Best Non CBow sidearm?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Imm0lation, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Imm0lation

Hello, I just recently started utilizing the Infiltrator class, and am having lots of fun. I was curious what are the draw backs, perks, and specific uses for most of the pistols you can use? I've only ever used the Mag Shot and I don't like it very much, although I can get kills with it sometimes.
  2. Mustarde

The magshot is my personal favorite sidearm in the game - good range, high damage, kills effectively and can be suppressed if you want.

There are some NC who love the desperado, which I find lackluster. Certainly good for getting very close. The rebel has less fans, but some seem to like it. The revolvers are loud, but get the job done.

In short, there is no "best". The sidearms are about as close to sidegrade as you get compared to other weapon types.

If you don't like the magshot, consider the desperado or underboss.
  3. Imm0lation

Good explanation. What makes you recommend the Underboss/Desperado before the Commisioner? Just wondering, and next time I have a trial available, I'll probably check out the Desperado.
  4. yeHHH1g

Underboss, faster firing rate than the Commissioner with almost as much stopping power so you can spam shots in a jam.
    • Up x 2
  5. gregfox89

If you can aim, Commissioner.
    Nothing beats those twitch one hit headshots on infils ;)
  6. blackboemmel

For Stalker-Cloak i'd recommend the Commissioner because of it's fast/ long-range killing power.
    For a sniper-loadout i'd go with the Desperado as it shines in those desperate moments where you get surprised by an enemy. (The silencer also allows you to be a little sneaky if not in sniper-range.)
    If you run an SMG as primary every sidearm is fine.
    If you can "afford" only one alternate sidearm: The sound/feeling of the Underboss may be the best of all sidearms (for every class) overall, but has no silencer.
  7. FillyFluttershy

I'm also looking to get a non-stock side arm but am torn between the Desperado, Commissioner, and the mystery empire specific pistols supposedly releasing this month. I sort of want the bursty Desperado cause often when you need a pistol it's against a weakened enemy anyway so panic spam usually produces the 1-3 hits you need to put them down. Dangit SOE, tell us more about your pistol update. : \
  8. JesNC

The Desperado is great for those CQC "oh sh*t"-moments, I even use it regularly over my SAW in close range hipfire engagements when I'm playing my heavy.

The NS revolvers offer the obvious punch in expense for any kind of stealth.

For Infiltrator gameplay I'm a huge fan of the Rebel. Yeah, I know, but hear me out on this. It's extremely accurate, totally silent with a supressor (nothing more than a whisper really) and its 250@10m damage lets you reliably headshot & knife or 2x headshot enemy players.

That said, the planned ScatterPistol will be glorious :D
  9. Moz

It depends how you are using your infil IMO:

Stalker - Commissioner - Gives you a good high damage weapon and allows for the "shot knife" combo the best.
    Sniper - Desperado - Gives a good "oh crap" tool for when that guy creeps up on you.
    SMG Infil - Whatever flavour you like the best really - i personally like to know that if i empty my cyclone and dont get the kill (i gon dun goofed now) that i have a side arm that is most likely going to score me the kill in one hit, so i pack Commissioner. That isnt to say you couldnt use any of the other pistols, the Desperado for example would almost be like an extension of your SMG clip.