Video card shuts off and comes back.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Volton, May 10, 2014.

1. Volton

Hey i have a issue with this game only where my video card just shuts down, then after about 30 seconds it comes back up. I have not seen any error messages and it is totally random. Sometimes i can play all night and not have it happen.

Intel I7- 4820K 3.70
    8 Gig DDR3
    GTX 680
  2. TeknoBug

It occured with my 760 but not the 750Ti and 770, I think it's the video driver and is being widely complained about on these forums.

Did you set the power preference to maximum performance in the Nvidia panel?
  3. Volton

Well i will try and see if that helps. Thanks
  4. Tron20

Which version of the Nvidia drivers are you using? there are issues with the latest drivers. Personally I find 331.82 work fine with PS2 and my GTX770, but anything past 332.21 cause my game to black screen/freeze, sometimes come back, other times reboot my PC.
  5. Furn

It's nvidias drivers, not on your end. Version 331.82 is the only driver that works properly and the reason why I quit playing for now. I'm not going to downgrade my drivers.
  6. BlackDove

Lol why not downgrade them? Im still using 314.22.

Id do a clean install of 331.82. Had the black screen driver crash a lot until the recent patch. I think its been mostly fixed for old drivers.
  7. Furn

I'm not downgrading because I play other many games that run fine with new drivers.
  8. CaliBased

so if i downgrade to 332.21 i will lose this issue?
  9. HellasVagabond

Drivers, insufficient power and overheating are the three possible reasons for that issue.
  10. TomoB

Yepp Nvidia messed up their drivers again.
  11. BlackDove

Those sucked. Use the 331.82s.

Check for malware as well. Bitcoin miners and the rootkits that hide them can give blue and black screen issues so rule them out as well as changing drivers.
  12. CaliBased

this computer im on is BRAND NEW. malware cannot be a possibility. my video driver is just not stable. i am currently running the beta 337.50
  13. BlackDove

If youre on a forum posting or on the internet on legit websites these days its possible. Youtube and skype were both serving malware in 2014.

Ruling things out is essential if you want to figure out whats broken.

Do a custom clean install of the 331.82 drivers and configure them as my thread describes.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ttings-for-ps2-as-well-as-other-games.171010/
  14. sjtw_w_stot

You should expect "bugs" in anything Beta. Get back to stable driver releases for a start.