What is with the complete BS downtime warnings?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eddy, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddy

So, I just wasted 2 ******* hours doing an alert as TR on Miller EU, being about to win by 60%, and what happens with 12 minutes left on the alert?

"Server downtime in 5:00".

Thanks a ******* lot for wasting my ******* time, you guys are lame as ****.

Wonder how many players will be leaving now thanks to your new Implant BS, I certainly have one foot out the door already, and this "haha, denied" ******** you always do with DT 8 minutes before an alert ends is not helping.
  2. LibertyRevolution

• Up x 4
  3. Torok

Nothing new under the sun
    • Up x 1
  4. Eddy

Um, yeah, I've got a job and a ******* family to feed, I have other **** to do than spend all my days on forums, like other lepers of society and F2P freeloaders.

So yeah, getting a mail about it would have been very helpful.
    • Up x 1
  5. Spoprockel

[IMG]

Also, what Liberty said...
    • Up x 8
  6. OddChelsea

You still earned bonus exp the entire time thanks to the alert going on while you were playing unless you weren't even participating in it. You still played the game just like normal which should be enjoyable. Don't play the game for alerts, play it for fun. Expect possible downtimes and just be happy if you do win one. There's really no need to get upset about this.
  7. Kulantan

If you think that you "wasted" two hour because you didn't get the alert EXP then I hate to tell you; the time would have been wasted either way. Alert EXP isn't that big, particularly non-dominating.
  8. Moz

You have a mobile phone right?

Twitter app FTW.
    • Up x 1
  9. OddChelsea

I just don't understand how his time was in any way more wasted than by playing the game when an alert wasn't going on.
  10. Kulantan

If you sit around ghost capping the whole time so that your faction wins the alert. If you're doing that then you should be doing it out of duty to your faction, not exp because its terrible SPH.
  11. Eddy

It was wasted because I have a life and other **** to do, and I have to manage my play time to the second, so the 10000 XP I get from alerts helps me keep up with the unemployed kissless virgins that play this 24/7. How can you people not understand that?
  12. OddChelsea

An experienced player on a BR 1 alt can kill a BR 100 in most situations. Save for a stock lib fight and some tank fights. The problem here is you seem to think you're better than others when in fact you are not and gear or a higher BR isn't going to help that.
  13. FieldMarshall

If you dont care about taking 3mins reading up on when the servers go down then you pretty much get what you deserve for being lazy.

Im sure your family wont starve.
    You have time for PS2 but not 1-3mins to check announcements? Not even reading the top news on the launcher before clicking play?
    Im guessing you are making up bs excuses because you just noticed that your ragepost was your own fault.

Now you get to spend +30mins on the forum complaining instead, getting flamed and trolled for being an idiot.
    • Up x 1
  14. Regpuppy

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  15. SOE-MOD-03

This thread is non-constructive.

Thank you!
    ♥03
    • Up x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.