The NC scat-mag is not OP. It's not even really good.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kriegson, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Kriegson

Recorded this a few hours ago when the S**t hit the fan about the new pistols, though granted people do seem to be taking a more measured gauge of them now.

Frankly though I would really love something more like a double barrel break action shotgun with two shells, 5x100. They fire faster than semi, but slower than full auto, with a slow reload but a good choke on par with the jackhammer.
    • Up x 31
  2. Scr1nRusher

agreed.

the commissioner is better & more consistent.
    • Up x 9
  3. Necron

It will still be OP to the TR and VS because the NC can't have anything that is NOT useless. I don't think it is OP at all, but NC are supposed to be easy-kill faction. They can't put anything that might make NC harder to farm.

Oh, and you CANNOT bring logic into this argument; FORUMSIDE will not allow that.
    • Up x 14
  4. TorigomaSET

This
    • Up x 1
  5. Maljas23

100% agreed.
  6. gigastar

Make it so it cant be used with Stalker Cloak and i will stop caring.

Deal?
    • Up x 1
  7. Pathogenic

I thought the headshot multiplier on the scatmag was bugged anyway, so it won't OHK once it gets switched to the 1.5x multiplier?
  8. Kaktwox

They took shotguns away from infiltrators because it was completely unbalanced. Now they are giving shotguns to only NC infiltrators, this would be by SOE's own admissions unbalanced. But of course that doesn't matter since it favors the NC.
    • Up x 2
  9. Kriegson

What does it matter? Other weapons have the same kind of lethality but with MORE range and versatility than this rather underwhelming sub-par shotgun. It just seems more intimidating because it's a shotgun and you can't have it. Rest assured, It's mediocre at best.

ANY shotgun in the game is better than the mag-scat. Pick one, anyone. Any shotgun at all, it is better. You're clinging to a word "shotgun" like it has any relevance as compared to this video showing how it actually performs.
    • Up x 4
  10. TorigomaSET

Then same with the AMP and Storm. If NC can't have a Stalker Shotgun, why should TR and VS have a Stalker PDW and Stalker Phaseshift?
    • Up x 1
  11. Epic High Five

Okay but will you give the same treatment to all other OHKO on infiltrator weapons? No more crossbows or Commissioners with the Stalker cloak?

It is, we just need to keep hammering this home and repeating it because it's the #1 thing people keep coming back to when whining about the Scattermag because they're doing their best to ignore it. Otherwise, I mean, they have no argument
    • Up x 3
  12. TorigomaSET

Ya, of course it's unbalanced, The Mag-Scatter sucks. You can't call it balanced when the AMP has a faster TTK up close than the Shotgun.
    • Up x 4
  13. Kriegson

They have no argument, but they still scream "THEY HAVE A SHOTGUN!" like it has some kind of point.
    • Up x 5
  14. task_master

they're giving NC a pump shotgun, with the accuracy of the auto, less damage than the semi, and less ammo than everything

meanwhile the repeater still competes with primary weapons
    • Up x 4
  15. gigastar

No seriously, my one and only concern in this is that its giving a shotgun to an infiltrator.

I also want the same for TR and thier shiny new pocket SMG despite its monsterous hipfire recoil. And id be more than happy to pay for this by locking out whatever the Beamer S is supposed to be as well.

I dont care for shotguns otherwise, since the Skillhawk will still rip me up equally as well as a Jackhammer if i let either of them get close enough.
  16. TorigomaSET

That's the thing. What the heck DOES IT MATTER THAT IT IS A SHOTGUN, When it does not effect anything. Its far less effective than some of the Other weapons, but people are trying to say that it is OP simply by being a Shotgun. Which this Vid has already disproved.

Heck, even the T4 AMP has faster TTK than the Scatter in everything but point blank range. Why the heck arn't people complaining about the fact that TR Stalkers have mini Uzis?
    • Up x 2
  17. gigastar

Deal.

But then what would i use to creep up on cowardly Mustarde wannabes and give them a taste of thier own medicine?
  18. gigastar

No, it matters that it is a shotgun than an infiltrator can use.

Shotguns were removed from infiltrators in beta for a very good reason. I dont care if this one is objectively worse, an infil should not have access to a shotgun.
    • Up x 1
  19. minhalexus

If magscatter is going to be taken away and replaced by something else, I would also want the Canister to be replaced with something else while SOE's at it.

If Magscatter = wayyyy tooo OP
    Then Canister = wayyy too UP
  20. Epic High Five

They wouldn't have access to that medicine bag anymore, either

Release/beta shotguns were removed from the game and haven't been seen since GU03. I don't know what you're using but it's not one of those monsters
    • Up x 8