ESF Ambush Loadout - Coyotes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by STLYoungblood, May 7, 2014.

1. STLYoungblood

2. IamnotAmazing

I'd use the stock nosegun to have some effectiveness at range, but that's me
  3. Easir

I'll have to use this strategy when I buy coyotes, thanks for the video and I look forward to more!
  4. Inex

Just a thought about your musings at 4:10 - you don't suppose that ambushing ESFs at the warp gate might be why the air game is slow? I know I've had my own share of "I should try an ESF again" turn to burning wreckage 30 seconds later and remind me why I haven't touched the air game in 3 months.
    • Up x 1
  5. Silkensmooth

Air game is slow because people don't like being cheesed by coyotes and almost all of the good pilots have quit.

Now air can be like every other part of the game, a big zergfest where you dont really even have to aim at things.
  6. IamnotAmazing

I heard that the new assault rifles were going to have a "close enough" mechanic as the coyotes have sold so successfully!
  7. Ziogatto89

Needlers! Woohoo!

8. Inex

Wait... air game is slow because the good pilots quit? All 20 of them? And it has nothing to do with the fact the thousands of other players in the game don't bother touching ESFs because there's quite literally no point to the air terminal even existing for them?

Also, what game are you playing that air is a 'zergfest'? I see big outfit air ops maybe a couple of times a day. If we ever get to the day where you can pull an ESF as easily as you can pull a Light Assault, then you can use the word 'zerg' in relation to the air game.
  9. GaBeRock

People don't bother pulling ESFs because theyr'e lazy. If they were to actually practive flying in VR, then they could learn without getting stomped on by cheese like coyotes and lockon squads. The problem is, since coyotes/nosegun are strictly better than nosegun/ab for killing air right now, flying is pay 2 win so people are disouraged from playing ESFs.
  10. Inex

When I pull and ESF I'm not worried about coyotes. Or squads (lockon or otherwise). My worry is that BR100 that's been scouring the skies for the last 20 minutes trying to find something to kill. They don't need any particular weapon to kill me. Most of the time I don't even see them; the only reason I know it was a pilot is the ESF on my death screen.

When I'm playing infantry, that's no problem. I can respawn, try a different attack angle and maybe catch them by surprise, or at low health, or checking their K/D. In the air though? It's just "Congrats on spending all those air resources! See you in 14 minutes when your timer is up, assuming you've earned enough for another run."

But hey, the resource revamp might solve some of those problems for me. I'd say "I'll see you in the skies", but you'll quit when that happens so I'll be sure to double-enjoy it for you.
  11. EvilKoala

I keep hearing how all the pilots are leaving because of this and that.. yet the skies are never empty.. hmm..
  12. Burevestnik

It's because people flying now aren't pilots. They are lockoneers.

Honestly now there are a lot more people flying. Granted of lower skill but there are more people flying overal. Out of aces on the server all are present and accounted for and since few of them started dabbling in the infantry/tank farm their A2A skills have obviously deteriorated somewhat to a point where even a non skilled player like me flying has taken note.
  13. EvilKoala

Ah, so there are plenty of pilots after all, they're just not playing the way you want them to play. Got it..
  14. GaBeRock

Oh, I have no intention of quitting. If SOE fails to nerf coyotes, I'll just grab some myself. The thing is, I do run in airsquads, so if you got to my server there'll be yet another source of ganking in the skies. Plus, since it sounds like you're a solo player, you'll never have the chance to get better, because with coyotes, after a point, it's not about skill, it's about numbers. Just like the ground game. Lets hope having left click adventures in mid air will be as fun as having them on the ground.
  15. GaBeRock

Nope, they're gunners, not pilots. Pilots dogfight. Gunners move their mouse and left-click.
  16. EvilKoala

If you want to be semantic about it one could argue that pilots fly craft that obey the laws of physics, thus there are no pilots in PS2. Or I could make up any other arbitrary requirement to fit my meaning of the term.
  17. GaBeRock

Mine wasn't intended to be a rational, logical outlash, but an emotional outburst at the coyote pilots who make flying completely unfun.
  18. EvilKoala

Fair enough. But everyone suffers in this game. Ground pounders hate aircraft, esfs hate lock ons, libs hate esfs.. Welcome to hard counter rock, paper, scissor balancing.
  19. GaBeRock

What balancing? Coyotes/nosegun straight up outclass nosegun/ab at dogfighting, with no asymetric counters. Eventually, all the old, good pilots will cave in an just use coyotes, so we'd ba right back to good pilots destroying new pilots, but no one gets to have as before the introduction of coyotes because old-fashined nosegun hoverfights would no longer exist. Plus, even more people get put off the airgame because they need a 1000 cert upgrade, on top of all the vehicle upgrades, to do anything.
  20. EvilKoala

If its really that bad, I wouldn't worry.. They'll catch a nerf and they'll become useless. A while ago it was the A2A lock on missiles everyone hated. Now no one even talks about them because no one uses them.