Planetside 2 Running on Ultra on Playstation 4 At E3

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ElitePixel, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Whatupwidat

Hah! Really? **** that's about what I get on my 2 year old PC lol.

Man I need a new rig...
    • Up x 1
  2. ElitePixel

Lol i am running a 7870 and a FX-4170 and i can run this game stable at 30fps on ultra. I'm pretty sure the PS4 will be able to handle it since the PS4's GPU is the equivalent to a 7870. Then taking into concideration that the game will be highly optimised for the PS4.
  3. Aegie

Just playing with your forum name, no offense intended- no worries.

Since it is a video on the internet (and appears to be a video of a still shot) then they are pixels, your name is ElitePixel, so I was just saying that it may be a shot of a still but those pixels are elite (like your name).

Not a funny joke mind you and less so when explained so I take full blame.
  4. ElitePixel

5. Codex561

Love your sig!
  6. Amundsenkalmah

U wot m8?
  7. Kunavi

Don't worry guys. We'll get to Beta H1Z1 for $ until its PS4 release too!
  8. Degenatron

This is how no-talent losers try to promote their lame bands. Misleading youtube title w/ misleading preview. Doing this is admitting your band and music can't stand on their own.

Report it as a copyright infringement against SOE, have it taken down.
  9. Astealoth

I hope PS2 runs great on the PS4, and I hope it gains traction in the PS4 community. The PS4 hardware is capable. It's much easier to tune a stable client for a console than it is PC because of the fact that everyone has one hardware configuration that you can focus on optimizing for.
  10. ElitePixel

What are you a dummy
  11. ElitePixel

12. Astealoth

I've seen it, but this doesn't really prove that PS2 will run well on PS4. This is a gutted out tech demo of the game. PS2 runs great on anything when there's nothing going on. The performance issues come into play in towers, biolabs, and when there's hundreds of people in the hex.
  13. Tommyp2006

This is true, we all know full well just how hard performance drops in big battles in this game. That will be this game's true test. Do I think that the PS4 will be able to handle it? Probably, console optimization makes a massive difference, even when using underpowered components.
  14. BlackDove

Yep. I wonder what kind of hardware the PC PS2 servers. Seems like they havent updated it since launch.
  15. Keldrath

If the PS4 really is capable of doing equivalent to PC's ultra settings, then they did a very very very bad job with the PC version.

I've got an 8350 and a 290x. My fps on ultra at 1080p is about 30.

It's a smooth 30, but still 30, if I drop some settings, like turning shadows off, I can get it to 60-80fps with drops to 30-40 for large scale battle areas.

And that's just with my setup, which is about 30 times more powerful than a PS4.