Vanu, I love Coyotes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Verviedi, May 11, 2014.

1. Verviedi

The rage generated by me killing pros with them is hilarious. 10/10 would buy again. However, I was thinking of getting some upgrade for them. What should I get?
  2. Wobulator

Reload speed?
  3. IamnotAmazing

cert your ab pods :)
  4. XXBLACKATTACKXX

cert reload speed and ammo capacity
    Reload speed first.
    Enjoy your rage tells
  5. Verviedi

Thanks.
    • Up x 1
  6. Llaf

They will be nerfed so I'm going to say... nothing.
  7. Verviedi

Sales are too High for them to be nerfed right now. How would they nerf them anyway? I can do the exact same DPS with my nosegun.
  8. SushiCW

People keep saying this, but I have yet to see any evidence.
  9. IamnotAmazing

they aren't, despite everyone saying they are far too good and I'd guess that they "overperform" in the stats soe doesn't see to think so
  10. GaBeRock

They will be, because coyotes alone out dps most nosegun users, so people have started using them with AI noseguns to farm infantry while making themselves immune to skill. If a loadout that increases versatility outperforms a specialized loadout like ab+nosegun, it will be nerfed. It could be an indirect nerf though, like ab tanks being required to have afterburner fuel at all.
  11. GaBeRock

Juat think of how much you'd rage if pros started using them against you though. You'd be severely outclassed in skill and with an identical loadout, and therefore get owned every time. At least nosegun duels are fun, win or lose.
    • Up x 1
  12. IamnotAmazing

that'd be nice, or buff the living hell out of ab tanks
  13. Silkensmooth

Coyotes are super lame. They ruin the game for me and for many others. End of story. Thanks for reading.
  14. entrailsgalore

I get rage tells almost daily of how much I am a n00b because I use them. The funny thing is, I only get the tells if I kill them. If I don't, and they kill me, then I don't hear anything and they go about their business. Same with Lock on A2As, I have max reload speed unlocked, and people still call me a n00b when they die to my 2 or 3 rockets. I know not everyone likes them, but it is a choice for each player to decide how they play the game with the currently available tools. I always found it dumb to play a game, and not be allowed to use a certain class, weapon, skill, armor, shield, item, etc because other people don't like it.

To me it is like bringing a knife to a gun fight and saying " be a real man, fight with a knife!" or "be a real man, fight with one hand behind your back, like the rest of the pros!". Limiting yourself for the sake of limiting yourself. I understand the air game is different now than it was in Beta, but things change. Games change. Are you going to be stuck on how the game was in Beta 5 years from now? I can definitely fly with a nose gun and boosters no problem, but that is not fun to me.

I don't play Planetside 2 because I want to get super serious, I play it because I want to enjoy myself. Having 4 different weapon load outs for my Scythe, with only one of them having Coyotes equipped, is fun to me. I like variety and don't want to be stuck using one of two weapons. I mean, what is the difference between that and maxing out hover chassis, or Fire Suppression, or Fuel pods, or Nose gun Ammo capacity, or reload speed? Those all give you an advantage in some way or another over a stock setup, why is that ok to do, but using coyotes not ok? Yes they are dumb fire. But they aren't an Aim Bot. You still have to lead the missiles the same way you would with rocket pods, only they will lock on if they are really close to your target, but do a bit less damage.

Mind you, I don't always use Coyotes, I still use "Lolpods" half the time, but even if I did use coyotes all of the time... That is my prerogative given to me and others by SOE themselves. If you have a problem with it, don't get mad at me, as I am only playing the game normally, take it up with SOE themselves. That is all I am saying.

I read how pilots want a "balanced" air game all the time, and I get it. But do you REALLY want a balanced air game? Then every pilot from all factions should be flying ONE ESF with the same stats as everyone else. Nothing can be certed, so it is a stock ESF with uncerted boosters and just the stock nose gun. NOW you have a balanced Air game, everyone has the same advantage as everyone else. But that is boring, and that is not how things work in real life, as different militaries have technological advantages over other militaries. The US military, as others, uses lock on missiles on a daily basis on all Fighter Jets that are in service, are they also "n00bs" ? Besides, individual player skill, and the ability to overcome adversary, should always be the only advantage you ever need in any game, imo.

REAL professional gamers do not care what advantages their enemies may have, because you can be armed to the teeth, and they will still kill you with just a stick. That is what makes them pro, not that they set player made limits for themselves and expect everyone else to follow those made up guidelines. That is just a load of frak.
    • Up x 3
  15. McToast

Moin
    I respect your opinion and I don't blame the people using lock-ons or coyotes, I blame SOE for implementing that ********.
    But to your quote; REAL professional gamers don't play a casual game like PS2. Because the skill ceiling is not high enough. Once you got used to the scale of combat there isn't much room for further improvement, the skill gap between the average player and a "pro" is relatively small (compared to competitives games such as CS, quake or UT). In CS I would beat the hell out of 5 below average players, in PS2 there is a good chance that I am dead after I killed two or three of them.
    That's not necessarily a bad thing for a game, but it certainly doesn't make it competitive in any way.
    • Up x 2
  16. Verenz

Ease of use = fine with me.

Effective DPS output even when not even having an A2A nosegun equipped = outrageous.

However they pale in comparison to A2AM's. PALE!!!
  17. entrailsgalore

I understand what you are saying, which is why we should just stop calling Veteran pilots "pro's". They are heavily experienced, and there are a ton of good pilots, and non pilots that play this game. But having played CSS in CAL matches back in the day against real pros, what you are saying is valid. And based on that, it seems invalid to me for someone to say " I am pro because I choose to only use a nose gun, and you are a noob because you don't choose the same thing. In my eyes, you are pro if you can kill everything in the sky with any weapon, and regardless of what weapons everyone else is using. That was my main point.
  18. \m/SLAYER\m/

i saw only VS with a2a missiles flying on Cobalt, maybe because it's more difficult to fly Scythe, than other ESF