What is it with grenades?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by horrible sniper, May 19, 2014.

1. horrible sniper

Grenades, I've been in the community for a year and have been looking at Forums griping about Anti-air balance to ZOE but never grenades. My frustrations are the throwing distance and that moment when it bounces back at your face. Are they okay, or one of those things that no one talks about? What are your opinions on the subject?
  2. z1967

Its one of those things that everyone acknowledges that the problems exists but there is no point in beating the pulp of a dead horse. Kinda like decoy grenades lol (unless they fixed those).
  3. Revel

Because why throw a grenade when you can toss a brick of C4?
  4. hawken is better

What pisses me off the most is when you don't get a grenade indicator and then you just die instantly.
  5. GrymMSK

Longer range, less resources, stuff like that. There are some good grenades. Smoke works well, I hear good things about AV grenades, emp grenades are very useful, stickies dont bounce back so that's...cool. Concussions work relatively well too. Really its just frags, flashes, and decoys (maybe? not sure, haven't heard too much about them in a while) that need a bit of work. Its really noticeable because frags are the default grenades for EVERYTHING. I mean they can be useful kinda, but more for a distraction and annoy the enemy kind of thing, not the tradition role of a frag grenade. The AV grenade behaves like what most people expect the frag to behave like, whereas the frag grenades might tickle a few enemies that they land 2 or 3 feet from. They are, however, fantastic at accidental TKs, and that's all that really matters with a grenade ;) hahaha
  6. NyaR

There's nothing wrong with grenades what are you talking about?

• Up x 3