New Nvidia driver still not working good.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Merlock, May 28, 2014.

1. Merlock

I have used it for a day now and I can say that indeed the black screens are gone but now I have these irritating stutters for like 10-20 seconds here and there.

Reverting back to old driver since I rather have a black screen every hour for 3 seconds than stuttering every 5 min for 20 sec.
  2. TRick Shot

One step forward, one step back for me too. The black screen is now gone. Played for a good hour and it does indeed seem to be fixed. However.....

Now for some reason when I start/restart my PC, right after "Loading Windows", my monitor looses connection to my PC entirely for 30 seconds before I get the picture back so I can log into Windows.

Sorry, I spent a lot of money making this PC boot quickly. This driver has more than doubled this.

Aaaaaaand back to Beta drivers. Shadowplay off. *sigh*
  3. Gammit

So the hitching may be a result of the Nvidia drivers?
  4. QRLegion

The new driver works perfectly for me, by far and away the best PS2 experience I've had since beta.

I'm running on an intel i5 2500K @ 4.2Ghz (stock intel cooler)
    8GB crucial Ballistix RAM
    Gigabyte 660GTX (2GB) Graphics @ 1920x1080
    Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
    Game runs from SSD

Everything on High except shadows and flora on low.

Since the new 337.88 drivers it runs very smoothly, no hitching, solid 60 fps in almost all situations have only seen it dip under 50 a couple of times in the big bio lab battles.

I've also noticed that the CPU temp is about 5C less on average than it used to be. Used to run around 58-65 depending on ambient temp, now runs at about 50 - 60. I assume that means the GPU is now doing more of the work.

Anyway my system is probably considered just mid range and it runs fine.
  5. JonboyX

I put a clean install on and it was terrible. Horrible chugging whenever I turned, even in sanc and on different servers. However, changing to adaptive VSync in the general settings improved things infinitely, and it's back to being smooth again for me (GTX570, Win7). If you've not tried it, give it a go.
  6. eldarfalcongravtank

i can confirm with the new nv337.88 driver that general game performance improved a bit compared to version nv332.21

however, at the same time i am also experiencing occasional hitches (aka microstuttering) which to my surprise arent reflected by the ingame frames-per-second counter in any way. the game just 'hitches' on its own
  7. PaulAdrien

I used to run with 331.82 on a single GPU. The new drivers fixed the SLI (heave frame drop and stuttering) but my 2 GPUs only uses half of their potential. BUT... now I have weird graphic glitches on the character selection screen (white artefact, character blinking) and on the map screens (names on the left side bar would just show Sunderer) and I could see the medic shields through the walls (not cool when using a magrider).

Gigabyte Z77-UP5-TH
    Intel Core i5 3570k overclocked to 4.42 Ghz
    Corsair Vengeance 16 GB (2x8GB) 1600 Mhz
    2 Asus GTX 760 2GB 2-Way SLI
    Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD
  8. Merlock

Exactly what I am experiencing, it's very annoying in a tight situation