Medic Shield Bubble

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kunavi, May 23, 2014.

1. Kunavi

I feel the design actually doesn't work well, breaks the flow and hinders Medics too much. I think it would make a lot more sense if it actually was a Cert line for the Engineer's Tool. In general I don't like how Deployed items work and it might make more sense if those were all converted to Suit/Ability/Class stuff for related Infantry Classes. Did I mention that now EVERYONE cowers in them, thinking they are on GodMode? In any case, it's counter intuitive and while it's a choice(And I like choices with substance) it just... Deployables just don't sit well with me. Anyone else feeling they should assign this function to the Repair Tool?

One more argument towards this change; Engineer XP versus Medic XP is not as balanced as it could be. Medic has too many ways with no limitations, to get their XP. And Revives still trample Heals which is very annoying. If anything, Medics need ways to boost their Heals.
    • Up x 1
  2. Kunavi

Cont'. : Or, ways to make Healing matter or pay more than Reviving.
  3. Satex

I love it though as people think they have godmode in it so easy to lob a grenade into it ;)
  4. eldarfalcongravtank

i hate that it kills my fps :confused:
    • Up x 6
  5. PlatoonLeaderG

Its so much visual appealing that i dont care.its so awesome as it is.It also help the revived infantry to get in battle more quicly.I dont know i enjoy it so far
    • Up x 2
  6. Metalsheep

I haven't really played with it much. (I havent played PS2 since PS1 went F2P) But i dislike the idea of Medics having a deployable, or being able to regenerate/augment shields.

Shields seem like a thing Engineers would do. As well as deployables.

The engineer should be the "Deployable" class. You could make the ACE tool have like 3 programmable modes so players can equip what 3 deployables they want their ACE to make. (AI Turret, AV Turret, Shield Regen, Ammo Pack, Motion Spotter ect ect)

Engineers seem more Explosive oriented, and less Construction/Maintenance focused (Nanite Regen On Vehicles/MAXs sort of negates the engineers Support focus a bit) like an Engineer should be IMO.
    • Up x 1
  7. \m/SLAYER\m/

Engineering farming certs by repairing, and resupplying.
  8. Posse

It's funny how people stay inside those shields thinking they're invincible heh
    • Up x 2
  9. KiRRA

^^^^ THIS, SO MUCH THIS!

I actually thought they were "shields" at first because I didn't read about them so I didn't shoot. When I finally realized what they were it was a freaking field day as Infil class, fun times.

It's also amusing to see how quickly everyone inside scatters if you just one shot the beacon/device/deployable thing....like watching roaches scatter when you turn the lights on.
    • Up x 3
  10. Ronin Oni

lmao yeah, there was like 15 of these suckers set up in the spawn room after taking a Biolab

My frames were like 20 lmao!
  11. Mongychops

No matter how much smoke and how much a doorway is suppressed, that little bit of bubble poking through the wall shows you exactly where you have to bounce your AV grenades to :D It's brilliant.
  12. Twitch760

I'm in total agreement with OP this ability needs to be moved over to the engineer class it just doesn't feel right with it being a medic ability.
    • Up x 1
  13. Bine

Imo they need to disable the weird wavy wonky **** from out to in and in to out. As a sniper it's a bit annoying when medics deliberately deploy those things on me. Makes me have to change position because it lights me up and makes it harder to snipe!
  14. TheShrapnelKing

Yes yes let's have the engineers do even MORE than they already do. >_>

Other classes need to be able to do something too you know. You keep piling abilities onto the engineers and soon half the army will be engineers.
  15. DaMann22

The shield is fine as it is. It needs to be a deployable for the medic class and not the engineer because its a health item.
    • Up x 2
  16. Yuki10

Nanite Systems: Pizza Delivery to every Bubble party !
  17. Konstantinn

Shield regen deployable isn't a very good mechanic. You just stand there away from the shield regen deployable, wait for timer to run (what is it 7.5-10 sec) out and shield charges much faster than if you stood in its area the whole time.

One thing I will say, I haven't seen how quickly it regens if medic maxed it out yet. Also it might be worthwhile for engineer that sits on a AI turret defending an entrance to get that shield regen. Here's why. Engineer on a turret dies either from headshot/rocket/grenade/shot from behind, those are insta-gibs, or from getting slowly whittled down by well placed rifle shots that have just the right kind of angle as he turns his turret to hit him.
    So:
    1) Headshots from sniper require engie to be in the open, not in closed room.
    2) Rockets are unreliable, usually engie only takes splash damage as turret shield somehow mitigates rocket almost completely.
    3) Grenades are easy to dodge by hitting E, walking out of its range and getting back on turret after.
    4) Shots from back... if you guard entrance hopefully there's a wall or friendlies behind you. Not an issue.
    5) Rifle shots are slow as only a small fraction of them makes it through at the perfect angle.

So in a closed room (1), while smartly dodging grenades (3), having your back relatively safe (4), mana turret engie's only nemesis will be splash damage from rockets (2) and rifle shots (5) slowly taking him down. Both (2) and (5) can be helped substantially by regenerating shield the whole time.

In my opinion this is a stupidly specific situation, it does not warrant an ability of its own just for this one very narrow case. Worth mentioning that I don't even know if it works, since you can't heal engie actively on a turret can you regen his shield? In that case you may have wasted your time reading this, and me writing.
  18. Levtech

Its always fun to drifter rush behind one of these bubbles and drop a C4 or two inside them . The bubbles also look pretty cool especially if a turret is inside. I think they're neat but they do not belong in the ability slot for sure. I have not got my hands on one of these yet so do you get XP for regening shields with these?
    • Up x 1
  19. Blippy

IMO they should've gone to the utility slot. It lets Medics take something other than C4. Then again, having an AoE heal and an AoE shield repair at the same time might be too powerful.
  20. Krayus_Korianis

You do get Xp for regenerating shields for other players.
    • Up x 1