TR and VS should be allowed one 200 Dmg weapon now

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AdamRah, May 21, 2014.

1. AdamRah

NC has two now, Atleast give the other empires one and before you say no, lol
  2. Goretzu

Why would they do that when the just made the Lynx 2.0 to make TR have the fastest firing Carbine?

Faction diversity is here to stay.

They could however give the NC more 200 bullet damage weapons though to increase faction diversity.
    • Up x 27
  3. Antich

And if you're at it, give NC and TR a PPA or two and NC MAXes smth that is not a shotgun. Also, don´t forget to rename the jackhammer to NcBaron.
    • Up x 4
  4. eldarfalcongravtank

i am no fan of outsourcing faction traits to other empires either

then again, i am pretty sure the upcoming Heavy Assault update will give TR or NC access to a 0.75x ads LMG even though this is a VS specialty >_>
    • Up x 1
  5. Mxiter

I don't feel the need of 200 damages weapons. Imo it's a fine ES weapons with some drawbacks.

But 0.75X ADS is as VS specific as the 0.75x ADS TR carabines was specific and 0.75x ADS NC AR are specific...

0.75xADS isn't faction specific.
    • Up x 6
  6. Bennybones

Does that mean we will have to give the NC our Carv or MCG? 'Cause if so, no deal!
  7. Ztiller

Ever heard of the term "Faction diversity?"
  8. Aegie

Some plasma for TR/NC while you're at it? No? Good.
    • Up x 6
  9. Alarox

The only reason the NC have 750+ ROF weapons is because SOE doesn't want to make 167 damage weapons competitive at close ranges.

There's no reason for TR and VS to get 200 damage weapons.
    • Up x 7
  10. Larolyn

I already have this with my NS-15M....
  11. PastalavistaBB

I'm all for Faction diversity, but SOE is doing the exact opposite of what it should be. They are copying one Faction's weapon and giving it to another. (Razor/Cougar, T1Cycler/Carnage/Terminus etc.) They even have gone so far as making the Jackhammer a NS weapon and available for all classes.

So no, NC should be the only Faction with 200 Damage Tier weapons. As TR should be the Faction with highest RoF and most bullets all the time. Sadly this isn't the case atm.

Blitz, Sirius, GD7-F, Serpent are all weapons that are totally TR. Not to mention that GR-22, HV45 and TAR are all reskins with minor differences. These NC and VS weapons shouldn't have existed in the first place. We need more unique ES weapons. Or it'll soon be just Red Team vs Blue Team vs Purple Team.
    • Up x 7
  12. Mongychops

So, take away the RPM from the VS fine, now what? No bullet drop CQC weapons? CQC weapons with 0.05 lower starting moving hipfire and ADS CoF? Charge up CQC weapons? CQC weapons with the lowest damage per magazine of the factions?

I'll tell you that the HV-45 has been the workhorse of the VS ARs precisely because it was the only AR the VS had that didn't result in you being destroyed in CQC. Yes, the new Terminus is nice, but I can't think of any "VS" trait that would make a "VS style " weapon not at a severe disadvantage in CQC. I suppose the NC heavy assaults don't do too badly with the 600x167 Anchor as their only CQC viable LMG (no 750x143 like the TR & VS), however, for the VS to lose all their high RPM weapons, and have them replaced with what currently is regarded as "VS", would be disastrous for the faction.
  13. MrK

Define "VS trait".
    I've a hard time doing it, and I'm pretty sure SOE themselves have no real clue at what they want VS to be. There's no clear direction for VS and SOE comes up with band-aid solutions each time (ZOE anyone? the hideous "be OP or UP" monster).

It can't be "precision", because the way SOE built the shooting system, the high damage/low RoF weapons are supposed to be the most precise, making "precision" a NC trait.

There's the "no bullet drop" thing, but so insignificant it can't be a base for balancing.

Could be "movement", in which case you'd have to reserve 0.75ADS weapons to VS, but I can hear endless rivers of NC and TR tears in this case

Perhaps come kind of "flexibility / agility" motto. Could up the general bullet speed above what NC/TR have, slightly reduce weapon equip time (you could change weapon faster), and reload speeds, while maintaining the VS in the middle in terms of RoF and Alpha Damage.

But that's still not convincing.

The problem is the same since PS1, SOE chose a bipolar faction differientiating factor ("more dakka" vs "more BOOM"), and introduce 3 factions ......
    • Up x 1
  14. MrK

Define "VS trait".
    I've a hard time doing it, and I'm pretty sure SOE themselves have no real clue at what they want VS to be. There's no clear direction for VS and SOE comes up with band-aid solutions each time (ZOE anyone? the hideous "be OP or UP" monster).

It can't be "precision", because the way SOE built the shooting system, the high damage/low RoF weapons are supposed to be the most precise, making "precision" a NC trait.

There's the "no bullet drop" thing, but so insignificant it can't be a base for balancing.

Could be "movement", in which case you'd have to reserve 0.75ADS weapons to VS, but I can hear endless rivers of NC and TR tears in this case

Perhaps come kind of "flexibility / agility" motto. Could up the general bullet speed above what NC/TR have, slightly reduce weapon equip time (you could change weapon faster), and reload speeds, while maintaining the VS in the middle in terms of RoF and Alpha Damage.

But that's still not convincing.

The problem is the same since PS1, SOE chose a bipolar faction differientiating factor ("more dakka" vs "more BOOM"), and introduce 3 factions ......
    • Up x 2
  15. minhalexus

They need to bring in a new damage tier of 112.

TR should get 112, 125, and 143. (they will lose 167 weapons)
    VS should get 125, 143 and 167 (good condition)
    NC should get 143, 167 and 200 (will lose 125 damage weapons)

The 167 weapons of the TR should be revamped into 112 damage weapons with high RoF.
    NC should have its blitz revamped into a 143 damage weapon.

There will be an NS version of each damage tier, although they will be a clear cut downgrade from ES weapons.
    If TR gets a gun of 112@1000, then the NS version would be 112@900 with less accuracy and DPM.
    • Up x 1
  16. PastalavistaBB

I forgot to say it; but NC has actually 4 now:
    NC6 Gauss Saw
    AC-X11
    NC 9 A-Tross
    DMR Reaper
    • Up x 2
  17. Aegie

True, but accuracy is the combination of precision and reliability. While high damage/low ROF weapons may be high precision, they are low reliability. TR tend to be low precision high reliability and VS tend to be medium precision high reliability- a combination that I think does make VS, overall, more accurate.

It is also true that VS lack a bit in the damage per magazine, the only real downside, but they also tend to have the shortest reloads- hence why they really shine, relatively, with LMGs because the only real downside is mitigated by larger magazines. This is also why TR tends to be relatively meh with LMGs, one of the big strengths of TR (larger magazines and thus more damage per magazine) is somewhat neutralized in this category of weapons.
    • Up x 3
  18. MostlyClueless

I imagine NC will want 40 round Carbine/Assault rifle and 0.75x ADS LMG's in return.

Let's not do that.
    • Up x 4
  19. NCDaniel

No.
    • Up x 2
  20. Mongychops

What stat, or combination of stats give a weapon "reliability"? It seems a little vague to me.

I disagree on LMGs, The only VS LMGs that can be regarded as better than other factions are the Orion and SVA-88 because of being the only faction LMGs with 0.75x ADS movement. Remove that, and the VS would probably have the worst LMG line-up. All the other LMGs are unremarkable.