Gauss SPR no longer viable with health regen implant

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by applecherry, May 15, 2014.

1. applecherry

I have spend considerable amount of time with this semi auto sniper rifle and have achieved the most kill in it among all the server (checked in dasanfall, april 2014) This is tested with the health regen tier 2 and tier 3 implant. Take note that this gun has only 10 ammo in a single magazine, a very slow rate of fire, below average bullet velocity and scope sway. Currently , this gun is already pushing the limit of the operator, requiring so many bullet to kill.

1) Heavies - Currently live status require 6 shot kill at min damage range with overshield.
    - WIth health regen implant, now require 7 out of 10 bullet to kill
    2) Light assault/engineer - Currently live status require 4 shot kill at min damage
    - With health regen implant, now require 5 out of 10 bullet to kill
    3) Medic - Currently live status require 4 shot kill at min damage without activating aoe heal
    - WIth health regen implant and aoe heal activated concurrently, require 5/6 shot kill? Do they stack?

I started this game quite a long time ago, and I really enjoy the journey through the game. Recently, the difficulty of the game is getting toned down alot. I have also not seen the old players since the old days anymore. Maybe it time for me to "retire" and let the newer player take over.
    • Up x 1
  2. applecherry

3. z1967

Yeah, Regen in it's current state should not even dare think about hitting live.
    • Up x 4
  4. TheFamilyGhost

Interesting that you would bemoan the game getting easier while referencing the people who may be most responsible for it.
  5. Tommyp2006

Last I checked on the test server, regen takes the same 12 seconds to activate that NAR does. I don't really see how it will have an effect on direct 1v1 engagements, they usually last much less time than that.
    • Up x 5
  6. z1967

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.
  7. Flashtirade

why would you even use the spr in the first place
  8. Posse

Doesn't the regen implant work in the same way the nanite auto regen works for vehicles? If that's the case I don't see how it would change anything at all for 1v1s.
  9. GlueHead

• Up x 1
  10. applecherry

Obviously, you have never used the spr at medium to long range, shooting at strafing and running targets. It is inevitable to miss a few shots. What you are implying is only applicable for automatic weapon at close quarter and short-medium range where it can take even less than 3s to kill. Moreover, it is possible to activate it before hand.
  11. KAHR-Alpha

If you're missing your target for 12 seconds you're probably not going to get that kill anyway, unless your target is completely braindead/has no idea what "cover" means. Also the shield itself will start regenerating after that long.
    • Up x 3
  12. Posse

Not to mention you can just use a medikit.
    • Up x 4
  13. Grammar Police

This thread contains no spelling/grammatical errors, good job!

To actually comment, will this implant work while you are getting damaged?
    • Up x 2
  14. Tommyp2006

no, it works the same way NAR does on vehicles.
  15. z1967

Hopefully it won't, but they have a week to change it until it is released. I do recall seeing a video where the new shield regen device and the Regen III implant allowed you to instantly regenerate health whilst under fire or in a slight lull in the fire fight. For weapons with high alpha, low DPS like the Gauss SPR this could completely throw off the TTK for the weapon.

On a sidenote, you are now my new favorite account here. Please, do not ever leave.
    • Up x 1
  16. Grammar Police

Unless given a reasonable timer, I imagine a lot of people will start playing peek-a-boo in and out of cover. If this was indeed the case, the bullets to kill would be the same. Either you or Apple (watch out for those capital letters) are incorrect
  17. Tentakewls

All high magnification semi autos are already obsolete, I don't see how the implant changes it in any way.
  18. KnightCole

Hows it work? Is it like instant and always on Medic heal aura?
  19. Reavx

Hello Apple Cherry , I remember you from that stat page too because I am number 2 (last time i worked it out) :)

Much respect to ya haha did I see you posting on ESO forums as well recently? maybe wasent you.

Anyway since i am the '2nd' person with SPR kills I'd like to weigh in and agree.

Semi auto's have a place in the right hands (shame almost always people lean more to the BAR's ((including me recently)))
    However with these poorly thought out game mechanics it will always mess with that sort of system making it one extra bullet or more to kill.

That is ********. No stupid 'implant' should make you have that much extra survial in the heat of combat.
    If anything it should be a shield type effect, you start reginging you hp around 10 sec after you got hit but not before unless you spend your resources by using a health pack.

What do you run with your SPR apple? Suppresor or no?
    I tend to swap it out and in when I can.
    Though I did find my self using the rail jack alot more recently.. maybe I should go back to SPR :)...
  20. GerryAtric

FTFY. You may need to head back to the academy for some more training.