xboxerdude

VS are whiners , cry more about your op **** getting nerfed.
  20. Udnknome

As far as I can tell, this change only normalizes the skill gap between shooting in 3rd person and shooting in 1st person. People used to shoot in 3rd person to avoid the bouncing, now it should matter less.