What are the Absolute Best Graphics settings - as of May 2014

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Gwarh, May 8, 2014.

1. Gwarh

I am looking to find the most up to date and accurate list of settings/values for the "useroptions.ini" file to get the best possible graphics out of the game. Imagine if CPU and GPU power were of no concern, what values would you set all the options in the useroptions.ini file to?

Over the course of the game there have been many many threads on this subject, most of which hold contradictory or out of date info. This isn't helped by the Game makers themselves having some "Ultra" settings use a value of "0". other Ultra settings "2" or "5". I wish it was as simple as "higher numbers = better graphics" but it doesn't work that way sadly. All in all very confusing and at times frustrating.

Now perhaps my Google Fu is weak but I've not found anything from the last few months on the topic, so if anyone knows of a link with this sort of info please post below and thank you in advance for your help.

So

As the game stands now in May of 2014 can you finally us the in-game graphics settings to set everything to the max. Or is it still necessary to edit the useroptions.ini file to achieve the absolute best graphics in- game (Graphics being model detail, textures, effects, shadows, the whole shebang!)

One reference that was valuable a year or so back was the below Google Doc a community member posed on the internet. But I've no idea how up to date and relevant this still is?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...NDMzWm5UdTBZaFlSalJTeXNmMkE&usp=sharing#gid=0

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've pasted my own useroptions.ini file below containing what I "think" are the best graphics settings. I harvested these values from many forum threads, stopping around 9 months ago.

So is my file bang on? or does anyone spot some mistakes and settings I could change to increase the graphics/look of the game?

[Display]
    FullscreenRefresh=0
    Maximized=0
    RenderQuality=1.410000
    FullscreenWidth=1680
    FullscreenHeight=1050
    WindowedWidth=1024
    WindowedHeight=768
    Mode=Fullscreen
    FullscreenMode=Fullscreen

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=3
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=4
    RenderDistance=6000.000000
    Gamma=0.250000
    MaximumFPS=60
    UseLod0a=1
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=2
    EffectsQuality=3
    TerrainQuality=3
    FloraQuality=3
    ModelQuality=0
    VerticalFOV=70
    ParticleLOD=3
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.650000
    FogShadowsEnable=1
    MotionBlur=1
    VSync=0
    AO=1
    Smoothing=1
    SmoothingMaxFramerate=60
    SmoothingMinFramerate=40
  2. Gwarh

NOTE

I will compile everyone's feed back into a new compiled and up to date "useroptions.ini" file here (in this post) for the communities use. (if we can come to a consensus that is)

And if folks are interested I'll post a new/up to date version of the google doc I linked in my original post (original google doc was not my creation and I forget who the OP was) I will also add a "date last updated/checked column to show how fresh or stale the info is.