Anyone else seriously bored with this game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Desann, May 9, 2014.

1. rumblepit

Just looked it up. 42,000,000$ raised by gamers...This is how bad players want good finished product "OPEN YOUR EYES".To bad SOE blew it.It will be one of the most expensive games ever created .I invested into Star Citizen,over 500$ atm.I would have been happy to invested into ps2 if we were guaranteed a finish product.
  2. Jalek

More probably would if SOE actually had a link to the installer on a webpage.
    PS1 Launcher
    Being free for everyone isn't helpful if they can't find the game.
    • Up x 1
  3. Beeman

You mean like the official Planetside website?
  4. Jalek

I didn't see it linked in the list of games off the SOE page. The SOE and Sony links on that page link back to itself as well. I still think the website is trash.
  5. Beeman

I don't disagree with you, the website is definitely some primitive madness. But it does let you download the client and it is just planetside.com so...should be pretty easy for anyone interested in Planetside 1 to find it >.>
  6. ironeddie

In some ways the devs have been unlucky. They've had massive set backs with having to re design the maps to change from hex to lattice and with the time they had to spend on optimisation. Had that those things not needed to happen we would have already had hoissin and much more immersion content. Now I say that's bad luck but you could argue it's poor management.

I also of late question the f2p model. I've been a long time fan of f2p. But if this game was subscription only then for one none of the devs would have to work on creating new weapons to sell. They could all have been focused on more meaningful content.

I think the set backs this game suffered in its first year will prevent it from ever achieving it's full potential.
  7. uhlan

I enjoy PS2 despite the myriad problems that plague the game. From the code issues to the player base problems.

After a year though, I don't see much happening on the dev front. We haven't had anything new really. It's far easier to throw out some NS weapons since that way there doesn't have to be any faction differentials or "balancing" issues to contend with.

I really think they thought the player studio would take over by now and certain things would be set to auto for the game. Like simple game content reskins to create a little income for SOE and a little flavor for the player base. They haven't been able to get beyond helmets or camos thus far or even included people outside of NA for many complicated reasons.

Hossin has been in developement for as long as the game has been out and still isn't live. Most people realize as well that a new continent isn't the answer to the game's problems and will just add to the "emptiness" already felt on several servers.

Since there isn't an ounce of depth to the game, most folks are having a harder and harder time justifying spending time in game let alone a fairly useless membership. Since that membership is really a "donation" system since it isn't required to do anything and the "advantages" don't amount to much as far as gameplay is concerned.

I hate to say it, but I wonder who's left in the dev department that isn't tied up with working on other projects. PS2 isn't the new baby and hasn't been for over a year.

I can tell the PS2 folks are trying to make PS2 playable and worthwhile, but I don't think SOE sees it as important any longer and are taking a "make do" approach.

The focus is on their other products atm.
  8. Decelexevi

There might be 100 people in the world that have invested more time than me. I'm not bored.
  9. HellasVagabond

I get bored easily.....I got bored with the original as well so although i was playing since beta i never really played more than 4-5 months in total.....I am bored of PS2 too but i play once or twice a week since it's free so it's ok..... :)
  10. DramaticExit

If I was bored of the game, I would simply go do something else - not tell everyone that I'm bored with it.

Furthermore, I often find the people who get bored are those who kinda play the game to excess. Let me explain...

I love rock climbing. It's something in which I find absolutely and totally engaging. I'll happily spend hours trying to figure my way through some nasty technical bouldering problem. However, I have limited time to actually do this, and often finding really good climbing means I'll have to drive a pretty significant distance across country. Coupled with the uncertain nature of the british weather sometimes making climbing impossible (seriously, you don't want to be half way up a long multi-pitch when it's lashing it down with rain and blowing a gale), means that I can only do this occasionally...

But that is a good thing.

If I climbed all day every day, I would get bored of it. My mind would become distinterested in repeating the same activity over and over. Sure, I might be getting better at it faster, but doing one thing constantly is never a good way of maintaining a long term interest in it. In short, the more you do something, the faster you're going to get bored with it.

Because I cannot go rock climbing all the time, my interest in it remains high. I take the opportunities I can to go climbing, but circumstance ensures that I can never climb so much it becomes repetative and dull.

With something more convenient, like playing videogames, the frequency with which you play has to be self enforced. If I spent all my time playing Planetside, I would doubtless get bored of it. As it is, I play a few hours in a week, and therefore I maintain my long term enjoyment of the game. My interest is extended over a longer time-frame as a result of not gorging myself on it in the short term.

Can you imagine eating nothing but pizza for a month? You'd never want to see another pizza again, even if you loved pizza to begin with.
  11. ImANoob

OK I have a few reasons:
    • not enough new or interesting content
    • they nurf the good stuff rather than buff the crap stuff (making everything crap to use)
    • I main as TR and our empire specific weapons are useless as there is a NS weapon that does the same job better
    • my fps has been steadily getting worse with each update
    • the extended downtime is starting to get ridiculous
    • pop balance is so boring and ultimately ruins fights
    • zergs win everything and zergs are boring as hell
    • there is no progression in this game, after lvl 15 you cant unlock anything new so what's the point in lvling to lvl 100?
    • a few things ive bought with my SC has been nurf'd which is quiet annoying you buy something then a little later they make it **** but you don't get a refund? makes very little sense.
  12. Yaesu

Sorry to say this, but yes. After spending SC on weapons just to have them nerfed to total junk. Being killed with 1 to 3 shots from a pistol or shotgun, after unloaded better than 20 shots into them. Infiltrators run AMUCK, which is really ruining the game. Nobody doing anything about it.........

YES! It's getting old really quick.
  13. ImANoob

thats actually a very good point, i play soccer and i love it but recently i have thought about not playing for the summer due to the ammount of have played this year (i played for my college and a club team) so maybe thats another reason i find the game to be boring me although i havent played much the last few weeks due to college exams but i still cant really play it for much longer than an hour and i gotta get off
  14. raw

IMO too much time is spend on balance, instead of implementing systems that help create a proper metagame.

Also, if there is single design decision that is massively bringing the entire game down it is allowing one man to drive and shoot a tank.
  15. Nerp

All games get boring. Everyone needs to take a break eventually. I can't even begin to understand how some people can play the same game for a year and not get bored, however, when you do finally get bored, just go and play something else. Don't go making a big fuss out of something that's normal.

Eventually you'll probably feel like coming back ( Or you won't, who knows ), and you'll come back and find the game fun again.
  16. VonStalin

Actually this is why battlefield is more fun to play. Because there is an actual reason to capture points - to win, and thats really good motivational background. There is no win in Planetside2, as soon as you realize it (~200hours of gameplay) you get bored. Alerts does not help, they are too big to feel important in such scale and they start without resetting bases before. Thats why so many players are not paying any attention to alerts at all.

This game needs some kind of RPG style missions or something.
  17. Tuco

It's routine because you approach a base from the same angle every time, the spawn point is in the same place every time, the enemy perches on the other side at the same place every time, and the place to camp is in the exact same place every time.

Too bad we don't have the PS1 AMS, PS1 mines, PS1 spitfires, PS1 motion detectors; every battle is different. (the fixed spawn points are of secondary importance with the PS1 AMS spawn)
  18. Noppa

Bored .. yeah from time to time, but that is normal for me when i play any game longer period of times, nothing few month break doesn't fix :)
  19. Negator

131000 certs gained. totally not bored. bared finished a single character .

Join an outfit and make up your own meta, its like a whole new game. stop being that lonewolf with a sense of entitlement.
  20. ARIES666

I'm bored of this game but i don't see any fps shooter like planetside 2. I wait eternal crusade very much to erase already this laggin bug game with server disconnect at any time. This is not a professional approach to product that soe created.