[Suggestion] Nerf the vulcan.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SoggyCow, Jun 3, 2014.

1. DFDelta

Love it.
    If my signature wasn't too long already I'd sig that.
    • Up x 1
  2. OldCuban

Or how about not parking or driving near someone with a Vulcan?

I'm sorry, but if your situational awareness isn't good enough to blow up a Harasser that's behind you within a few feet of you.......you deserve to get blown up. :p

That Harasser team had to put themselves in an extremely low chance of survival situation in order to take you out. Most tanks would have blown them to smithereenes the moment that came into view. It's essentially a similar situation to a C4 fairy taking you out. It's not their fault you didn't see them.
  3. dopy7dvs

Wow! thread just shows the ignorance of those looking at paper stats vs. those playing in-game. Vulcan is very situational, at best, and a deathtrap at worst. Vulcan doesn't need a nerf.
    • Up x 1
  4. Gundem

That hand should have stopped posting when it realized it was posting on a Mac.
  5. M4gn1

It doesn't need a buff either. Okay, it sucks at longer ranges. I feel its more something like the NC cannister is on a AI vanguard. The Vulcan reks in CQ. I like to use it when there are fights around bases or somewhere where you can roll fast from cover to cover, like the bases around the Saurva Biolab. Rolling up with the high speed prowler shooting enemy tanks and sunderes in the face. You absolutly rek everything within seconds, 2 ap rounds and a full vulcan mag and its game over for your enemy. Than after that just roll away to your next target. Perfect for dueling(refering to playing solo with two players)
  6. Zar

did we go back in time when the vulcan was god like or is he crazy if we have said time machine i got some idea's.
  7. z1967

It has an effective range of 10m. Clearly it needs a nerf lol.
    • Up x 3
  8. kucookachu

9. MostlyClueless

Wait it's this awesome and the NC has an AI version?

NERF THE CANISTER.
  10. quatin

You're right, it is like the Canister. They are both garbage and in need of buffing.

I have gone on a couple successful runs with the Vulcan and they were all under the Biolab. You camp the vehicle spawn so the enemy tanks have no choice, but to CQC with you. However, that's a very narrow situation in which it is useful. No one needs to be pulling vehicles in a bio lab fight anyways.

The biggest problem is you need a really competent tank driver to use the Vulcan. Someone who can drive the tank and fire at the same time while getting really close to enemy armor and pull up on the right angled hills to let you hit aircraft. However, someone who is this already that competent at driving a Prowler, would have figured out that lock-down with AP could've taken out that armor much easier. The argument isn't that the Vulcan has no use, it just has very little practical use.
    • Up x 1
  11. Halcyon

12. M4gn1

Im comparing it to the range at which it should be used at. It does its work very well at the right range, just like the cannister does. Only outside of the range its weaker than the other weapons. On the other hand if you figure out how to use it you could use the weapon on medium ranges as well. As I said, I had a gunner that rekt everyone within 100 meters of the tank. I don't know how exactly as I couldn't pull it off but he managed to burst it in a arc that it would hit quite accurate.

The weapon is perfect for a harasser imo, out manoeuvre the enemy and shoot him in his back. This is how I use it on the prowler as well.

Edit: I don't mind a change though, just not a buff. You might give it a tighter bulletspread over distance but then you should lower the damage output over distance as well.
  13. OldCuban

Yeah the Vulcan is great on a Harasser, you just gotta look out for those sneaky pebbles that flip you instantly!

I took a pic of one:

[IMG]

Nasty little buggers! And they're everywhere!
    • Up x 1
  14. NaySayer

Nerf the tickle machine, err... the vulcan? Lol
  15. Verviedi

Oh SoggyCow, why must you whine...
  16. vanu123

It was over nerfed, the MBT version was fine but the harasser one was the problem........ like 9 months ago.
    Tbh tanks and tank combat in general need some love.
  17. Frozen-K

[IMG]
  18. Masterofm

*checks threads*

2013 before the nerf
    2013 before the nerf
    2013 before the nerf
    2013 before the nerf
    2013 possibly after the nerf

[IMG]

The vulcan is now the ultimate niche weapon now. Really good against things less then 10 meters away.... when hitting the targets rear armor. Pounder max + vulcan rear armor with a harasser is stupid scary how powerful it is.... but it takes a special kind of crazy to pull it off well. I'd rather have a halberd when I run AP or heat.... or really anything. With a prowler you go halberd or go home is about 90% of the time as it's just the better option. Where as any other empire specific weapon for the tank it's generally a better option then the halberd (AT enforcer/sauron)
  19. Hoki

What just happened?
  20. Mxiter

[IMG]
    • Up x 2