Is the CARV S worth it?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by IberianHusky, May 18, 2014.

1. IberianHusky

So I've been looking at the CARV S lately in the VR sim and Iove all the attachments it can get, but even with a grip and compensator that recoil is just too huge. Is this thing even worth using in actual combat?
  2. KnightCole

Carv-S...I auraxiamed the thing.

Overall, it seems ok.....not amazing, not a PoS.

I found it to be very controllable, esp with a Comp/Grip/x2 optic. Its a decent defensive weapon. Its a good attack gun if you find yourself getting the first chunk of damage.

It seems to lack overall in damage output. I got beat by slivers from guys who had faster firing weapons or something.

With Exmags its just a load of fun. Rush into a room and spray down everyone lol.

I dont think I would really recommend it over the stock CARV, but if you are looking for a new gun that is highly versatile and customizable then go for it. It is a jack of all trades weapon...
    • Up x 1
  3. Takoita

I think it is better than it previously was, although my favourite TR LMG is still TMG-50.

Be sure to use the 'try out' function to get a 30 minutes with the weapon; even if the mode does not allow for any attachements, it will likely help you to make up your mind.
  4. Obleko

It's a really good gun. We can compare it to T9 carv for example (which is really good too)
    -Better horizontal recoil
    -Better FSRM
    -Shorter reload
    -Access to nearly every attachments, including extended mag and softpoint ammo.

i have 2 loadouts for it :
    -2x, compensator, SPA or hva , Grip. Good for any range
    -1x, comp extended mag, SPA (quite strange i know, but give it a try). The recoil is still better than a CARV with forward grip, but there's basically no downtime. Perfect to push through a building or to hold an heavily contested capture points. Best weapon to play in squad IMO because of reliabilty. I think an heavy assault should put reliability above anything else.

But there's a problem. This gun is quite boring. Good, but boring. No weakness, but being able to fight at any range and having no downtime is not really entertaining.
  5. elementotrl

My experience with the gun so far has been that it gives up dps for effectiveness at long range. If you want a long range weapon or something you can put an extended mag on, I would pick it up.
  6. Littleman

The Carv-9s is the T16 Rhino: Hardmode Edition. You're either going to rock with it, or you won't. It's also pretty much the only LMG besides the T32 Bull that seems to see a buff every update.
  7. Mxiter

An average gun.

Not as accurate as the rhino or the TMG and don't kill as fast as MSW-R & the carv.
    It's more versatile than the rhino, but i found if less versatile than the TMG. (as good at close-mid range but less accurate at long range)

It became decent with the reload speed and the horizontal recoil buffs.

I auraxiumed it with X2 scope/grip/Comp/SPA.
    I tried the Extended mags for the fun (shooting non-stop during 17+ sec was looking fun) but i quicky gave up since it isn't able to hit anything past 15m or past the 5th bullet.

Not as good than 167/600 and others 143/698 LMGs thought.

It mostly worth it if you hunt auraxium, but don't really shines everywhere.

As mainly in front line playstile, i have more pain to auraxium the T16 atm.
  8. Planeswalker

You know what, I am not sure what to tell you about this gun.

Some days I am killing people left and right, other days I just cant seem to land any shots.

It is NOT a good "long range" option. It is neither a very good close quarter weapon. The regular CARV can actually do quite well even up close, you will still lose to shotguns and most smgs of course. However, from my experience, running 1x red dot sight, compensator, foregrip and SPA the time to kill at ranges around 15-20 metres just seem INCREDIBLE with this gun, more so than the regular CARV. That is the reason I play this gun. There is a big downside, and that is that the window of effectiveness of this gun is one of the smallest of any guns. But like I said, what draws me towards it is those.. WTF moments when u feel like u drop people at medium range in like 0,0001 sec.. of course u dont but when all your SPA bullets land with that around 700 RoF things do get nasty.

TLDR version
    Great medium range gun.. ranges 10-30 metres
    Just DO NOT get this gun for long range. Dont let attachments fool you. You will still suck at ranges 40(30)+ even with compensator and HVA.
  9. hawken is better

Was my most painful Auraxium. Don't go near it; stick to the CARV. Strange thing is, I have like 20% accuracy with the thing, yet I have a 30% headshot rate. I always felt like I was forced to go for headshots just to survive 1v1s.
  10. Chris Bingley

I think this sums it up pretty well.