What VS LMG do you use?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Dramonicous, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Dramonicous

Been away for a few months now, was wondering what LMG most people are using today?

Personally I want my LMG to perform well in any situation and it seems LSW and Polaris (rifle grip, compensator) seem to be the best for that, having a easily managed recoil. Thoughts?
  2. Shanther

SVA-88 used to be the gold standard for most top VS HAs. That has since changed. Orion is the go to.
  3. SteelMantis

Recently I have been mostly using the Flare (x2, comp. grip and SPA) as my go to LMG.

Compared to the Orion it can take out more people before reloading and can kill at longer ranges making it a better all rounder.
  4. cruczi

Not sure why ranged combat and sustained fire equals "better all rounder". It's just better at ranged combat and sustained fire. Orion is better at burst DPS and short-midrange combat. They have different roles.
  5. Tyrant103

Orion, I wish it had extended mag:(
  6. vanu123

The Flare is my favorite followed by the Orion.
  7. Amundsenkalmah

If You want a beast a close, orion.
    Close to medium SVA still great.
    The others are good but not as Orion and SVA.
    Right now im deciding if doing auraxium on polaris or LSW is worth (only 2 LMGs left)
  8. Chris Bingley

Well, I hate the Orion. I've never gotten along with it. However, I got the Pulsar LSW from the class quiz and I kind of like it a little (still not as good as the God Saw, Carv or my new all time favourite LMG the EM1).

The Flare has access to every attachment an LMG can have, making it possible to tailor it for different situations (as long as you have an infantry terminal nearby).
  9. Drag0

Polaris with Adv Laser and Soft Ammo - it is almost as good as the TR MCG pre-nerf. Just hip fire - let it happen :)
  10. eldarfalcongravtank

unlocked and tried out the Flare with 1x reflex, sound suppressor, extended magazine, softpoint ammo.

went 40-4 on first tour of duty with this silent sustained-fire beast!
  11. Darkwulf

I use the Orion or NS-15M. Just depends on how I feel. I use to use the SV-88 but for some reason don't like it anymore.
  12. Get2dachoppa

Not that I play Heavy too often, but I've stuck with the Pulsar LSW. Its a decent all rounder with a low cert cost. It does have some kick on the first shot but it has very controllable sustained fire after that.
  13. cruczi

I highly recommend trying it with 2x, compensator, foregrip and HVA, it becomes superb for medium range, requires a bit of burst control but very little recoil compensation.
  14. hansgrosse

I use the Ursa for all applications.