The dog fighting Magriders aren't hacks.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DragonOps, Jun 14, 2014.

1. DragonOps

Look what I found, this video is not mine, the rights goes to its respectful owner(s).
    • Up x 4
  2. Necron

At least they die most of the time.
  3. Pikachu

I love it and wish they could still do it.
    • Up x 8
  4. Iridar51

Wow, the reflections on the tank and weapon look amazing! I wonder if something's wrong with my graphical settings or I just didn't notice it before.
    • Up x 5
  5. Thardus

I wish they had rammed an ESF at some point. Still, I bet that that poor Liberator pilot was surprised.
    • Up x 3
  6. Amundsenkalmah

Thats because of the camo...
  7. LIKE A BOSS!

Go watch eskas videos.
    • Up x 1
  8. NinjaTurtle

This is one of those fun things SOE nerfed because fun is bad, don't have fun in PS2 it must be played with your serious face on

[IMG]

Do you know which camo, I have previewed all of them in the depo and I didn't notice any like this when I clicked through the tabs?
  9. FigM

something that was really fun, involved real player skill, and had minimum impact on overall gameplay - nerfed into non-existence by SOE

How much fun did we sacrifice in the name of balanced game? starting to forget why games are played in the first place
    • Up x 3
  10. Zenanii

I don't know, getting inside amp station with shield still up could be considered quite game-breaking :p
    Maybe they will re-add this feature once we lose our stabilized turret advantage? (One could dream)
  11. Frosty The Pyro

the video is from feb 2014, so maybe it still can be done.

Note to self, finish maxing out magburn.
  12. McFail

As the guy who made the video, what if I told you that you still can?

Shard camo, it looks a bit different depending on which empire you play but is still gloriously shiny regardless.
  13. Amundsenkalmah

Mmmmm some camos shine, and some others dont, my favorites are haftone, shard, and tech
  14. vanu123

With the upcoming hammer nerfs to the magrider, magriders should get the ability to fly to bring it more in line with the other tanks.
  15. RenegadeHelios

I honestly wish that weird stuff like this was left in the game. Seriously.

Look at how popular Goat Simulator is. And the only humor-biased part of it is the glitches. That's what makes the game fun. FREAKY STUFF is what makes the game fun.

This, old physics with the flash turbo, etc, would make this game epic to play. Imagine what would happen if we could get people to act as drop pods with magriders? If we could launch Harassers to the flight ceiling with maxed turbo? If we could launch flashes to get them on top of towers? If we could drive tanks onto galaxies and air-drop them into a fight?

I think the development team is focusing too much on trying to make a sci-fi game believable, when the freaky stuff that mostly happened on accident was what made the game enjoyable for a decent amount of people.

I dunno. I just wish this was still 'a thing'.
  16. Sekone

gee what are you doing on the forums then, you should be complaining about OP stuff
  17. Demetrios

It is still a thing, go Magburn up that cliff and you'll hit 350 KPH and go flying. It doesn't have much use aside from being fun and dealing with lolpodders when you happen to be down that way, but it does still work.
  18. RenegadeHelios

Yea, but many, many of the other similar things in this game have been removed or nerfed so heavily as to be physically impossible. :c

I'm saying everybody should have some wonky thing they could do. .-.
  19. Arkenbrien

I will personally testify that this is still possible to do. It usually does end in suicide, however, because once in the air we have no pitch control. It should be fairly simple, though. Pitch up/down = w/s, pitch left/right a/d. should be implemented.