I'm bored

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trudriban, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Trudriban

Mattherson NC, bored of fighting in a zerg with no opponents, bored of fighting against a zerg as the only opponent, bored of the "new" stuff that just feels and acts like tweaks of old stuff, bored of liberators and tanks and lolpods, even bored of these forums and this is coming from someone that loves to spectate drama.

What should I do to get my entertainment rejuvenated, people? Find a specific outfit? Swap factions? Swap server? Or just swap games entirely?
    • Up x 1
  2. Phyr

plenty of decent free games out there, and even more paid games.
  3. Tuco

[IMG]
    • Up x 8
  4. Phyr

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  5. Trudriban

[IMG]
  6. Dasubur

Planetside 2 Art dump?
  7. Tommyp2006

Finding a good outfits will help, you need to find one that is always looking for even fights and not just being part of the zerg. If you are already in an outfit, maybe you need to find one that operates on a higher average skill level. Maybe you should try taking a break from PS2 a bit and find something else to play, you may find like I did that it's hard to play smaller FPSs once you have a taste of PS2.
  8. FateJH

Extreme challenge time: knife-only campaign. No bullets or rockets or plasma. No grenades (save Revive) or health or shield self-restoration. No Vehicles or secondaries. No cloak, Heavy shield, or Triage. Just you and a knife head-on against all of Auraxis.
    Recon darts and recon bolts allowed.
    • Up x 1
  9. Trudriban

This is pretty much already what I'm doing. I'm only online once a week to do ops with my outfit, and the only fights we can find are steamrolling TR or soul crushing defeat by the VS. As for other games, Guns of Icarus is treating me much better while actually being built around teamwork rather than being forged by the smelting furnaces of nerf cries

You make Dark Souls sound more like Fable 2
  10. TheFamilyGhost

Getting with a good platoon is a start. In my opinion, a good platoon is PvP, not PvE.

Also, oppose things like lattice. Lattice is nothing more than a zerg path that no one can deviate from.
  11. Halcyon

Then play something else.
    If we have to motivate you to play you should probably move on.
  12. Tuco

Most important thing in a MMOFPS is how spawning is handled, that's really all the game is about: You capture a flag to secure an indestructible spawn point.

SOE didn't give this most important thing its due attention.
  13. Trudriban

I want to enjoy playing this game again though, there are no other FPSes I know of that operate at such a massive scale as this one
  14. Drol

Grab a flash, do stunts, everything else is a distraction.
    • Up x 1
  15. z1967

Attempt to shoot down a flying ESF with a Fury-F

I am on attempt #14 but I have only just started.
  16. DaninTexas

Do what I do to keep things interesting. Have 1 character per faction - only fight on the that has the lowest % on the server. I thrive on fighting out numbered. Keeps the adrenaline running. Do that as infantry only - maintain a positive K/D ratio not using BS things like perma cloaked hitting a lone akf player in the back of the head. Run HA or LA only.

That is what I do. Keeps me entertained for hours.
  17. Trudriban

Personally I find fighting while underpopped to be too much stress with too little reward, especially when underpopped leadership of said faction is nonexistent. Not that I play only to win, but I do enjoy fair fights