[Graph] Planetside's population relative to August 2013

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chipay, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Scr1nRusher

i didn't say I hate tanks, I said I hate HE tank rounds, because they have been nothing but bad for the game.

I'm concerned that you thought HE Tanks = all tanks.

0_o
    • Up x 1
  2. Pikachu

It's only a minority of players that use HE. Most use AP ever since the tank armor buff.
  3. Scr1nRusher

The tank armor buff was against rockets, not tank rounds.
  4. PKfire

Doesnt change the fact that HE is hardly used in comparison

Also, why do you edit out posters names in all your quotes? Makes it hard to find context to what you're saying at times. Though its usually about removing HE from the game.
  5. Scr1nRusher

I don't edit them out 0_o.
    I just copy paste/quote the persons sentences.... honestly the system on these forums is odd.
    Yet to be fair..... the game would have been alot better off with out HE being in the game, and definitely would be going forward.
  6. WTSherman

The little blue "reply" in the lower-right corner of the post will auto-generate a quote that contains the person's name, and a little up arrow that links back to the original post. It will also generally notify the person that they have been quoted.

Now you know, and
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  7. JibbaJabba

What I would really like to see:

Overlay the number of new character creations.

The questions to answer:
    Are existing players staying?
    Are new players joining?
    Are new players staying?
    • Up x 3
  8. Luighseach

The sad thing though is that Implants were actually done pretty well. Even though it was not what I or the majority probably wanted they were done quite well. I haven't been in a 1v1 or other fight that made me blame implants for my death. I don't even use implants but when I do I find them to be more QoL instead of amazing OP items that you have to unlock.
    • Up x 3
  9. xboxerdude

Hey Sherman the reply button doesn't work for me stopped working a few months ago, so your not always correct
  10. FillyFluttershy

It has a lot less to do with your raw firepower potential, and more the difficulty of escaping or countering it. You can see and bombard virtually anything, sometimes beyond the range of even lock on AA launchers. Especially since SOE dumbed them down to where they just fly on a direct path to the aircraft and make no attempt to circumvent any obstacle. Half my air lock-ons mash into railings, trees, pillars, buildings, etc or the aircraft just dives in altitude and the rocket harmlessly crashes into the slightest hill since it's too stupid to give itself any extra altitude at launch.

This is what I'm talking about. "Late night medium battles." Imagine you have a small attack of 8-16 players versus an approximately equal force of defenders. Now, have a Liberator or two show up for the defenders. (Or possibly just an interfering 3rd faction farmer who loves him some Sundy) Good luck maintaining your push against even below average skill defenders while probably no less than 4 and honestly, more like 6+ of your attacking team members must now dedicate themselves to protecting the Sunderer from air (often unsuccessfully) instead of helping cap the point and suppress ground defenders. A solo-lib pilot can realistically tank bust a full health defended sunderer to death, and probably even get away. If he has a Dalton, it's just game over. Odds are good that he'll just constantly escape by the skin of his teeth (and of his fire suppression...), repair, and return to torment you again. Here you have around 25-50% of your attack focused on 1 or 2 players in a Liberator. Is this a proportionately fair amount of effort? Even if you slay the pesky Lib, you probably lost most of your attack momentum. I think it goes without saying that it's pretty hard to work around this against even a moderately talented Lib pilot with the average casual/pub attack force.

Plus, I'd hope they are largely background in 48v48. Shouldn't they be? Every individual vehicle or person on that battlefield should by himself not be a tide turning force. Everything needs massed coordination at that point.

It's simple in theory but doesn't work out so easily. First, decent AA equipment in this game comes at a significant price. Not everyone has a Skyguard Lightning or dual AA Burster MAXes. Next, consider that the Lib is pretty damn good at fighting back. The Dalton can make short work of rocket launcher heavies (which barely scrape your paint anyway) and AA maxes. Said MAXes also need engineer, and possibly medic support. I've seen two dual burster MAXes and some rocket launcher heavies shoot the hell out of a Lib and it just escapes anyway and returns in like 45 seconds. Only the unskilled pilots which overextend themselves or fly really low for a long time are at great risk. I've seen a supposed hard counter to air, the Skyguard, just get creamed by a tank buster. Once in a Sundy, my squad got dive bombed by just a tank buster solo lib pilot. I hit him with every single flak round the turret could produce, and the second gunner even got some bulldog hits on the Lib. It still obliterated us with one tank buster pass and survived. The examples go on and on.

I feel a lot more helpless against Liberators than any other single thing in the game, and that's just the truth. At least the newbie has some scrap of chance to kill infantry if he's a decent shot. Meanwhile, it's basically impossible for him to take out a Lib. Without dropping a huge cert and maybe inf (MAX) or vehicle (Skyguard, etc) resource investment he can't even help deter it. Besides, obviously I'm appealing to that category, because this whole post revolves around how Liberators may affect the likelihood of new players to throw in the towel on PS2.

I hate self entitled attitudes, but let's be real for a moment. The TL;DR of this all is that Libs are apex predators that require a very disproportionate amount of effort and coordination from their victims to counter a given amount of skill and effort of a decent Lib pilot + belly gunner. If your squad was evenly matched by defenders already, you probably lost your momentum thanks to 1 or 2 players in a Lib.
    • Up x 1
  11. Bortasz

Implants are Meh.... only realy good think I can say about them is that I don't suffer big drawback not using them.
    People don't want them. They want resource revamp, Hosin, continental lock, ability to change server... There are tons of things people want and consider big priority. SOE push what they want, and done them on meh status. So people stop believig that they listen to us.
  12. Mastachief

I would love to hear your justification for tanks suppressing spawn shields being good for the game.
  13. PKfire

In no way did I state such a thing in my post. Thanks for trying though.
  14. Mastachief

No. You instead made a point that people who don't like "tanks" should stick to fighting in areas where tanks cannot get to them. This dislike of tanks is not from people footzerging around continents it is from the status quo of tank spam camp spawns, then move 100m to the next spawns and tank spam camp rinse repeat.

Tanks aren't the problem and imo if anything they should be a little stronger, the problem is very bad level and base design. Cluttered maps that prevent armour vs armour having a purpose and routes from spawns to key points is wide open to spam from vehicles.

Everything eventual boils down further to the fundemental flaw of planetside2 allowing all players to do anything and everything at all times without any restrictions or need for teamplay. Solo tanks, solo lib, solo galaxy gunships, pull a max? Sure, now you want to be a medic? Sure, now a light assault? Ok, oh what about mine? Go for it.
  15. PKfire

How did you get that from my response to Scr1nRusher

That was literally my only post in this thread until you donned your tinfoil hat.
  16. Mastachief

My bad I read it wrong on the tiny screen i was using, sorry.

I was referring to this guy

17. JibbaJabba

I'll answer for him:

Because the reply button is broken. I'm actually glad to see I'm not the only one. When I hit reply it doesn't put a quote and the poster's name. Instead I have to reply, copy text, hit quote button, paste text inbetween. Net result though is you don't get the original poster's name.

Now that I know it's not just me I'll see if there is a forum support place I can mention this to...

Edit: Done! Go thumbsup this... https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...y-button-does-not-produce-a-quotation.190183/