Months since login

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mend, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Mend

Hey, It's been a few weeks, or a month atleast since I've logged in. (One of the many leavers after the pay2win energy/implants bullsh*t patch that f*cked everything up)

I'm curious as to if they've made any improvements on it, or removed it all together yet? Or should my friends and I stay looking for new games?
  2. Typhoeus

Hi! You'll be glad to know I've been doing just as good as I was pre implants and I don't even bother using them at all. It's now safe to say these implants have barely any effect on the game. It is safe for you to return my friend!
    • Up x 4
  3. Mezinov

To the best of my knowledge the game isn't broken any more than it usually is, and alot of the "break" is personal opinion matters.

For example, Implants.

I don't like them, but I don't think they broke the game. Especially because the implants themselves were implemented correctly; not a single one provides an absolute must-have capability. I have been playing at every opportunity and without an implant slotted, and my score hasn't gone down. Hell, my K/D has actually started to go back up.

What I don't like is the RNG method of getting them and crafting them. I hate Free to Play games with "lockboxes". I hate Paid games with "lockboxes". I hate RNG "lockboxes". But really? With the drop rates, even after their nerf last patch, and charger drop rates - If I wanted to run an implant I could for 100% of the time I played.

Could everyone? No. But I don't consider myself any better or worse than the grand majority of players.

To actual bugs? The only major one I experience with any regularity to even notice, is the desync issue where the game knows where you are (per se) but doesn't. So points will flip in empty bases sometimes because the game things Joe McEnemy is there, but he isn't. Or my mission will be to capture a base on the other side of the continent I was on earlier that session because the game doesn't know I've left...

But neither of those are game breaking for me, and are easily worked around.
  4. Pikachu

I use default one and I don't notice any difference in gameplay since the implant update. All the complaints about implants are alien to me.
    • Up x 1
  5. AssaultPig

the implant system itself sucks; it's needlessly complicated and grind-y.

but they don't affect gameplay enough to really care about, so the whole system can be safely ignored if you don't want to fuss with it.
  6. Llamar

Implants don't really do anything. They just feel like a useless update.
    • Up x 1
  7. Paperlamp

Implants are just free regeneration or some other minor perks, you can auto-charge them and for the most part ignore them completely and still get the benefits as long as you don't use the higher rank ones that drain energy faster which aren't that much better.

I'm a non-member and I've had regen on most of my infantry loadouts and haven't run out of charge so never needed to bother buying implants or chargers or whatever. It seems like it completely failed to be a cert/SC sink because it's too annoying to bother with micromanaging it.

So while you might still have an objection to it, it's not making the game more pay to win than it was before it because they simply don't do much and most players can't be arsed to bother managing the higher rank ones.
    • Up x 2
  8. pnkdth

Implants are a "nice-to-have" rather than a "need-to-have" which is, well, nice to have. The bad part of it, however, is that is very clunky to use. I barely ever use them for this reason. Definitely not P2W or the death stroke to PS2 some claimed it to be. Hopefully, they'll make them less clunky to deal with in future updates.
    • Up x 2
  9. DaninTexas

I don't even run the stupid things. Leaving this game over them IMO is stupider then the implants themselves.
    • Up x 1
  10. Nerp

What a drama queen.
  11. yeHHH1g

You sir are an idiot, did you even play with implants for any period of time before making your decision? I haven't paid a single cent for implants or energy...
  12. Axehilt

Well they were never pay2win because the benefit of implants was extremely miniscule. So even if free players had 0% implant uptime, the impact on the game would be almost nonexistent. Maybe you'd lose one fight in 200. That's sort of a stretch, tbh, and really abstracted in its effect (basically the most likely situation is you encounter Person A who nearly dies from a fight and heals to full from Regen vs. Person B who remains at low health but full shields, and that tiny bit of health difference makes the fight turn out different -- but even that's not a great example since Person B would likely healthkit back to full anyway.)

Meanwhile, free players reported 75% uptime. So that "almost nonexistent" is even less existent.

So if you're convinced by logic and hating implants was the only reason you quit, this should be great news! Otherwise? Well, I still want you to come back because I want this game to have plenty of players.
    • Up x 1
  13. Tommyp2006

The only real thing I've noticed about the implant system that has detracted from the game experience is that god awful hit sound.