Remove Thermals from Vehicles and the Infantry Thermal scope.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Scr1nRusher

They take any skill out of aiming or finding targets out of the game.

this needs to be said.
    • Up x 1
  2. OddChelsea

Right I forgot how the game gives you aim assist when you use one. Not like there's any legitimate uses for them, like spotting a pitch black VS soldier at night or the fact that they are the only infantry scopes that are actually aligned properly at all times and don't sway off center when you move.
    • Up x 17
  3. Cab00se187

Lol, thermals in a game that doesn't even get dark. I actually do agree with you
    • Up x 2
  4. OddChelsea

Of course you do. You're VS. You want to hide in the darkness with your perfect night time default camo. You don't have to deal with that. >.>
    • Up x 5
  5. Cab00se187

Lol, this is just a portrait, I'm NC and thermals are stupid for a game that doesn't have real night time
  6. OddChelsea

Suuuuure, just a portrait. Mmmmhmmm. Whatever you say Vanu spy, your tricks to gain an advantage wont work here.
    • Up x 5
  7. Cab00se187

Lol, are you new here?
  8. OddChelsea

Yes I posted all 1k+ messages yesterday. I'm a bit of a spammer.
    • Up x 14
  9. Pikachu

That made me giggle. :D
    • Up x 5
  10. Silkensmooth

I've been saying this for a while. Anyone who has used thermals knows how lame they are.

And you SHOULD be able to hide from vehicles, especially at night.

NOT being able to hide is what makes vehicles so OP vs infantry.

Its not a good game mechanic for people who have little defense to light up like light bulbs against a pitch black background.

Zoom is plenty.

Nerf the vehicle vs infantry spam and then maybe we can nerf the infantry vs vehicle spam.
  11. Vinny

yeah heaven forbid you actually use cover to break los
    • Up x 3
  12. Silus

OP vs the hordes of guys with dumbfires, lock-ons, AV turrets, C4, Tank Mines, explosive tipped crossbow bolts and various MAX weapons.

Sure, Vehicles are very OP.
    • Up x 6
  13. libbmaster

This thread hurts my brain...
    • Up x 6
  14. Cab00se187

Thermal is the same pointlessness as the flashlight. Garbage in a game that doesn't even get all that dark
  15. OddChelsea

You seem to be unaware that flashlights highlight infils now.
    • Up x 4
  16. LIKE A BOSS!

My PPA will always find you. You hide in a tree I will find you. You fly up a mountain I will fly right up there with you. You hide in a base I will find a way to get my magrider in there with you. You cannot hide from my magrider. I will hunt you. I will find you. And I will kill you.
    • Up x 5
  17. GaBeRock

sure. remove thermal scopes, and remove lockons/flak AOE. I would be down for more skill.
  18. Ken Photon

What?! I need my thermals... :,(

Seriously, as a rookie player, I must say that the thermal sights make my life a lot easier on vehicles. But I'm ready to admit that it's a tad too much hand holding for players. I easily see people (such as myself) take advantage of this and not learning how to actually use the zoom sights (even though the zoom sights on the vehicles I've been in so far do almost nothing...).

On infantry, I would actually keep them. It's hard to see for me to see people at night sometimes...
  19. Shadoiex

>Smoke
    Did you guys forget...?
    • Up x 2
  20. Ken Photon

Wha...?
    • Up x 1