Hossin Interlink Facility's - Were'd they go?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by SternLX, May 16, 2014.

1. SternLX

Been about 2 months since I checked out the Test server so today I popped on and had a look around. Then noticed something was missing. Interlink Facility's.

Seriously? That's messed up guys. New facility type and you just replace them with more Biodome or Amp Station rubbish?? Why?
  2. Regpuppy

They weren't going to be ready to launch with Hossin. Some performance issues involved with them and things have changed since they initially made them. So instead of holding Hossin back with them, they'll release Hossin first and finish fleshing out some of the bases later.
  3. Heyitsrobbie1984

sounds good. hope they make the interlink facility even more better looking than before :)
    • Up x 1
  4. M2_Bradley

They're too original.They had to be removed.
    • Up x 10
  5. Heyitsrobbie1984

LOL
  6. doombro

They weren't finished, and hossin is in very high demand at the moment. So they put interlinks on the backburner while they focus on getting hossin out ASAP.
    • Up x 1
  7. MangoPunch

Once they're ready they'll go back and add one or two back to Hossin, as well as the other continents.
  8. Peebuddy

Have they decided what benefit to owning a interlink will be yet?
  9. PWGuy93

Interlink facilities were what made Hossin awesome, putting the continent out without them is - in my opinion - a huge mistake and I personally suggest holding off on deploying Hossin until those are ready. Interlinks are perfect for infantry fights, will make biolabs look pale and boring in comparison. They have (I guess should state had) entrance points for vehicles and terrain surrounding them that was ideal for vehicle fights around and outside of these bases, multiple turrets on multiple levels for ESF deterrent, skybridges players could turn off... and on and on. These interlink facilities are - to me - what Hossin was all about. Launching the continent without them - in my view - will lead to more forum rage when they finally get around to adding them in.
    My reasoning behind this is how we've seen partial implementations added time and time again, then patchworks to make those function and remove some aspect that was overpowered or underperforming and we end up with the current Quartz Ridge which pleases very few players or the high walls of Esamir that traps players without catwalks or spawn rooms with teleports which place players only a few feet from the spawn room and doesn't solve underlying issues just "patches" some problem creating new ones. Instead of applying liberal amounts of bondo on the dent, why not fix the dent the right way and reshape the metal and hold off on Hossin until it and perhaps even the promised battles islands are ready and put everything out together as a whole, without bondo holding things in place and making it look pretty but not functional.