New Walker and Hyena, wtf were you thinking?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hoki, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Nepau

Honestly the Walker had needed a buff for a while. Before in all honesty the Walker was not much of a deterant against Decent pilots, but now it can force people to have to be smart in how they engage things like Gal's. Also consider that the Gal is a big target to begin with, so going at it from a lower angle from the side give the attacker cover verse Walkers, and It is much harder to kill aircraft with the Wing bulldogs at range.

BTW, Walker buff is for all Walkers, Ground Versions as well as Air.
  2. Nepau

They tighend up the CoF of the Walker, making ir more effective at a longer range, as well as Generaly improved in Hitting moving targets.

If you look at a Walker vs a Ranger, Ranger is best at very long range, and is a great deterant weapon, but the new walker is much improved at Mid to short range, Making them a better Close range AA deterant then a Basalisk.
  3. Chubzdoomer

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. That's a huge reason why the air game is so inaccessible, is because it's dominated by the same dozen or so nerds per empire who rarely, if ever step outside their aircraft to play any other roles. I've practiced to the point to where I can do pretty well against them despite being a ground-only guy in the past, but I'm still not on equal footing with them and surely will never be. It's a problem that really has no "good" solution IMO.
    • Up x 1
  4. Dreadnaut

That's about as ignorant of a statement as I've ever seen on the forums.

No pilot worth a s**t wanted those changes. SOE did it, not the good pilots.
    • Up x 2
  5. DEL1001

completely agree with you. composit armour is still pretty carbage vs flak in my oppionion they could remove or lower the tank resitstances and make it a real anti flak option
  6. DeadliestMoon

Speak for yourself.
  7. Pikachu

I haven't noticed any buff to walker.
  8. xxxSPIKExxx

The real problem with the walker is his accuracy.
    I have more than 360 hours of fly time with my galaxy and I can tell you surely that you just CAN'T take down any ESF unless it's in close range and you have the 2 walkers on him. Once the target is 30meters away, it's over you may have more chances to hit with a bulldog.
    Such a shame because that make the galaxy being so poor against Aircrafts, even with 4 gunners in it.
    Imagine a full crew of 5 guys, easily beaten by just 2 guy in their own ESFs ... (WTF ??)

IMO if they had to up the walker it should be the spread out cone, as well as the bullet velocity.

My dream will be to see an AA turret dedicated to the galaxy and maybe libs.
  9. JackD

Isnt it obvious? He wants prowlers to be the best air superiority fighter.
    • Up x 1
  10. FaLI3N

It kinda sucks that the better lib pilots get buffs because of the bads but the better tankers get nerfs because of their bads though.. :(
  11. Dreadnaut

That change wasn't needed, and it makes tankers suffer which isn't balanced gameplay
    • Up x 1
  12. FaLI3N

Don't worry we definitely agree. The old libbers I don't really have a problem with, it's all the people who have jumped on the bandwagon to farm now. Even when flanking now there will be some pleb in the middle of nowhere holding thermal on all the time so sitting completely still with camo that matches the terrain whilst under a tree does nothing :(
  13. z1967

I really hope the prowler AA main gun works with lock-down. The sky will fall and TR shall be the champions of clear skies and air superiority once more. Without even using a single ESF, too. lol
  14. Ryker

It takes less then 2 seconds for a lock down ap to kill my gal.... please do not buff..
  15. Flag

If you're already severly damaged/ON FIRE, sure.

Ps: The reload cycle for a prowler with max anchor is longer than 2 seconds (it's ~2.3).

The more you know.
    • Up x 1
  16. Schwak

Implying we said they should give the tailgun further forward angle then the belly gun. We just said that the liberator tailgun is useless by design and should be able to at least shoot what the belly gun is shooting. They buffed it too far all on their own.
    • Up x 1
  17. Tcsisek

I tank, fly (even though I'm not the best and need to put some more certs into my reaver.), pay the support classes, LA and infiltrator, HA when their is enemy tanks, and last harasser/lib gunner (although for the lib I prefer bailing and C4 a tank over being OP.) so dose that make me a flyboy, tankgurl and Grunt at them same time?
  18. Stormsinger

Wishlist of absolutely insane things that I would love to have, just to test a few things for a day or so.

All lib Belly guns added as top-gun options for all MBTs, all of which have the firing angles of a walker.
    Let tanks fly. Seriously, don't add anything other then Z-axis movement capability and rough liberator flight mechanics, don't buff speed in the slightest. I'd love to see which is more effective vs ground targets, libs or MBTs.
  19. FaLI3N

I have been using rudolph's to take down the enemy libs every time my mossie is off cooldown and it is so much fun :) Stealth mossie with 3 c4 strapped to the nose of it to insta-gib all the libs with no chance of retaliation, just like they do to everything on the ground. The best part is if they rage because you can just tell them they could of avoided that insta-death if they had situational awareness.

Sure as hell makes me laugh :D
  20. Kid Gloves

That works?!

I need to find me some more unmoving liberators!