Warpgate TK issue. Is the report tool worth anything now ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Themixeur, May 14, 2014.

1. Themixeur

Hello everyone. I'm not sure my post really belongs here but I don't know where to go anywhere else so I'll post here. I'm a player on Cobalt and I come to you know in the name of my outfit (the 4NUT).

For three or four days now, there's been quite a bit of an issue on the TR warpgate (mostly on Amerish) in the name of EdwardRockfeller. He (assuming he's a he) is a TR soldier that is just about lvl 5 and has been continuously TKing all TR player spawning any kind of Vehicule and Infantry in the TR warpgate since the creation of his character.

I know the reason of the new damage state in the warpgate. Despite their questionnable interest, the warpgate are like what they are now, so we have to live with it. But something I would have loved to not see in the other hand, is the new team killing trend going on in all the WP across servers and factions. You can either hope everyone is going to be a good person and live happily in society or don't see the fact that the predictibility of the great spawn that is the warpgate is an open gate to any kind of bad behaviour.

EdwardRockfeller is just symptomatic to the major issue that the warpgate spawn had become. But, what's leading me here is the inneffectiveness that is the report system. The reports on that player has continued for more then 20 times, and nothing has been done yet. We, players, have one and only one mean to defend ourselves against that kind of violent offenders. Do we want to Tk them back ? I personnally don't. Do we want to live paranoid in the warpgate, even more when the warpgate is the only available spawn, say, for my prowler ? I don't.

So, my question and my question only is : do I have to take more lethal mesures to control the TR headless crowds living in the respective warpgate or will SOE and the prosieben team will act ?

I know that, as a Prosieben user, i would have to go through there forum, but the lack of response in there side is quite appauling so I'll go through here, regardless of my lack of english skill (apologize for that).

One more thing : the player page of the one I mentionned earlier to make you understand to what extremity the game as made us suffer, through what was going to be a small problem at first sight.
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428201940303422417/killboard

In hope my message will be heard in some way.
    Regards, Themixeur, Cobalt
  2. Paragon Exile

I've been killed in the Warpgate once, by accident :D

But I understand how that could suck. Make sure you plant C4 outside the spawn tubes, and wait for him to spawn. You know the rest.
  3. Leftconsin

On Connery TR we have a guy that has been doing this for months. I just checked his killboard and half his recent kills were TKs. Personally he has C4'd my MAX or Lightning 5 times over the last few months.

I'm sorry for your pain. Buckle up, you're in for a long and bumpy ride.
  4. CupofFriedGold

It does seem to be happening a lot more often. This guy got me today and quite a few others.

If they're in an outfit, I report them to their outfit command as that's more effective. Usually it's just a BR 1 like this guy and I avoid him or kill him. It's not ideal but at least I have 15 seconds or so to use a terminal without him them killing me.

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428201940315255969/killboard
  5. NC_agent00kevin

Take a screenshot of the killboard; send it to the GMs via website report. I dont trust in game report to do anything.

Im pretty sure a guy got banned for repeatedly teamkilling me and made a new NC toon - then shot me yesterday in the warpgate. I was out repairing a Reaver and he drove by, casually swung the turret my way and blasted me and my Reaver into oblivion. He then later killed me about 6 more times with a Viper Lightning as I tried to play. I did C4 him once so I didnt report it....yet. I dont think they do anything if you retaliate.

I do know I never saw the dude before and never did anything to tick him off. He was a Br 18 and is in an Outfit with a guy that is a known teamkiller and holds a grudge...myeself having problems with him in the past.
  6. Ronin Oni

I had someone start shooting me in WG.

I spun and killed them, then went about on my way swapping my kit and grabbing my Scythe.

TKers are just another enemy in my mind, no big deal. They bleed and die like any other.
  7. 7 Drunk Midgets

What was his name?
  8. Leftconsin

Sorry. Its against the CoC for these forums.

• Naming/Accusing - Openly accusing another player or group of misbehavior results in non-constructive discussion and is not allowed. You may discuss the type of behavior at issue, but specifically naming individuals or groups is not allowed. In cases of exploiting, harassment or other violations of conduct, please submit a ticket to Customer Service for investigation.
  9. Jeslis

No. Reporting TK'rs does nothing because they believe this is some sort of PVP game with a *pvp resolution*.

The day I believe the report tool actually does something, is the day I receive an email stating that *such and such name* has been banned because in part of my report.

Until then, it's a waste of breath... Breath I apprently keep futile-y wasting, but still a waste.
  10. 7 Drunk Midgets

I see. Regardless, the problem still exists and will probably do so indefinitely. I don't find harm in disabling friendly fire only within the confines of the warpgate, as that would mitigate the issue. As for outside the warpgate, I consider habitual TK'ers a non issue. I either move to a different battle or plug a RAMS round into their head until they get angry and leave.
  11. Hypersot

This shouldn't be the way to deal with this problem though. TK is the main reason I abandoned the game for months.

It gets quickly quite annoying having anyone "friendly" shooting you down for no reason at all.
    I have been shot down while on my radar-flash, while on my skyguard, have been c-4ed , ran over, etc. etc. ... and all intentionally

there was a time when a guy was shooting everyone in the spawn room because, according to his opinion, no-one should stay in the spawnroom... doesn't matter that I caught a breath after of 12hrs continuous fighting, .. nope.

After said incident I submitted my real life details to SOE and I demanded that this person should be dealed with as he doesn't have the right to dictate how we play the game we love and tbh I have had enough.... Well, of course, nothing happened.

This is really my #1 problem with the game, with #2 being the spawncamping
  12. DerUnf4ssbare

you could send your problem to sony, i think happytohelp@soe.com is the adress.
    if that doesnt help, maybe send john smedley a mail.
    he made it clear more than once that he has no patience for people disturbing the peace in "his" game.
    i was thinking about it, too, as the tking problem is the same in the miller vs gates.
  13. VexTheRaven

I've been away for quite some time, can somebody explain to me why allowing friendly fire in warpgates now is supposed to be a good idea?
  14. Morti

After a patch friendly fire immunity in warp gates and the VR was causing a bug that would allow some players to go anywhere, in any vehicle, with full immunity to everything.
  15. VexTheRaven

So rather than fix it, they had to remove the feature. Such intelligence.
  16. lothbrook

Thats basically how they fix everything, people strapping C4 to 25 resource flashes and killing tanks? Quadruple the cost of the flash, don't nerf C4, problem not solved, its still done often, lol.
  17. Llamar

Implying it was worth something before?
  18. Codex561

100 resources for to kill a friendly infantry unit? Ill pass.
  19. Levtech

I will agree the people who do it on purpose are a problem but when BR 1s do it thats SOE's fault for not teaching newbies how to play the game. I think you should be able to fire on allies in the warpgate but it'll give you the do not enter symbol/sound and not damage the ally. Maybe even a message, too.
  20. Paragon Exile

Sweet, sweet revenge is worth every nanite
    • Up x 1