Prowler deploy mode soon useless? (6/13 patchnote)

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Strikejk, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Strikejk

I like when people who obviously never used a deployed Prowler try to teach me how do use it. Also referring to anything skill related with Tank abilitys should let every NC and VS die in shame. Pressing 1 button if you are in danger, much skill needed there!
    I should stop replying to people without a atleast max. certed deploy mode on their prowler.
    • Up x 1
  2. Ronin Oni

Turret stability is not 100% accuracy FWIW... sure, it helps a TON and lets you engage on the move at much farther ranges than the face to face brawling which is what Prowlers and Van's are used to....

but steep short inclines will tilt your tank at the worst time (right when you click fire) and throw your shot off to the side.

Maybe deployed prowlers velocity and drop will need to be looked at again, but it will still give them more range than any other tank.

And again, taking the highest DPS output and adding an extra 40% on top is never anything to scoff at.
  3. CrashB111

The DPS increase from Anchor will be neglible at the ranges you want to even activate it now.

40% more DPS doesn't mean a damn thing if your target is able to evade all of it with ease, while still pelting you because they are mobile while you are stationary.

You can only use Anchor Mode at long enough ranges where you can trust that it lets you outrange the other Tank without eating all of their hits, now that everyone can shoot and scoot that minimum range is going to be pushed out much further. If you want an idea what this is going to do to the Prowler in Tank vs Tank fights, just look at what happens to one currently if they deploy at close range. They get eaten alive because they get outflanked, and their target is able to move between cover.
    • Up x 6
  4. Alarox

Turret stabilization is the same thing as what secondaries have. I can accuracy hit a stationary Prowler while on the move with the Enforcer and Halberd, as long as I get the drop down first.

My point stands.
    • Up x 3
  5. vanu123

Why is the magriders already painfully slow velocity getting nerfed even harder, why is its last meaningful traits given to the NC and TR in the form of stabilization and its strafing being slowed, the magrider was the slowest tank, it just had faster acceleration, which is also being taken away. Why are they adding more bullet drop to a faction that should have no bullet drop. Just why? I am trying to look for something, anything, to give people a reason to pull a mag, I don't see any.
    • Up x 2
  6. vanu123

#RIPmagrider
  7. OldMaster80

The deployed prowler will become slighlty less effective that's true. But I like the idea of making tanks for "active" vehicles. Right now the strategy is often to sit in a corner and snipe enemies from long range. I instead want to see MBT charge enemy lines!
  8. Bortasz

This will not change it.
    Tankers stay add distance because of Infantry.
    Tank mines force you to advance slowly.
    C4 insta kill you if you get to close to buildings.
    AV mana turret have 450 meters of range with perfect accuracy.
    Annihilator have lock on range of 450 meters and perfect accuracy.
    Lancer have hit scan up to 800 meters.
    Ravens are even worse than Av mana turret since max can move while firing and have two of them.
    Vortex work similar to Lancer. Hit scan.
    And you want me to move closer to them?
    • Up x 6
  9. OldMaster80

Lightning, full speed, reload time and ammo maxed, smoke, auto repair. I never drive on the road and I think I died by tank mines something like 3 times in 1 year and a half. I keep moving and guess what? I EAT infantry for breakfast [IMG]
  10. Bortasz

In the lightning. Not MBT.
  11. FBVanu

I was wondering if these changes would be good for the Lightning HE...
    it's faster, costs less than an MBT, doesn't feel like a major loss when it gets blown up..
    HE rounds have major splash (compared to others)..
    and if an enemy tank comes around, I can just run away..
    after all, most enemy tank rounds will be slower, they will have more drop, so it will be much more difficult for MBTs to hit fast moving vehicles..

harasser, flash and lightning should have their survival numbers increase..

the only advantage that MBTs receive is a turret stabilization, but that doesn't help if your shell is slow and has major drop. MBTs can not catch up to a lightning or harasser...

Might we see roaming wolf packs of Harassers and Lightnings?

By the way, will the Lightning also receive turret stabilization ?
  12. FBVanu

MBTs charging enemy lines are suicidal noobs that know nothing about tanks or the dangers of infantry in PS2..
    that is about as silly as asking snipers to charge ahead, without cloaking and run into the enemy infantry zerg..,
    with their hands tied behind their backs..
    it's absurd.

SOEs developers that came up with the silly idea of a "more interesting game play" when tanks have to get closer to each other, is, by far, one of the silliest statements in game development. I believe that NONE of the developers that thought this to be a good idea have 100 or 200hrs+ in tanks..

If they don't have a thousand kills or at least 100 hours + in tanks, they should not be allowed to make these suggestions..

Said this on another thread.. Once a BR 35 from the NC complained that I had a "detection hack" .. I was cheating..
    It takes a while to get to battle rank 35.. and after all that time of playing, this guy still didn't know what proximity radar was, that it existed or what it does... and those ignorant players are the ones that complain. SOE is trying to help the newbies by nerfing the experienced player's weapons.. making the older players leave the game.
    instead of teaching new players with tutorials ..

sadly though, most new players come here from Call of Doodoo or titan fart.. thinking they are great at those games, therefor they must be great at PS2.. and they never spend even an hour on youtube learning anything about the game.. if they don't spend the time to learn , they deserve to die..
    • Up x 2
  13. Predator01cz

I like how you're complaining about this all being a stealth nerf to deployed P
    1st. It's not stealth nerf, it's indirect nerf
    2nd. I can quite imagine the face of every vanu reading this and feeling really bad about those few deployed P while Every single magrider is 100x more (indirectly) nerfed by this
    • Up x 1
  14. J.C Simonetti

Well boys, it was fun while it lasted.

My fellow Prowler drivers, you will be missed!
    • Up x 1
  15. biterwylie

Lightnings will not enjoy this change in terms of fighting MBT's. I often escape from MBT by wrong footing them, causing them to need to make a 180 degree turn in order to pursue my lightning. Now the tank will simple change direction and follow you at full speed.

Please note, with this change there is no longer forward or reverse as far as the Vanguard or Prowler MBT is concerned. Only a change of direction!

You will not be running away anymore!
  16. stalkish

All tanks are **** off the bottom of my shoe in this game, trust me the grass is not greener.

Cert your infantry classes out you wont feel as ripped off cert wise, SOE cares not for vehicles.
  17. Strikejk

Well since my blood is red my main faction is TR. Also I don't feel experienced enough to speak for the VS, they have much better player to do that. In addition I don' want to make this thread to "heavy". But trust me I do realize that this patch is a punch in the face for VS too (maybe even more).

And last but not least it doesn't really matter how you call it, a nerf is a nerf.
    Thanks for reading tho I appreciate constructive feedback!
  18. Predator01cz

I'm not much of a tanker myself (see my profile pic, heh.. uhm anyway)
    And as much as your blood is red, mine's all blue inside and outside and as much as these indirect prowler nerf may also be understood as Vanguard indirect buffs, remember that Vanguard has recently taken some heavy nerfs (not even very justified)

As you told somebody how would we like to have our shield nerfed to 50%, it was nerfed not very far from this value with it's total health decreasing from 3000 to 2000 and last time from 8 seconds to 6 seconds

With this in mind, don't be afraid to equip your Vulcan, that thing still vaporizes the shield and health like crazy from up close, even more when you ambush a Vanguard from behind, since shield has the same directional resist values as the tank itself.

These changes may be understood as buffs and nerfes for every tank (but mostly Maggies, since stabilized turrets and mobility was their main trait)
    I feel like it will hit the Vanu Magrider the most in the same way NS shotguns hit the NC Jackhammer.

I understand your views given that you play TR only.
    I would also rather give up all the speed, acceleration and stabilized turret for our old shield.
  19. Klypto

That was nerfed because it made the prowler a long range AA sniper platform.
  20. TheBlazing

I said pre-nerf levels. So if the new cannon fires at 215 m/s, deploying would bring it back to 225 m/s.