[Suggestion] Medic Grappling Hook

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Genserik, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Genserik

Not sure if this would be more fit for a HA or Medic, but random thoughts happened today, and they said, 'What if Medics had a way to lock onto a fallen friendly soldier, shoot a hook at them and drag them towards you behind cover for a save revivie."

Exceptions to the hook (or the hook with the hook)

• MAXES cannot be hooked/grappled
    • Heavies drag slower, Infiltrators are faster
    • 10-15M Range on the hook
    • Replaces the knife
      • Can be used for melee, does same damage as the knife
    Just thinking outloud, this could slightly change the meta of base capturing, medics become more of a nuisance and puts importance on selective firing.
  2. Merlock

I wouldn't make it do the same damage as the knife then. And there has to be some risk when doing it, like press the melle key to wield you hook, then shoot at friendly, then slowly drag him to you, then you have to go to that friendly to unattach the hook. And then you can revive.
  3. Genserik

The risk would be positioning and the short range. You wouldn't want reduced melee damage as this is just class specific and is just another tool to be used on the battlefield. The lock time could sync up with the revive time, also another risk.
  4. MajiinBuu

I don't know how this could be implemented, with characters not having collision and all. What would make the hook grab and pull them?
  5. Genserik

Nanites? I have no idea. I am not a developer/programmer, just a player. We fire rockets and laser beams through the air, and have repair tools and medi guns. So the animation could be a yellow beam that shoots out and locks onto the target and pulls them. Just like the medic gun but with a longer range.
  6. Merlock

It would be a knife or a hook then, so yes make it harder to melee kill with it then. My suggestion is just fine, make it long and risky but still better than reviving somone in the middle of the door where all the fire is going through
  7. Mekeji

If anyone is going to get a grappling hook it should be infiltrators. They should have a way to sneak into bases other than the front door.

I don't ever play infil and I always play medic or HA however if any class can grapple it should be the class that sneaks around.

Granted I wouldn't mind other classes getting different utility grapples but the infil needs to get one first.
  8. Aeravic

I would rather they just add this as an alternate fire function for the meditool rather than replacing the knife. Let it trigger on dead bodies and drag them back towards the medic.

@mekeji Infiltrators should be the last class to ever get any kind of mobility tool. Cloak is already so powerful, can you imagine Infils with the LA's ability to attack from any direction?
  9. hansgrosse

It's a neat concept, and moving wounded allies to safety is a mechanic I'd enjoy, but I'd much rather make the medic have to actually pick his dead buddies up and carry them to move them around. I feel that this would be much cooler, and it would be balanced by the very obvious risks associated with running out of cover, taking a second or two to lift your buddy, and running back into cover a little more slowly.

That said, the grappling hook idea could actually be useful, whereas physically moving allies would have little point due to the speed at which revives can be given on-site, so in that way your idea would be the better choice.
  10. Genserik

Just a note: Grappling hook not meant for climbing into bases, but for dragging bodies. Would only allow this person to lock on to friendly targets.