[PSA] ES Pistols are up!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by doombro, Jun 16, 2014.

1. NinjaTurtle

Don't be silly, it will probably end up with needing to be charged before it can burst fire. You mark my words, SOE love trolling VS
    • Up x 1
  2. Koldorn

All I want is a Vanu sidearm that doesn't suck.
    Anything to contend with the Commissioner.

But that is apparently to much to hope for.
    • Up x 4
  3. -Synapse-

The NC one looks the most finished, the other two look like very early iterations. I'll wait for them to actually finish making the weapons before getting all up in arms about it.
  4. ISKNausicaa

Odd to say the least i tried to OHK with it several times at point blank to the head, every time it required 2 hits to kill, 4 if they were all body shots
  5. Regpuppy

It's not suppose to oneshot, even if all pellets hit the head. It has the 2x headshot multiplier, for some reason. Otherwise headshot damage would be 900, max.

[IMG]
  6. OddChelsea

The 2x multiplier is the only thing keeping it somewhat good atm. Without the ability to one shot to the head at point blank you are literally using half of your mag AT LEAST for one kill. If they have nanoweave or pop shield then you are probably out of luck. The gun has no range to speak of and only 4 rounds while boasting a pump action RoF. It needs to be as deadly with point blank headshots as it is.
    • Up x 2
  7. Regpuppy

You're arguing with the wrong person. I'm just stating that it's likely a bug because there's no precedent for shotguns having 2x modifiers for headshots.

In my opinion though, fixing this gun would be as easy as bring the refire time down to reasonable levels. Because if the headshot multiplier IS a bug, then the refire timer is too harsh.
    • Up x 1
  8. OddChelsea

I'm not arguing with you, I'm using what you said to make a point against changing it even if it is a bug.
  9. ShumaKun

People seems to judge weapons only by stats and few shoots in VR. On my main char Im near auraxium medal with Cerberus and I think its best VS pistol, but people don't even try using it.
  10. Kanil

The shotgun seems a bit underwhelming, but acceptable. It has a quick reload, which is nice, but offset by the very small magazine. It's the most accurate shotgun while jumping, which means LAs might find it interesting when tree camping. It can be used to quickknife, and can be silenced, but you lose damage doing that. I'd compare it to the Crossbow -- basically worse than a Commissioner, but has a few niche situations where it works okay. Adding two rounds to the magazine would make it less bad.

TR one I didn't look at extensively, but it definitely needs a better iron sight. It seems workable enough that it can fill the role of full auto pistol? Current suppressor positioning makes the NS-7 seem logical in comparison, but they'll obviously fix that...

VS one is just unfinished, so it's hard to have an opinion.
  11. Kriegson

I would love the Mag-scat if it functioned like a old double barrel: Very quick rof but only 2 shots with decent spread and CoF. It would at least have a decent niche of popping around corners or quickly blasting someone with a lot of damage (and a slow reload).

But instead we currently have a very underwhelming sub-standard semi shotgun that is currently OVERperforming its projected stats!
    • Up x 1
  12. NevarxTR

My opinions:

Mag-Scat:
    Kinda underpowered and very weak. A Shotgun pistol would be pretty OP but it's still weak. Could use a buff.

T4-AMP
    Finally, a fully auto pistol! I love this gun not overpowered but not underpowered that nobody will use it. I would only recommend a different model and at least 4 more bullets in the magazine.

Beamer Storm
    If this gun ends up being a 2x burst with 167 damage then it'll be too OP. I think this is the pistol the VS needs even though the burst isn't working. I hope the change the name, it sounds terrible.

Overall I have to say the T4-AMP is my favorite and will pick it up for sure.
    • Up x 1
  13. ApolloMCProductions

Suggestion for VS pistol:

Fire Mode 1: Charge up rail gun (sorta like the phaseshift)
    Fire Mode 2: Mini-Lancer
    Fire Mode 3: Shotgun/Press it and everyone within 100m dies; tanks blow up (just kidding)
  14. Sandpants

I HOPE THEY GO EASY ON THE TEXTURES

They matt grey on the NC and TR repeater is kinda sexy.
  15. TheKhopesh

It is supposed to OHK on a headshot.
    That's the whole point.

It has zero purpose to exist without that defining feature.
    (And it's the only gun that can do so while maintaining balance, as all the other pistols can accurately hit the head from a decent distance, rather than having to be 5m or closer.)
  16. Regpuppy

I'm not arguing that it's the way it SHOULD be, just the way I "think" they intended. Because there's neither a precedent nor a clear indication it should. There's also proof that the guns aren't entirely finished.
  17. Foxirus

I use the cerberus myself. I love it.
  18. Foxirus

And yes, Last I read, SOE is trying to steer away from one shot weapons. That much power should not be in the hands of an infiltrator as a side arm. 2 shots for the head, 3 for the body.
  19. TheKhopesh

I agree, I actually like the Cerb better than the Rebel.

That extra fire rate is usually what gets you out of a jam (Especially if you're dueling someeone as stalker cloakers!), as NC using the Rebel versus VS with the Cerberus usually comes out with the VS on top.

Don't get me wrong, the damage at range is a decent feature, but being a sidearm, and that sidearms are almost exclusively used as a secondary finisher weapon, the better stat to have for the most part is the added speed at which you can kick out that extra round. (And at 250 damage, even a single round is nothing to scoff at!)

Don't get me wrong, I think they both could use an extra 20-25 RPM, but all in all, I like the Cerberus' performance of the two.
    (Not to mention that sexy, sexy breach-loading action!)
  20. FSGanymedes

The AMP looks horrible, it should look kinda like an uzi or a Skorpion. Also, at least 25 rounds in the mag. It's a machine pistol.