Reaper DMR vs NC-9 A-Tross

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by TheKhopesh, May 18, 2014.

1. TheKhopesh

After spending the past few hours swapping between the Tross and the DMR, I've noticed that the Reaper has FAR less.... something.
    I'm not sure what it is, I cannot put my finger on it.

The A-Tross just isn't as easy to get headshots with as the Reaper when using a 3.4x scope.
    (And pretty much ONLY the 3.4x)
    Now, you'd think that the gun with less fire rate would be more suited for ranged use, but no.

Both while standing still and strafing, the Tross had FAR less accuracy after the second shot than the Reaper.

Does anyone know why this weapon is so... off?
    It's a far cry from the Reaper's accuracy, and a straight-up downgrade in all but mag size.
    (All because of some hidden stat that I cannot place.)
  2. CerealBox

Waiting for them to release it on live. Can't really give a definitive answer until I've used it in normal battle conditions.
    My expectations are that it will work better against multiple enemies, provide more mobility and versatility than the Reaper was originally designed for (by this I mean the 20 bullet mags).

Although, I'm hoping the first few days of A-Tross won't be askew because of the changes with implants.
  3. KnightCole

Its prolly the Tross has worse recoil and CoF bloom stats applied to it.

It has 30 rounds with a 200 dmg bullet. Sure as hell they arent going to make it accurate and deadly. Ofc they did **** it's RoF, 469? lol.....ouch.
  4. TeknoBug

Will the new rifle have 200 damage shot?

Reaper is extremely easy to use due to one direction recoil, practically zero sideways recoil, it's part of why it's one of my most used NC weapon.
  5. Epic High Five

Yep, it's like a Razor Reaper
  6. Iridar51

7. TheKhopesh

Well, my fears were confirmed, it's less accurate after the 2nd shot.

Someone pointed out on the A-Tross page on the official wiki that it may be entirely due to the fire rate.
    The Reaper may be launching that last round ever-so-slightly before the CoF receives it's full bloom for each shot, resulting in more accuracy per shot.

Don't get me wrong, it's a workable gun, but the reaper is better in every way but ammo per mag. (Even the velocity isn't a big enough difference to really mess with it. That extra accuracy makes leading and hitting consecutive headshots MUCH easier.)

Oh, in addition, both the Reaper DMR and A-Tross were nerfed on release of the medic update.
    They both had a max damage of 200 @ 15m, which was lowered to the standard AR distance of 10m.

On an entirely unrelated note, the NC's Magshot is bugged and I've lost my Darklight on it.
    :(

Knowing the NC's luck the devs will make that a feature as well.
    (Only kinda kidding on this one, they won't make that a feature, but no doubt they're gonna keep rolling out the penny-pinching with NC weapon stats.)
    :eek:
    • Up x 2
  8. TeknoBug

I tested it out, sticking to the Reaper DMR, DMR has a faster rate of fire, more stable recoil and slightly faster reload.
  9. \m/SLAYER\m/

the only good thing about Tross - burst fire mode. looks like you can increase ROF bu faster clicking :D Burst mode should be default, will be like AN-94
  10. EViLMinD

I played around with it. Got adv grip/laser, HVA, all the barrel attachments and scopes (I saved up). It's not bad. Definitely the best long range option for CM. The single-fire is highly recommended for long range accuracy.

Reaper is clearly the better option for closer ranges.

Oh, and adren pump is handy with the Tross. Ideal for long range/out in the field work.
  11. NCDaniel

12. Dtswiss

I currently have more than 22000+ kills with the reaper and 800 something kills with the tross. Reaper is definitely more accurate for me and thats me maintaining a 34 35 percent accuracy on both. There seem to be more random unpredictable patern with the tross
    • Up x 1
  13. TheKhopesh

I agree, the Reaper is noticeably and concisderably superior at range.

I'm really disappointed that the rifle that's proclaimed to be "...the ultimate in heavy-hitting, long range assault rifles" is less accurate at range than the Reaper.
    If the Compensator and Adv grip were tweaked just (Yes, all attachments actually differ in the amount they change each stat from gun to gun for balance reasons) a bit to add just a bit more ADS stability on consecutive shots than the Reaper, it would be what it is supposed to be.
  14. MrK

So the gun is A-Tross-cious?
  15. Moz

Hmmm funny, I havent tried it myself so cant really comment. I was just here looking for some confirmation of how this gun performs after what some guys in my outfit were saying last night.... Which was:

"I cant believe how little recoil this gun has"

Now im going to have to try it for myself....... Cheers guys -.-
  16. TheKhopesh

You cannot fire faster with the burst fire mode, all you will achieve by spamming the fire button is oversampling the weapon, and thus firing slower.

I personally do FAR better with full-auto weapons, letting self discipline be my burst fire mode.
    :D
  17. TheKhopesh

It's not that the A-Tross has more recoil, but the general consensus seems to be that the Reaper has a more predictable recoil pattern.

So while the A-Tross fans it's bullets around within it's cone of fire, the Reaper puts them more consistently in the same region of the cone, making it easier for those who are skilled with either weapon to land headshots with sustained fire.

This is disappointing, as the A-Tross is supposed to be the more range orientated of the two (What with it's lower rate of fire, lower DPS, and higher reload speeds), yet is effectively worse at range thanks to inconsistency.

Essentially, the Reaper is better in every difference between the two except ammo per mag.

The ammo is another disappointment.

The Reaper was given one mag loaded, with 5 in reserve (1/5).
    The ammo count being 24/120.
    The A-Tross was given the ammo capacity of 30/120.
    That's 1/4 reloads.

As a result, it feels like it runs dry far too quickly while on the field.
    Now, I don't know if you've noticed this, but there are rarely enough engies around in ranged conflicts in order to justify this weapon's ammo reserves.

All in all, the ammo is a relatively small concern, but the NC shouldn't have to beg just for proper ammo.
    • Up x 1
  18. Moz

Cheers for the tips dude, I shall put it to the test laters.............. If the server come back to life :D
  19. Unclematos7

I guess a turd is preferable to diarrhea. They'te both excrement however.
  20. TheKhopesh

Nonsense.
    The Reaper DMR is a considerably formidable weapon if you use it correctly.

It is, however, a high skill weapon.
    It's certainly not a general direction weapon like the TR's... well, most everything.

Of all assault rifles, the DMR's heashotting capabilities are second to none.

The A-Tross is another matter entirely though.
    Truly a terrible weapon.
    It's abhorrent horizontal recoil makes it effective only in battles where your enemy doesn't take notice of you and return fire.

If it had a significantly higher rate of fire, then it's inaccuracy would be excusable for close range uses.
    If it were slightly more accurate than the Reaper (That is, with no horizontal recoil), it would be usable for range.

But given it's unacceptable shortcomings, it's currently relegated to the position of being a useless and pointless weapon.
    It's no wonder it has earned itself the nickname "A-trosscious".

This weapon was the second-most difficult to Auraxium of all the NC AR's.
    The worst AR that exists to date is still the Gauss Rifle Burst.