Time to increase the Skill CAP by making Rockets not OHK Infantry. Please No More Rocketside!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by G.O.A.T, May 22, 2014.

1. Posse

No, you can't nerf them in a way that makes them less effective against MAXes (which are already OP enough)
    • Up x 1
  2. Wobberjockey

you realize that if an unarmed UBGL hits you, it does full damage right? it just doesn't explode.

this will in no way nerf HA RL's Vs MAX's other than that it will require them to aim a bit more.
  3. WTSherman

Honestly, my solution would be to instead make rockets a whole lot more powerful but only give you one, and make it take a while to reload when you get a new one.

So sure, you can OHK one person. Good for you. Now you're out of ammo.

Of course for that to work we'd need to give MANA AV turrets limited ammo that can only be resupplied by ammo sundies. And it'd have to keep tracking that ammo even when destroyed and re-deployed, so you can't get around it.

Really there are a lot of things in this game that have unlimited ammo when they shouldn't, or have way too much ammo for what they do.
  4. KnightCole

Fix the hit detect, then less people will feel the need to walk around with a rocket, cuz its the only way to kill people effectively and in less then 30 rounds....

****, sometimes that is exactly what I do. Unload on a guy, follow it up with a rocket shot. Sometimes I poke out and rocket guys in the face cuz its more likely to kill the guy then my machinegun....

Then revert the headshot mechanics back before w/e update saw headshots not stopped by NWA and all that jazz. Then simply vastly increase the headshot modifier on BASR/SR/SASR and bam, snipers are happy and we dont have headshotside2. Less people will prolly feel the need to use the Rocket primary cuz they wont be dying in a fraction of a second. Ive seen some people talking about wanting higher TTK, that is how to do it.....its not by doubling our hitpoints lol....

This game had a pretty good TTK before the headshot changes turned it into Call of Headshotside2...3 bullets for a kill. WHy we need HA Shields? Just headshot..NWA? just headshot......**** with the headshot BS.
  5. Silvermyst

How would rockets work against vehicles then?

Would you increase their damage to 6000 to make up for the lost rockets, and let them OHK harassers, lightnings and MAXs?

The problem with rockets is that they need to be good against vehicles and MAXs, but bad enough against infantry that people will use their primary weapon instead of them in 90% of the cases.

Your solution works fine with heavies vs. normal infantry, but it will either make heavies OP against vehicles in the process, or useless against them. (because 1 rocket dealing 1000 damage is useless against vehicles, especially if the driver then knows you have no more shots)

With someone carrying six 1000 damage rockets in his gear he becomes a threat to vehicles, but needs a lot of time to deal it out. The anti-vehicle system currently works very well, in my opinion.

Any solution that's made needs to be carefully balanced so that it doesn't mess up the original task that rockets were supposed to be for.
  6. G.O.A.T

You obviously arn't very good.

It takes lots of skill to ADAD and aim at the target.
    uhhhh...I did this thread back in 2012 lulz.....I prophetize what was gonna happen in the game.

A bunch of n00bs running around with Rocket Launchers,Proximity mines,Shotguns,n00btubes,etc.
  7. Pie Chasm

The prophet of d00m.
  8. Devrailis

It should always be a choice.
  9. RyanGUK

Amen brah, amen.
  10. Posse

Assuming what you're saying is effectively true (I sincerely have no idea), then it would change absolutely nothing, you would still be able to OHK infantry at point blank range
  11. Bine

Huh, OP you must be on another server from me. I very very rarely see anyone using rockets to kill people. I occasionally get that one spawnroom warrior hanging out and firing rockets from safety but they get maybe one kill every 2 minutes. If that. And its never me. Just because the rockets one hit kill doesn't mean they are op and the game is far from rocketside xD
  12. Wobberjockey

you would have to aim at infantry to OHK them, as opposed to simply firing at their feet and letting the splash damage kill them.

it also means that if you miss the OHK you're caught with no weapon and in the middle of a multi second reload.... in other words dead.

applying the current UBGL mechanics to HA RL's wouldn't stop rocket primaries, or stop all OHK's but it would put them back in their place. i think we can all agree that they never intended them to be used at knife ranges like a blunderbuss.
  13. Dis

The amount of bad in this thread has reached critical mass. Please purge the forums before a singularity occurs and we're back playing pong again.
  14. TheFamilyGhost

You're a good man Govedo.
  15. TheFamilyGhost

Pong with a backstop.
    • Up x 2
  16. Zazen

I have A LOT of time played, I have a BR 100 NC, a BR 95 VS and a BR 76 TR and I still get pissed when I get OHK'd with a RL at point blank range coming around a corner or through a doorway. There are a lot of players that regularly don't even use a normal gun, they just run around with HA, toting their RL. It's the definition of gameplay cheese.
    • Up x 1
  17. Stew360

Rocket primary is not a problem in this game sorry to disapoint you but if Stew say its not a problems its not !

Iam all for balance , to be a OHK rockets as to be ADS and almost precisely on target , ive never been kill this much by rocket and i kills few peoples someones by '' accidents '' with it shooting at a max nearby and they ran into it , also when i play Anti maxs deci , i dont want to be stuck ina situation where a single infantry rush youand you have 0 chance whats so ever to react , the rocket primary is your one and single chance to kill this guy

Stop making these useless thread about something popularised by silly videos
    • Up x 1
  18. Dis

And there you have it. Boy do I feel stupid.
    • Up x 1
  19. Teoke

I'm sure this has been said, but

FLAK ARMOR STOPS YOU FROM GETTING 1 SHOTTED BY THE DUMBFIRE LAUNCHERS, ALLOWING YOU TO KILL WHO EVER SHOT YOU WHILE HE RELOADS OR SWAPS WEAPON

If you chose not to run Flak armor, and instead use NW to be more effective at soaking bullets, It's a trade off you had made to have superior survivability against small arms. Other aspects of the game need to do trade offs too, such as tanks chosing AP instead of HE to be more effective against vehicles, or ESFs who chose to run A2AMs to aid them in aircombat, trading off their effectiveness at killing groundvehicles and infantry.

The solution to the "Rocketprimary" is out there. Use it!
    • Up x 2
  20. Posse

I'm going to attempt a Stew360-English translation for all those that suffered from eye cancer trying to read this (everything in italics will be comments I added)

Rocket primary is not a problem in this game, I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but if Stew says it's not a problem, then it's not a problem (??????????????????????)

I am all for balance, but for a rocket to OHK the target you have to ADS precisely on target, I've not been killed that much by rockets and I've only killed few people with it by accident when I tried to shoot at a MAX and some guy ran into the rocket. Also, when I play anti-MAX decimator, I don't want to be stuck in a situation where a single infantry guy rushes you and you have 0 chances to react, the rocket primary is your one and single chance to kill this guy (he has a point here, surprisingly).

Stop making these useless threads about a something that was popularised by a silly video (looking at you, Mustarde, see what you caused)