TR Weapon Arsenal Revamp

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheShrapnelKing, May 13, 2014.

1. TheShrapnelKing

More "servicable" than actually "good". The TBR might be good at mid range but the TAR should start suffering outside of close range.
    The NC will have their own answer to rapid ROF TR guns in CQB, but this thread isn't about my NC ideas.
  2. Epic High Five

TR have and are having developed further a pretty good faction identity at the moment I think

It's the poor Vanu who are left holding the short straw, as their faction trait seems to be, "it's effective, I guess? :shrug:"

I wouldn't change a thing about the NC. 200 at 500rpm is plenty enough relative to all the other guns and the game doesn't need a full-auto battle rifle damage tier gun.
    • Up x 1
  3. TheShrapnelKing

All the changes I'm making that everyone ******* about being overpowered or killing to fast are, in fact, a direct result of my ideas for new VS weapons which, being high-tech sci-fi guns, would be quite powerful and require equally powerful weapons from the other factiosn to compensate. The obvious retort is "don't make the VS weapons so powerful" but then I have to fall back on making VS guns resemble modern weapons in some ways, which to me defeats the point of having alien tech scifi guns.
  4. Epic High Five

The VS had ZOE for 6 months. Let them fester a bit more imho
  5. vulkkan

Yes yes, buff my CARV to 2000 RPM with Shredder-style bullets and a 500 round mag. Also give it a fixed 0.1 cone of fire in both hipfire and ADS; ADS should buff move speed to 2.0x, and velocity should be 1092739841 m/s because red goes faster. Both vertical and horizontal recoil values should be buffed to 0.00 because our well-oiled military has lots of oil, and oil makes things smoother. Also, my striker should get 10 150mm HE rounds stolen from the collapsed vanguards of our enemies and also be dumbfire-capable, and my pistol should be a Vulcan buffed to 0.03 fixed COF.

To balance this out, buff the lasher to a PPA with an RPM of 1999 (so it's just below glorious Terran values) and give the NC shotguns that shoot 150 pellets made of trees, because trees > bullets.
  6. TheFamilyGhost

I would like to say that too, but it is clear that by the language used, it is all about JEM.

Who's definition of fun? That is the main issue, arguing for what we see as fun, not the other guy's.

Weapons performing per a set of physical rules regardless of who is crying is the only long-term solution.
  7. SavageBacon

The only real revamp I'd like to see in the infantry arsenal (striker aside) is a re-examination of the faction trait. Why does TR get high rof, lower damage, and random recoil when other factions has a competitive rof weapon with neither of these detriments. I guess we get bigger clips, but longer reload.... I'd honestly take longer reload for a more consistent shot pattern.
  8. z1967

Well an example of lopsided fun is the rocket launcher primary. On the launcher end of it, another kill and you avoided death. However, the guy on the end of that rocket felt cheaped out of a good gunfight because he was OHKed in close range. A fun experience for both users could be weapons like the MCG or knife parties. Weapons that don't leave the recipient cheaped out and the user has fun are fun weapons.

However, you do have a point that all weapons should have a standard system as to how they would perform based on weapon class, user, and intended recipient. I guess the standard of that should be the default weapons but then what would the default weapons be held to. Meh, it is an interesting idea it just needs a method of delivery that is doable.
  9. NC_agent00kevin

Isnt that what people crying about TR weapons want?
  10. SavageBacon

I don't think asking for competitive yet TR distinct weapons is asking for OP, but when you have things like NC/VS medic ARs with comparable stats to a TR carbine in CQC, I don't think TR are out of line to be like ???
  11. LIKE A BOSS!

I will support all of this if I get a parallax with 0 drop and 1000m/s and a No bullet drop Vanu MAgrider cannon with a 700m/s velocity. And to top it off I want my old PRE-PRE-PRE-Nerf ZOE.
  12. IamDH

Because when the URL changes people change?
  13. Udnknome

Actually yes. The up-vote, down-vote process on reddit pushes relatively unhelpful posts to the bottom... or some crap. I don't know, I don't really use reddit, their forum design is confusing to me. The devs do interact more there than here, that's a fact. Their reasons are their own.

The prior statement however, is still true of the factions on these forums for the most part. It amazes me that it has persisted despite how much the game and player base has changed since PS1, but there it is.
  14. Tommyp2006

Don't you dare complain about other faction's assault rifles compared to ours.
  15. IamDH

Well most useless posts here are removed or severely criticized by the community. I find it hard to believe that the devs go to reddit because they have a downvote button
  16. TheFamilyGhost

Its not lop-sided fun. Its reality. Got killed by a weapon? Get over it. That's what weapons do.

And here lies the main problem with having weapons perform per an immutable set of laws: the community isn't mature enough to hack it.
  17. z1967

Yeah, but this is Planetside and we already have ARMA and Project Reality. Weapons already kill and we don't need any more weapons that kill instantly or cheesily. Honestly, with your style of balancing so many weapons would remain blatantly over powered such as the 5 hit lolpods and the render range AV turret.

True though, some parts of the community want everything nerfed :|
  18. TheFamilyGhost

Your use of "lolpods" exposes your demographic. You're with the JEM crowd. Its OK, just know that the big boys want a game that is interesting, not one where one can go onto the forums and argue their way out of an in-game challenge.
  19. z1967

Nah, lolpods is just faster to type than rocketpods. And I use them (occasionally). Banshee is better for me since I can mag dump and leave without having to slowly dump out all of my limited rockets. And I get AB, for free :}

They are just terms that are used by the community and for me it is faster type. aside from that, lolpods are horrible once you figure out how to use the AI nose gun.
  20. D3GGEY

1200 RPM @ 500 damage...

Not borked at all. Carry on :p